Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
... as for the BOR, you start watering any of it down very much or get rid of this and that, well then we're no longer America

what's the point?

Survival or subjection. Take your pick.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Liberty or security, take your pick.

I choose Liberty myself.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We need travel restrictions, IMO.

These dirtbags go to Syria, Qatar, wherever, don't plan on coming back. For now, it's a one-way trip.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
... as for the BOR, you start watering any of it down very much or get rid of this and that, well then we're no longer America

what's the point?

Subjection by WHOM, if I might make so bold as to ask ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Americas problems haven't been caused by adherence to the Bill of Rights.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
We surely can keep MORE refugees from coming in.

Christian refugees? The ones who ISIS haven't killed yet. Do we let them in?

You're okay with keeping Muslims from coming to America. (So am I.) How do we do that and let Christians and Hindus emigrate here without altering the Bill of Rights?

Sure, or keep all of them out. So if suddenly 500 million Muslim want to come to America, we have to let them in?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's nothing in the Bill of Rights that obligates America to accept *any* immigrants.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Several good points by quite a few people,

Can anyone point to a section in our Constitution that says we HAVE to accept immigrants? In other words is there anything that says we can't hang a big NO VACANCY sign on Lady liberty?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No need to touch our precious Bill of Rights.

Radical Islam has declared war on us. We must declare war on them and deal with them under articles of war. Then, as our sworn enemy, whenever they kill one of us, we must kill 100 of them. Soon, no more radical Islam problem.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The only immigration we can allow is that which requires assimilation. If you don't want to be an American don't come to America. If you want to practice islamic theocracy remain in an islamic theocratic state.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

what's the point?

Subjection by WHOM, if I might make so bold as to ask ?

Muslims. In the United States. The ones here now, and the ones coming.

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Americas problems haven't been caused by adherence to the Bill of Rights.

How do you think all those Arab Muslim immigrants got here? They used to be restricted on racial grounds. (Along with some others.)

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Don't let refugees in, kick out everyone on a VISA etc.

No Muslims in, then. Legal or illegal.

Not sure that can be done with the Bill of Rights as is.

What part of the bill of rights takes away congress's authority to establish rules of immigration?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Declare Islam a Terrorist Organization and we can apply all sorts of remedies.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

I'm getting the sense that most here on the 'Fire don't want to change anything in the Bill of Rights. I think most of the rest of the country agrees.

Just so we're all clear, though, most of the great ideas about how to deal with Muslim terror on the other threads just isn't going to happen.

Throw them all out of the country? Impale them on stakes? Not going to happen. They're going to keep coming. And they'll take over town councils, and school boards one by one, until they gain real political power in this country.

As for trading liberty for security, it's a great catch phrase. Security without liberty, yeah, we've seen that. But tell me how long any one man's liberty can exist without some kind of security for the society in which he lives. Security against Muslim terror, in this case. Even John Wayne didn't walk alone.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
None of it. Keep it all, we need to remain America.

+1000^^^

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I'm getting the sense that most here on the 'Fire don't want to change anything in the Bill of Rights. I think most of the rest of the country agrees.

Just so we're all clear, though, most of the great ideas about how to deal with Muslim terror on the other threads just isn't going to happen.

Throw them all out of the country? Impale them on stakes? Not going to happen. They're going to keep coming. And they'll take over town councils, and school boards one by one, until they gain real political power in this country.

As for trading liberty for security, it's a great catch phrase. Security without liberty, yeah, we've seen that. But tell me how long any one man's liberty can exist without some kind of security for the society in which he lives. Security against Muslim terror, in this case. Even John Wayne didn't walk alone.

Most of the ideas which have appeared here (on other threads) for combating terrorism have bordered on the insane. For example, 4ager thinks we should have bombed the hell out of our ally Saudi Arabia because 14 of the 911 bombers were from there. The Saudi royal family is hanging onto their regime with their fingernails against Islamist extremists. The Saudis banished Osama Bin Laden from their borders in 1992. The reason? The Saudis had allowed US forces to be stationed in Saudi Arabia in 1990 during the 1st Iraq war. Osama Bin Laden was so outraged at the Saudi government for doing this that he began writing anti-Saudi treatises. In 1992 the Saudi's banished him.

No doubt there are a lot of terrorists in Saudi Arabia. ( crazy Gee, you think it's got something to do with their being lots and lots of Muslims in that country!) The anti-Saud family radicals in Saudi Arabia would like nothing better than to be able to take the seat of governmental power away from the Saud family. 4ager's solution is to help the jihadists do that by punishing the Saud family for being relatively loyal to us by bombing the largest oil producing country in the world back to the stone age. His justification: apparently there are
Islamist extremists in Saudi Arabia and if the country does not produce them to us, we bomb them. The problem is, those extremists in Saudi Arabia want to take the Saud famly out of power as bad (or worse) than they want to take us out. By all means 4ager, let's help the radical dethrone one of our few allies in the region while simultaneously creating a worldwide energy shortage of unprecedented magnitude. crazy

That's one example of the idiocy masquerading as sound anti-terror foreign policy on this forum. (Some of the others are equally insane inasmuch as they presuppose or argue for an abandonment of some of the Bill of Rights. Very much like Leftists demanding the same thing as to the Second Amendment.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 12/05/15.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
[quote=tjm10025How do we do that and let Christians and Hindus emigrate here without altering the Bill of Rights?

[/quote]

Why do we want to do that at this time? We need to consider what benefits us and not pay too much attention to what benefits people from other countries. They are not protected by the BOR unless we let them in.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 56 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.