Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
rattler,

It was written in very basic form Hebrew, translated into Greek and then translated into English.

Ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
rattler,

It was written in very basic form Hebrew, translated into Greek and then translated into English.

Ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls?

question for you, have you ever learned a language other than english?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and yes I know what the Dead Sea scrolls are and there isnt a set translation for them either. several interpretations of what they say. which is what I am getting at with my question

Last edited by rattler; 12/16/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Let's suppose I actually know three languages. Does that make your mistake correct?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have learned other languages then you should know direct translation DOES NOT happen 100% of the time, somethings never translate well doesnt matter the language, always going to be something. add that to the fact no living person has heard the version of Greek and Hebrew the original books of the bible were written in. Hell look how hard it is to understand the English of Shakesperes time at times and there is significantly less time between modern US or British English and it than Biblical and modern Greek. Add that to the Hebrew is a very basic form where one word means MANY things depending on context and the strict interpretation of the english language bible just gets sillier and sillier.

Last edited by rattler; 12/16/15.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
damnit don't start making logical explanations on this thread.......you will ruin it.

oh and BTW, your going to hell for arguing with the bible......good luck. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
For example, Mule Deer and Whitetail Deer are two distinct species, but are capable of sometimes producing fertile offspring. Geneticists will tell you that this is because, due to adapting to two distinct environments for long enough time, they have diverged from a common ancestor into two species due to prolonged breeding and environmental isolation. The main reason for them typically not interbreeding is that they have different mating behaviors that don't lend to it (they don't understand the same breeding "language"). Offspring of the rare cases don't produce a third distinct species because their breeding behavior is so confused that they generally can't get together with any sort of deer of the opposite sex.

This describes a very early stage in speciation, i.e., the generation of two distinct species from what was one. Examples of splits that occurred further back in time would include that of the tiger and the lion, or the donkey and the horse. Yet more distant splits are exemplified by such as that between sheep and goats, who can almost never produce surviving offspring, and never fertile offspring. Cats and dogs are even further split apart.

Actually you are more wrong than right...

Mule deer are the result of crossing blacktail deer and whitetails when they met after the whitetail population moved north along the Pacific coast and evolved into blacktails. The cross was between a whitetail doe and blacktail buck as proven by mitochondrial RNA which comes from the mothers' side only.

The reason it happened that way is the blacktail habit of chasing does and the whitetail habit of waiting for the does to come to them.

Valerius Geist is the one that ironed the wrinkles out of the theory.

Today we still have blacktails named as though they are subspecies of mule deer, but that is taxonomically incorrect.

Speciation does not have to be an adaptation to different environments at all. Many are documented where they simply utilized different aspects of the same environment.

Leather from sheep:goat hybrids is fairly easy to come by though expensive due to its very fine, but extremely durable wear characteristics...

I guess the dodging means you realize you are clueless about mule deer geneology...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
just gets sillier and sillier.

You just summed up Ringman and his understanding of essentially anything.

Quick, post up some pics of native trees in his area, or rivers swollen with rain water and debris - he'll be completely befuddled (again).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Most of the Bible makes no sense to me.

Perhaps that is worth contemplating.

And yet, Ringman cites the Bible (which he now says he doesn't understand) as the basis for understanding everything in the world around him.

Go figure.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
not holding him to his own reasoning, which is what I assert my argument is doing.

You told me what my reasoning is. You didn't ask me. Then you proceeded to destroy the strawman you built with your imaginary thought about what I think. blush
Your reasoning is deducible from your argument.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Fantasy Land. "Bones of Contention" by Marvin Lubenow, theologian and paleo-anthropologist, reveals how imprecise and arbitrary paleo-anthropology is. Remember Lucy, Peking and Java man and the rest of our other crazy, so-called relatives--complete constructs or outright deceptions. And their dates of existence chosen to shoe-horn into a timeline of plausibility all to defend macro evolution.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad
You mean that King Jim and the boys might not be strictly correct?

There is some interesting history behind King James and his boys. I have been a history nut since I was a young boy and when I started studying the Bible I did not take it for it's word and decided to dive into the history of it and the characters involved with it.

Just before the beginning of King James rein inherited from a vicious and cruel mother there was a Bible written by the Calvinists for the common man and lowly servants to the Crown. This was the Geneva Bible Translated by John Calvin and his crew. It spread like wildfire and had to be stopped by authoritarians everywhere and here is why.

The Geneva Bible had a whole lot of footnotes suggesting the true purpose and meaning of the passages. There were a lot of anti-authoritarian ideals included in these footnotes explaining that all men were created equal and no man or government had the right to own another human by divine or blood right.

Of course this was not going to fly amongst the authoritarians and royalty everywhere because the masses were starting to "feel their own worth and equality" against those who they were supposed to serve. They were wising up and needed to be put back "into their place", Hence the King James Version that current religions still use to keep their subjects in submission.

After doing quite a bit of background on King James I found that historical fact about king James as a person is pretty scary. In reality he was one cruel and sick SOB(literally).

There are some current projects to revive the Geneva Bible, and the footnotes that objective minds might want to take a look at if they want to know more about these "footnotes" current sects would rather they did not read. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by las
Work week reference.

I never have figured out where the thing about not cooking a lamb in it's mother's milk came from, except as a form of respect perhaps?

if you read thru Leviticus, quite often the text will say "Do not {do this or that} for I am the Lord your God."

As Israel was coming into the land, it was inhabited by idol worshipers and they observed many rituals for various religious reasons. One thing they did to increase the fertility of their herd was to boil a kid (baby goat) in its mother's milk.
God is telling Israelites not to do this because they aren't idol worshipers and should not do the things that idol worshipers do in their religious practices.
God is saying "I am the Lord YOUR God..... not that idol"

Does this apply to today?
Yes. not the literal boiling thing, but the principle. Basically, Don't live like lost people. Live your life in such a way that you (and the world) will know that I am the Lord YOUR God.

Much of the Levitical laws had to do with purposefully living life differently than idol worshipers.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rphguy
Originally Posted by las
Work week reference.

I never have figured out where the thing about not cooking a lamb in it's mother's milk came from, except as a form of respect perhaps?

if you read thru Leviticus, quite often the text will say "Do not {do this or that} for I am the Lord your God."

As Israel was coming into the land, it was inhabited by idol worshipers and they observed many rituals for various religious reasons. One thing they did to increase the fertility of their herd was to boil a kid (baby goat) in its mother's milk.
God is telling Israelites not to do this because they aren't idol worshipers and should not do the things that idol worshipers do in their religious practices.
God is saying "I am the Lord YOUR God..... not that idol"

Does this apply to today?
Yes. not the literal boiling thing, but the principle. Basically, Don't live like lost people. Live your life in such a way that you (and the world) will know that I am the Lord YOUR God.

Much of the Levitical laws had to do with purposefully living life differently than idol worshipers.
Great post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4

There is some interesting history behind King James and his boys. I have been a history nut since I was a young boy and when I started studying the Bible I did not take it for it's word and decided to dive into the history of it and the characters involved with it.

Just before the beginning of King James rein inherited from a vicious and cruel mother there was a Bible written by the Calvinists for the common man and lowly servants to the Crown. This was the Geneva Bible Translated by John Calvin and his crew. It spread like wildfire and had to be stopped by authoritarians everywhere and here is why.

The Geneva Bible had a whole lot of footnotes suggesting the true purpose and meaning of the passages. There were a lot of anti-authoritarian ideals included in these footnotes explaining that all men were created equal and no man or government had the right to own another human by divine or blood right.

Of course this was not going to fly amongst the authoritarians and royalty everywhere because the masses were starting to "feel their own worth and equality" against those who they were supposed to serve. They were wising up and needed to be put back "into their place", Hence the King James Version that current religions still use to keep their subjects in submission.

After doing quite a bit of background on King James I found that historical fact about king James as a person is pretty scary. In reality he was one cruel and sick SOB(literally).

There are some current projects to revive the Geneva Bible, and the footnotes that objective minds might want to take a look at if they want to know more about these "footnotes" current sects would rather they did not read. smile

Hmmm. While there is much to recommend Calvinistic commentary, there are some doctrinal issues I have with him that are fairly significant and I grew up in a denominational mileau where the sun rose and set on Calvin. He was not a snowy white brother either.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4

Hmmm. While there is much to recommend Calvinistic commentary, there are some doctrinal issues I have with him that are fairly significant and I grew up in a denominational mileau where the sun rose and set on Calvin. He was not a snowy white brother either.

What you state is absolutely true. In fact even the Puritans who were persecuted for using and interpreting the Geneva Bible were not quite "Pure" themselves. I'm still not sure if they were actually persecuted for their faith or persecuted for their sometimes cruel interpretations of the book they were using. They may have actually earned and deserved some of the scrutiny they were receiving at the time.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,008
Posts18,500,123
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.