-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If unsure, completely back up your computer on a seperate drive.
If you don't like it then you can put it back to where you had it with all files and programs just the way they were.

Swifty

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Swifty52
In win 7 find the windows update tab in the program menu. If you have auto updates disabled it will not update itself to 10, but will have the upgrade listed.

If auto update isn't disabled Win 10 has already been downloaded onto your computer whether you ordered it or not...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Install updates automatically (recommended)

Download updates but let me choose whether to install them

Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them

Never check for updates (not recommended)

Well AJ
I guess I am either behind the times or just paranoid but I have used only option 2 or 3 since the inception of windows update way back when.
My personal favorite is option 3 that way I have/had control over what gets downloaded and installed,

Swifty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I normally left my computers set to allow automatic updates. I was under the assumption that you had to reserve a copy of Win 10 before they downloaded it onto my computers. That assumption was wrong. We use a hotspot for our home computers that shares my phone data plan. Didn't have any issues until Win 10 came along. Each download is aprox 6GB of data.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I get popups that tell me Win10 is ready to install. I didn't ask for it but it's downloaded.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like it and have upgraded all my Computers

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Gibby
I have windows 7 pro. The upgrade said it will install 10 pro free until July 2016. I am not sure I want to do it. I'd hate to get stuck. I do not know much about these things.

Same here, though I haven't seen a specified deadline....The way I see it, why dick around with something that isn't broken?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I have windows 7 pro. The upgrade said it will install 10 pro free until July 2016. I am not sure I want to do it. I'd hate to get stuck. I do not know much about these things.

Same here, though I haven't seen a specified deadline....The way I see it, why dick around with something that isn't broken?
[quote]

That is what I am thinking. I loved XP, but Win 7 is not bad. I get a great anti virus program from AT&T. I am just wondering if eventually Microsoft will quit security updates on Win 7. Plus I like to have a CD/DVD copy in case my hard drive craps out or something else. I switched to a SSD hard drive which I like a lot, but they fail too. I here from others that Win 10 is more intrusive on your private stuff. But I know little about that stuff.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Exactly. And plus 1 for Ubuntu/Linux operating systems.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A friend had Windows 8 and, like me, hated it. I did the upgrade for her - smooth and easy, by the way - and 10 is magnitudes better. Don't know if it's at all better than Windows 7, which is what I use, but it's a darn sight better than 8.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by safariman

Exactly. And plus 1 for Ubuntu/Linux operating systems.

Who did you scam to get that?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not liking it. Most other sites not much problem, but the campfire doesn't like it at all.

took 4 (oops 6) minutes to type this with the lil wait circle appearing

and characters are slow to respond

said my puter had enough juice to run Win 10

but will have my IT guy check it out. It's a cheap lil pos laptop

think Outlaw probably has it correct.

putting new server in at work, running 7 on it.

not a fan of this MS stuff

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Long Live Linux!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

β€œIn Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Long Live Linux!

AMEN!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Campfire did not like 10 for me and we pulled it off both laptops and put 7 back on. A lot fewer bugs with videos also.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Old dogs..

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Last Sunday, I finally switched over from Windows 8.1, which I absolutely HATED, to 10. I love it! I can find stuff, and it's been problem free for the whole week, The Campfire included. My wife switched her Windows 7 to 10 yesterday. She's not on her computer much, but simply says, "It's faster".

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,794 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,196
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.