Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bbassi Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
As good as advertised or all marketing? I'm thinking about a big gift for the cottage. large open space with cathedral ceilings.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a few Bose component's, and they have all exceeded my expectations.
But I have bought all of mine at a Bose factory store[factory defects out of the box and returned/repaired] at a pretty heavy discount.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Expensive but sound is great!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"Bose® Factory Store
Bose® Factory Stores feature value-priced, Factory Renewed items—along with the same new products offered in Showcase stores. Our Factory Renewed products meet the same high performance standards as new items, and are backed by the same limited warranties."

Link:
https://www.bose.com/store_locator...._wq2pvW5YYYzrhJL1TvO8Lvtg7rzXRoC58Pw_wcB

They'll ship.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No highs, no lows, must be Bose. That's the old saying we had when I worked in the high-end home audio business. Mr. Bose, being a MIT brainchild, did a wonderful job of engineering sound chambers to maximize volume and efficiency of cheap paper-cone drivers. Materials have advanced light years since his first pioneering work and they still charge a premium for less-than-high-end materials and sound. I also hate the fact that they use radio frequency remotes instead of IR so you can never program a universal remote to control all your components. You always need the Bose remote for volume control.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have a couple of the lil wave radio/cd players

pretty decent sound for such a small package, spendy yes

they've got decent stuff throughout their line, but my best guesstimate is a true audiophile (not me) can probably point you to other as good or better components

that factory store of theirs would seem to be worth checking out

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I got a refurbished one a few years ago. 300-350 dollars. You will love it.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Speaker comparisons back in the day never made me go for Bose.My old Infinity speakers finally croaked though and I recently replaced them with some cheap ($30) Bose off Craigslist.

I'm happy with them but for big $ and critical listening I'd be looking for something else.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It depends upon what you want - Bose knew his potential market well. I have recommended and even installed a Bose setup here and there for friends who were looking for a compact and easy listening system that sounds quite decent at lower volume levels and when you are fairly close to it.

But, none of those folks are critical listeners when it comes to the true characteristic sound of instruments/voices, realistically balanced frequency response, transience, etc. In the natural setting, instruments and voices move air in very specific ways, and sometimes move a lot of it.

When listening I like to do so in the largest space available (vain effort to approximate where performances occur) and I'm looking for the setup - particlarly the speakers - to MOVE AIR and reproduce as close to performance reality as possible. Only certain speaker materials/designs/sizes will do this in the overall sense.

Small Bose systems don't.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The little Bose speakers are often chosen because of WAF.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mathman
The little Bose speakers are often chosen because of WAF.

This. +1.

Pretty good for their size, but if you are serious, you can do better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've always been on the fence about Bose. But I bought one of these on a whim, and I can't recommend it highly enough. The darn thing just kicks so much ass on so many levels it's remarkable. Sounds great, very portable, loud enough to listen to in the garage, great battery life, rechargeable and wireless. I take it everywhere. Camping. The range. You name it. Get one and thank me later.

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLin...sr=8-1&keywords=sound+link+mini+bose

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bose isnt top tier. More like middle, and thats a gift of sorts. They make a decent sounding speaker in a small footprint. That disclaimer aside, it is plenty good for most. I have a set of the small cubes doing duty as my rear surrounds, and they do fine in that application.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Heck, if you are shooter, you can't hear well enough to appreciate anything better, anyway. Bose will be fine.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I can't agree with you on this one Rocky.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am still running my Bose 901-II's I bought in 1976.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
When my daughter got married (small wedding). i had a guy lined up to do the music, he/they had an emergency and couldn't do it using the churches sound system.

What to do. Enter the Bose. People where very impressed and surprised that little box could produce the sound that it did. And you can hook up your iPad or phone, or Tv to it via a 3.5 jack.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If your hearing is good enough to tell any difference, you are truly a lucky man, mathman. Or perhaps not. What with shooting, jets and tinnitus, I have not enjoyed music for a very long time. Haven't voluntarily listened to any for 10 years or so. (Bought a new vehicle 18 months ago - have yet to turn on the radio.) So my audio system/music purchase expenditures are exactly zero.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
When my daughter got married (small wedding). i had a guy lined up to do the music, he/they had an emergency and couldn't do it using the churches sound system. What to do. Enter the Bose. People where very impressed and surprised that little box could produce the sound that it did. And you can hook up your iPad or phone, or Tv to it via a 3.5 jack.

That flexibility is good, but there can quite a difference between producing "sound" and producing a decent spectrum of FR. I sometimes use a Bose L COMPACT with an electronic keyboard or with EWI for performance in larger rooms (it's designed for such) and that works fine as long as the cubic footage and dead surface density are not too great.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
http://www.bang-olufsen.com/

Or there is this stuff, super expensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

443 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 21, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 37 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.