Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't have no one to leave my firearms to when I pass and a good friend's son is about to turn 13 and they don't have a good rifle. His dad bought a 20ga shotgun with bead site for him to use deer hunting. I told his dad it was a bad choice and told him his son will be getting my go to deer guns a savage 99eg in 300sav and my marlin 444.So while I still have a few years left I heavy heartedly decided it was time to give him the savage so he can spend a year with it before he hunts. I do have another eg that was my mom's that I never hunted. I will follow up with pics of the lad

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Nice gesture. Teach him well!

Best-
Steve

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tbear99
I don't have no one to leave my firearms to when I pass and a good friend's son is about to turn 13 and they don't have a good rifle. His dad bought a 20ga shotgun with bead site for him to use deer hunting. I told his dad it was a bad choice and told him his son will be getting my go to deer guns a savage 99eg in 300sav and my marlin 444.So while I still have a few years left I heavy heartedly decided it was time to give him the savage so he can spend a year with it before he hunts. I do have another eg that was my mom's that I never hunted. I will follow up with pics of the lad

I'm in the same boat.............. Most likely mine will end up somewhere I would never have put them.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good on you. That boy is getting a nice start into the hunting world.

I'm in the same boat regarding heirs. This past weekend was an eye opener for me in that regard. My old long time best hunting/shooting/gun swapping/beer drinking/women chasing pardner died (9 years my elder) and I drove to mid-Ohio for his funeral. I helped his sons sift through his stuff as they were overwhelmed, and they being 'gunners" themselves. He left no instructions for disposal of his gun stuff, that would fill a shipping container, save a few oral declarations that so-and-so should get this and that. When the dust settled they rewarded me with a tidy pile of goodies ( a couple S&W revolvers- M31 .32 and M14 K-38 single action, and a Vincent muzzle loading rifle project) because he had ordained it.

When I got home I sat down and inventoried my guns and started making a list of who shall get what, with the aim of it becoming an attachment to my will. If I didn't, my sisters would probably just sell them to a shyster dealer for 10¢ on the dollar. I have no kids, and I have two nephews who are gun-friendly in a passing way. I mean to leave the bulk of my "collection" to people whom I know will appreciate and use them. I think I know where I want my Savages to go...

Plan now- you don't know what lies around the bend...

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
sadly Im in the same boat! but only have a handful of guns now! Iv got more into ammo, Brass and reloading junk the fire arms. but dont plan on leaveing anytime soon! I hope! Gary Id know of a Good home for that switch barrel 99 you built! grin

Last edited by saddlering; 12/08/15.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Nice gesture TBear99, that rifle will be loved and cared for for a looong time after You're gone... because of the giving, not the gift.

That's the spirit of the Season!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
To all you guys with no sons and daughters, let us know you're mailing addresses so we can flood you with Christmas cards!!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tbear99

My hats off to you sir. A class act.

This thread is a timely wake up call, I need to inventory the firearms and write down directions for dispersal should something would happen to me.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Guns are evil, won't have one in the house.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Ahh, a kinder, gentler Fireball he is!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Ahh, a kinder, gentler Fireball he is!

I figger I better get to fluffin' the inner net persona a little to throw the feds off the scent...

BTW, excellent gesture tbear, you won't regret it.

LOL
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
I figger I better get to fluffin' the inner net persona a little to throw the feds off the scent...

too late...... wink

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
In that respect I would say we're all doomed!

T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
thanks so far in my life this is only young man deserving.I have 3 nephews none deserve them.I hope to meet a couple more deserving kids before my time but it takes years to get on list you can't bluff a way on it.My hunting partner has a decent son but while he acquire some of my things he still needs to work harder to earn them.

probably be a couple weeks when i surprise him and his dad and i will have pics of him to share for now here is a pic of rifle with my partner Arthur who is just over yr old now.

[img:center][Linked Image]thur006_zps140cf820.jpg[/img][/URL][/img]

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done, sir! smile

I would think your mom would be happy to have you use her rifle.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm in the same boat at age 80 and health problems for the last month. I'm actively selling off the collection so my wife/widow won't have to. It's a hassle but I have no grand kids that are interested. I've already given a prized '06 to a nephew. If anybody is interested in a really nice 99H 30-30 I've got mine listed on GB - #529483622 - only because I don't know a good value to list it in the Classifieds.
yooper

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Awesome gesture!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In this day of material abundance he is a lucky young man to have an elder as you considerate enough to pass down the tradition, something in relative short supply, more so than the instrument.

Last edited by S99VG; 12/10/15.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
A NOTE TO ALL
WRITE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS, detailed and give copies to key individuals
that will be involved.
Your age today doesn't matter, do it
I was asked by friends prior to their death to help with the distributions of assets. Age of the young man at death 55 and my best friend was 68 at passing. Yes, they had wills but the language was not specific and the administrator of the wills was a major problem.
You will never believe the behavior of relatives and long lost friends. Ha

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nor will you believe the behavior of your siblings at the passing of your folks!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 153, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,973
Posts18,480,717
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.