-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Less than 20 posts and another Campfire derailment. There are many people and bands that could be talked about, but the OP is Beatles vs Stones. The stones have played longer, but you couldn't name all the band members over those 50 years of drugs and guitars, yet everyone knows John, Paul, George and Ringo...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better musicians and music

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hands down the Stones! The Beagles are fine if you're into 2 minute songs that all sound the same.

With the Stones the song styles cover several genres of music from rock to pop to country.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stones when Mick Taylor was there

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Stones..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having had to endure eight hours of Christmas Carols a day since Thanksgiving, anything sounds good right now. sick

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Having had to endure eight hours of Christmas Carols a day since Thanksgiving, anything sounds good right now. sick

Being forced to live in the PRK is one thing, but that is beyond the pale. No way in Hell I'd put up with that.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I quickly tire of the lightweight Christmas carols, but I don't mind a few playings of Adeste Fideles sung in Latin by someone with good pipes.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I like the variety of the Beatles' music, they showed far more growth in that area, but the Stones put on the best live concert I've ever seen.

Both of them beat the crap out of Metallica...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And AC/DC a close second.

Heart of Dixie
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The Beatles were the innovators.
A great many firsts in the music industry whereby all others followed.
Besides that, noone ever crafted melody like them before or since, with Lennon writing several songs with 3 part harmony as an intended component.

They Stones were followers their whole career by comparison.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The Beatles were the innovators.
A great many firsts in the music industry whereby all others followed.
Besides that, noone ever crafted melody like them before or since, with Lennon writing several songs with 3 part harmony as an intended component.

They Stones were followers their whole career by comparison.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If not for the Beatles, none of the rest would have made it. They'd have all stayed club bands in London. Beatles paved the way for all of them by conquering America. None of the others would have gotten any American airplay.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Stones...

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Hands down the Stones! The Beagles are fine if you're into 2 minute songs that all sound the same.

With the Stones the song styles cover several genres of music from rock to pop to country.

The two minute songs were gone by the late 60's. Hey Jude was the longest rock song that received airplay at that time.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I was telling some young (40's) guys the other day: they just can't imagine the impact the Beatles had on the music scene when they hit the US. They were certainly innovators and rewrote the rules for pop music. That said, the Stones resonate with me more, at least until their music of the mid'80's on.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a group, the Stones made better music.

Would love to have seen what a group consisting of McCartney, Harrison and Richards would have done.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The Beatles -- the ones left anyway -- are left wing whiny ass bitches.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
never really liked the Stones. For me, the best band of those two was the Beatles.
Beatles were 'different'. Stones took most of their inspiration from black American musicians.

Unlike most folks alive today, I saw both of those bands in live concert. Beatles put on a whale of a show, as did the Rolling Stones.
Saw most of the other period bands live as well, but always thought that ELO put on the best rock 'concert' I'd had experienced.
Kinks would be right there, as well as Pink Floyd.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 12/17/15.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by troutslayer
The Beatles -- the ones left anyway -- are left wing whiny ass bitches.

To a man, they were/are all that way. No different than most entertainers of just about any stripe.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
never really liked the Stones. For me, the best band of those two was the Beatles.
Beatles were 'different'. Stones took most of their inspiration from black American musicians.

Unlike most folks alive today, I saw both of those bands in live concert. Beatles put on a whale of a show, as did the Rolling Stones.
Saw most of the other period bands live as well, but always thought that ELO put on the best rock 'concert' I'd had experienced.
Kinks would be right there, as well as Pink Floyd.

Geeezzzz.....and here I had you down as a Frankie Goes To Hollywood kind of a guy.....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,412
Posts18,528,173
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.