-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Canuks must be 15 years or so behind the times. Those stickers have been down here for quite a while!

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Thieves that steal from vehicles that have various stickers advertising that the vehicle owner is into hunting, fishing, shooting and the outdoors are most likely not other "sportsmen".

They are career burglars that are smart enough to know what they might find in a vehicle marked as such...

I wish I could say that's true but where I live unfortunately there's a lot of trash running around with a rifle during hunting season that won't pass up an opportunity to five finger shop in someone's pickup if they come across it in an isolated location and think they can get away with it. They're actually hunting but the temptation is too strong not to swipe something if they can get away with it. Not career burglars, just low lifes that will grab something or vandalize your vehicle just because they're azzholes. The idea of the noble, ethical sportsman doesn't mesh with reality a lot of the time. Unfortunately there are a lot of scumbags that like to hunt.

I hate to say it, but I trust most of the "hunters" I come across only slightly more than I would an inner city gang member. Sad, but that's the way it is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's BS.

A thief is a thief whether he hunts or not.

There's no such thing as being "a little bit pregnant"

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
rcamuglia & xxclaro are on the right track for around here.

I've talked w/2 gun-gear dealers in my area a couple yrs ago and they both told me that they were NOT selling that many Brownings.

People just like the buck head figure, (logo). Girls like the pink ones. I agree that firearm advertisement ain't a bad thing no matter what the reason/s are.

BTW I don't have one and I won't because I refuse to adv. Browning. They ain't what they USED to be. IMO

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
That's BS.

A thief is a thief whether he hunts or not.

BS? Can you read and comprehend English? Did you completely miss the point of what I said? Yes a thief is a thief, most of them aren't riding around the back woods during deer season looking for someone to rob, they're hunting themselves and just happen to come across something to steal so they do it because they're scumbags. I've had enough game cameras and climbing treestands stolen on my own property to figure out that they're not walking around aimlessly through the woods trying to find something to steal, they're hunting themselves and happen to come across something they can lift without much chance of getting caught so they take it. I've also had an ATV vandalized (gravel dumped in fuel tank) while sitting on my uncle's land by some scumbag "hunter" just because he knew he could do it without getting caught. These aren't guys coming out of the barrio to troll the woods during hunting season for easy targets, they're hunters themselves with no ethics. Leave a game camera on public land without a python cable on it and see how long it stays there. It's not Jamal or Julio taking it, it's your neighbor's kid down the street who though it would be cool to go hunting with his buddy, smoke a little weed & grab what he can while no one is watching.

It does no one any good to bury your head in the sand by proclaiming that a lot of "sportsmen" aren't scumbags, they are and I've run across more than my share of them. It's easier to blame some other group than to police our own.

Heck, about a month and a half ago I planted a food plot for a friend on some land he has about a mile from me, he lives about 3 hours away. I put out an exclusion cage to monitor the growth of the plot, I made it from some welded wire I had sitting around. The thing probably cost $2 to make. It's gone now, some jackass trespasser stole it. Who the hell steals a $2 wire cage? It wasn't some gang member, it was some neighbor that knows the landowner lives away so he's over there hunting the food plot, walking right past the posted signs & picking up whatever he can that isn't nailed down. The game warden has been notified and staked the plot out a couple of times but hasn't caught him yet, hopefully he'll be able to at least nail him for tresspassing. That's the kind of "hunters" I come across on a regular basis.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Of the Brownings I have owned, they were all shooters. Shot just as well as any Remington or Winchester. I don't understand the dislike of the A-Bolt. I have never touched an X-Bolt so I can not comment there.

On the topic of thievery; if there are five people in a room, at least one of them will be an @sshole. There is a reason even this great forum has an "ignore" setting for those more eloquent amongst us who feel that cursing shows both breathe of knowledge and depth of wisdom.

Edit - I find the stickers on about 25% of the cars in Ohio a bit much. Reminds me of the "No Fear" stickers from 15ish years ago.

Last edited by micky; 11/30/15.

“Lighten up Francis”
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I've never owned a Browning rifle, but I'll say this:

I'd rather see a Buckmark logo on the back glass than a Hillary sticker on the bumper.

I have seen trucks with both....of course they had New Jersey license plates.

Doc

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

I'd rather see a Buckmark logo on the back glass than a Hillary sticker on the bumper.

I have seen trucks with both....of course they had New Jersey license plates.

Doc

Go to Colorado and you'll see the same along with a RMEF sticker. Usually seen on Subarus.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by xxclaro
It just seems like the less knowledgeable retailers believe that all anyone wants is Brownings, and stock them at double the ratio of anything else. I don't see that many people shooting them, but maybe they sell better than I think. Either way, Browning really struck on a bit of marketing genius with it.

Browning rifles are prominent on the store shelves here in Canada not because store owners are less knowledgeable, It's all the distributors have available. Browning seems to over produce and has tons of guns to send to Canada. Other brands can take months or years depending on model. Gunshops are filling the empty spaces on their shelves with Brownings when they would love to get their hands on some Remingtons, Winchesters and Rugers

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
That makes sense bushrat, never even thought of that. I haven't seen a single Ruger on the shelf locally in months, and Remingtons are scarce as hens teeth too. If them damn Yankees would quit buying them all up, maybe we could get some down here.....course with the prices they pay I can't say I blame them

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Browning hasn't fielded a proper center fire bolt gun since the FN Mauser marketed as Browning Safari which was discontinued in the seventies, IIRC.

I have found the BAR to be a well made accurate rifle, with the exception of a couple of 7 mags. I did have a Gd IV 7 mag that shot well at barely over an inch at 100 with factory ammo.

The steel framed BARs are a bit heavy by today's standards. The light framed guns do better. Browning does not even bring the best of the bunch into this country. They make a Zenith model, light frame, shorter fluted barrel with high visibility sights (See Browning international), but does not market it here. I saw a couple in Dallas in .30-06 and .300WSM. I wanted a .308, but it never came. I should have taken the .30-06.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Heck, the browning sticker fad may be just like the Harley tshirt fad. Lots of folks with a sticker, lots fewer with a rifle.

If it is a real deal, they are late to the party. My dad and grandpa were the Browning fanboys of all time, A5's, Light 20's, BAR's, BLR's, and that exquisite Auto 22. I thought that gun was ugly as sin, but never complained about the looks when slaying squirrels with it. Funny, no one ever tried their pistols, grandpa had a Colt Woodsman, and that was a peach. I departed the straight and narrow, got into Winchester's and other unsavory company, even falling so far as to lay with Bushmasters and similar trash... If Browning can't do better than the X-bolt, I am unlikely to return to the fold, even in old age.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The only browning I own is a buckmark. It's shoots fantastic too!!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
OP is complaining about seeing pro hunting stickers? Really?

No. It was more of an observation that it appears as though what gun dealers there are where he lives base their inventory (excess of Brownings) based on the abundance of those stickers. His complaint was about gun selection and an unbalanced ratio.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 12/01/15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The Buckmark is now a symbol used by many who consider themselves outdoorsmen and want to be recognized as such.
I hope to never have to resort to that. Sad.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a logo-phobe. My wife and kids don't buy me ANYTHING with a logo on it. Browning tops the list with Cabelas and UnderArmor. You couldn't pay me to wear that stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only Browning's I own are an Argie Hi-Power I carried as my duty weapon during Desert Storm and an Belgian A-5 with a 4 digit serial number that my Grandmother gave my Grandfather on their first wedding anniversary. I suppose I'm not that sticker demographic. grin

That being said, I agree with many that folks that have them don't own a Browning and it's more of a lifestyle thing. Browning, or their advertising folks, gets credit for a clean identifiable logo that has spread beyond their brand.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
I like my browning rifles they fit me better then other brands and shoot very well. I haven't had any problems with them not going bang. I live around the salt water and here in Newfoundland we have some of the most unforgiving weather in Canada.

Last edited by quackquackbang; 12/16/15.

"I hump the wild to take it all in, there is no bag limit on happiness".
~ Ted Nugent
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

A big, FAT +1

It's a thing I see all over. I am just not a Browning fan. Overpriced and overrated in my experience and opinion. What I see is the huge buck skull antlers, most.

When I think of Browning BAR, I think of these:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 1Deernut; 12/16/15.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Logo: People like to show off and the buckmark has gone the way of fox shocks and underarmor... the logo is the deal versus the product anymore.

Having said that, I dont pay to advertise other peoples products and avoid logo wear unless I really believe in it.

Browning guns: MY bps 12 and 20 dont miss a beat.. My citori 725 is fantastic.
I like my new stainless x-bolt because it blends the convenience of a magazine fed rifle like my first remington 788 and the tang safety of my ruger 77 tang safety rifle.
My remington 700's, 600, and 788 leave me questioning remington quality. The xbolt is a bit over priced, but I feel my last rem 700 was way overpriced for the quality it delivered.

I'll admit I got a deal on the pricey SS xbolt because it sat on a small town hardware store gun rack where savage was the preferred price point brand. If your local dealers can sell browning and be profitable... more power to them. I would rather see brownings than mossbergs and remington express as my only selection.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 219 Wasp, 70 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,927
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.