Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by sako4me
Haven't been able to find a better deal than this....

http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-synthetic-black.aspx

I've got a Sako type itch, and was originally looking at Finnlights until these caught my eye. The only thing that stops me from hitting the buy button is I'm not sure what kind of finish they are using. Some retailers say it's matte blue, Sako says matte black, I was kind of hoping it was something a little more weather resistant than bluing. Anyone know?

Sorry for the first post here, didn't want to miss the chance to ask since yall were talking Sako's and this model in particular.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Divide the difference in price by the number of years you'll own the rifle.

I'll bet the Sako is worth it to you.

I'm a Tikka guy, but I'm cheap.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Da Bears.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sako says it's a matte blue. I'd not worry one bit about that, some break free clp applied correctly and you'd have little to worry about unless you going to spend days afield in high moisture. I have a matte finished sako, looks great and has never rusted, with a occasional wipe down your good to go. I've got the ultra high gloss deluxe finished Sakos and matte, the matte looks better in my opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a matte hunter in 260 and I never had corrosion issues. The others are stainless.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Terryk
I have a matte hunter in 260 and I never had corrosion issues. The others are stainless.

+1 Their bluing whether gloss or matte is most likely going to be high quality. I have never had an issue with an all blued Fiberclass I bought in the 80's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard the saying, Only Accurate rifles are interesting.

So it is with Sako and Tikka. Both proven. Not regretted any of the ones I have owned.

A Sako is nice, but if I owned one I would want to put a good stock on it. By then, I might as well go full custom. Just me. Get the exact config of every component and have a package custom to what I need, and want and often in a cartridge chambering that may not be had in an OEM.

I loved the Pre-Garcia's - but the A series and the 75/85 also are well mfg. There was a series years back - M and S series, not a fan...

Lastly, the only bad things other than the bad batch of Chinese steel that caused some serious issues with Sako years back, has been complaints about Beretta Customer Service.

Just my .02.

A man could do alot worse than finding a Pre-Garcia in 270, 06, 7RM, or 338RM for all North American Big Game. Obviously if Big Bears are on the menu, the mid-bore is best. Drop one in a McM or similar and scope of choice. Though today's crave is often Stainless for low-maintenance. Therein lies good rationale for a 75/85.

Good luck with your new Sako, look forward to range results.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Originally Posted by Gtscotty

I've got a Sako type itch, and was originally looking at Finnlights until these caught my eye. The only thing that stops me from hitting the buy button is I'm not sure what kind of finish they are using. Some retailers say it's matte blue, Sako says matte black, I was kind of hoping it was something a little more weather resistant than bluing. Anyone know?

Sorry for the first post here, didn't want to miss the chance to ask since yall were talking Sako's and this model in particular.

Well I received my gun in mail. I love it! I called sako before I ordered and they told me it is a black finnlight. However, not sure what the barrel is other than is is black. Not blued but black. Either way I love it. Duratouch stock, steel mag, smooth bolt, light as a feather. If I had more money Id buy another in different caliber.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good deal, glad you like it. Let us know how it shoots. Hope it shoots as good as most do, you'll be smiling ear to ear.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Got any good pics? Wish there was more info out there on the barrel on this rifle. I have been told that it has a corrosion resistance coating and also been told that it is just a blued barrel.... Hmmm, what is it?

Last edited by NEhunter; 12/18/15.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It looks to be some sort of cerekoting. If you go to Eurooptic and look under the 270 model there's a picture of just the barrel.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Must be more profit margin in the Tikka

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You guys in the U.S. have no idea how good you have it, those prices make me want to cry.......

One of those would be awfully sweet especially in a 6.5x55 or 270 Win.

Gerry.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
^ yeah, but you guys get some rifles we cannot get anymore...like stainless Swedes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Really? That is odd, I guess that is why there are so many complaints about Beretta.

Gerry.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They quit importing them for reasons unknown. You can find the blued/walnut version, but not stainless/syn.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have a number of Tikkas, including an old LSA 65, a 695 and some T3s. They are dang nice guns. A number of years ago, I sold a few toys and bought a Sako TRG 22 in .308. Phenomenal rifle. While the T3 may be considered a "budget" gun compared to a Sako, there is no arguing that they shoot extremely well.

In all honesty, I don't think you can go wrong either way, and it really depends on your budget.

Buying one Sako model that is exactly what you want, and scoping it with high quality optic like a 2.5-10 Nightforce, then using it as your exclusive big game rifle makes a lot of sense to me, rather than buying 3-4 different rifles of various quality, and topping them with budget scopes.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

S
S
"Well I received my gun in mail. I love it! I called sako before I ordered and they told me it is a black finnlight. However, not sure what the barrel is other than is is black. Not blued but black. Either way I love it. Duratouch stock, steel mag, smooth bolt, light as a feather. If I had more money Id buy another in different caliber."

Please describe the duratouch stock.
Does it have the hollow feel and sound that my Sako 75 has?

Last edited by shiloh4065; 12/19/15.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by killindeer
has anyone here that splurged on a Sako regretted it at all or thought "why didnt i just buy a tikka?".

[Linked Image]

NOPE

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Who is telling you to just get a Tikka? I have a T3 in 6.5 Swede and someone told me to just get a Remington or Savage I would wonder about their intelligence for a few reasons. Cannot comprehend Sako? Don't have a clue about collecting? Someone plain doesn't understand when a gun nut gets an itch, there's only one way to scratch it.
Keep looking til you find what you want and put some pics up when you get it.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,347
Posts18,526,961
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.