-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I believe there are limits to the amount of recoil a person can handle.

Some people cannot handle the .40. Some top out on the Casull. Some seem to have no limit at all.

I also believer there are some people that can't learn a foreign language. Regardless of how much they study or how hard they try.

I also believe handgun "fit" is exaggerated. We all like some things more than others, but you're not going to hand a handgun shooter a Glock, and watch him fail. Then hand him a revolver, and watch him succeed. You can either shoot or you can't.

Just my opinion.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Some people cannot handle the .40. Some top out on the Casull. Some seem to have no limit at all.

I also believer there are some people that can't learn a foreign language. Regardless of how much they study or how hard they try.

I also believe handgun "fit" is exaggerated. We all like some things more than others, but you're not going to hand a handgun shooter a Glock, and watch him fail. Then hand him a revolver, and watch him succeed. You can either shoot or you can't.

Just my opinion.

Travis

quite likely. in something like a Super Blackhawk a 44 Mag doesnt feel like much of anything to me. was intimidated by the gun a bit when i bought it, first time I actually pulled the trigger I could not figure out what the fuss was about, I didnt feel the major recoil that was supposed to be there. take the big step up to a 500 Linebaugh and while it didnt really hurt the sensation in my wrist was not pleasant either. So long as the recoil impulse is reasonably slow I dont feel it but the higher intensity stuff, even smaller rounds like the 327 Federal with top end loads and I definitely do. but I dont notice the 1911 at all.

seems to extend to rifles aswell, big bores with mild velocities are comfortable for me but I dont care for the faster snap of things like 300 Magnums.

with both rifles and handguns recoil velocity matters more than how much recoil is there, for me.

Last edited by rattler; 12/15/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Yup.

I I also believer [sic] there are some people that can't learn a foreign language. Regardless of how much they study or how hard they try.

Fo sho. Just ask Ready about my German. A couple hundred $ of tutoring with Frau Runda did jack squat for me. blush

As far as hitting stuff with conscious effort, I agree. Glocks feel crazy awkward in my mitts, but I've not shot one yet that wasn't damned accurate for me. As for being comfortable enough to draw & point under stress, however, I think fit is still important.

Potato, potaaahteaux... whatever.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 3,207 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,965
Posts18,499,229
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.