Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
lets see. We were at my daughter's inlaws. They are from New York. I am sure some obama voters were there. I practice "Don't ask, don't tell" at these family get togethers.

That's the best approach. Why confront and attempt to sway those within your circle when you can bitch on the 'Fire.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
5 conservatives, age 58 to 79.
5 liberals, age 21 to 32.

Bill Quimby

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My father was a liberal until age 40. He died at 90, 3 years ago.
If we said, "Hey Dad, Obama is President.."
He would scream back, "I BLAME BUSH!"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
None I don't associate with liberals family or not.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Same here, and the worst are these liberal idiots that think they aren't. The 'fire is full of them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Don't ask; don't tell" at my family gatherings too. My wife and I are a easily a distinct minority and all know it.

Most have learned to not broach politics or liberalism with me anymore.

I fell from the tree but then rolled out from under the canopy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
3 of us with a functioning brain out af a pack of 23 in total. My wife wonders why I dislike heading back east! At least last night we were able to go out with old friends and have intelligent conversations. As the old adage goes, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family!

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
14 people and 4 dogs - not a liberal among us including the dogs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One out of 14.
My mother in law.

I really pissed her off at the end of my mealtime prayer when I asked the Lord to help our country defeat Hillary Clinton.

I can just now feel my toes after the wife stomped her high heel into my foot under the table... cry

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
One out of 14.
My mother in law.

I really pissed her off at the end of my mealtime prayer when I asked the Lord to help our country defeat Hillary Clinton.

I can just now feel my toes after the wife stomped her high heel into my foot under the table... cry

God bless you Sal

Tks for takin one to the toes for the team Salmonella

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My wife has an aunt and uncle that are official Obama fart smellers card carring members. They think Obama is the best Christian ever and Regan was the antichrist. I hate being around them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Originally Posted by Dave_S

I don't know about how things work in your neck of the woods, but around here the dog is clearly benefiting from some sort of entitlement program. I guess it's a good thing he doesn't vote...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problem is, when you have far lefts and far rights. and no body with any common sense. Kind of like we have in the gov't right now.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had a Jewish attorney fly all the way from New York City to my house in Seattle, to celebrate Christmas by telling me that another reason for shutting down Walmart is that they sell ammo.

Why put up with liberal BS?

I will put up with liberals to be around my grandkids.

Yes, I will open my door to anti gun, negro worshipping, collectivist liberal relatives and in-laws, if grandkids are coming in that door too.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Zero

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't take a survey but there was a mix of Red, Blue, and I Don't Give a [bleep] present. Everyone had enough sense to know that they were at a Christmas not a political debate so no issues.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Out of about 25 people we had 2 democrats. My mother inlay and her husband. There is a college grad that is a liberal too. He walked away a bit more conservative when my BIL asked Josh if he wants to go out and shoot his new CC 40 cal Smith. Sure, he said. He is about 24 yrs old, never shot guns much but was very happy to do so. He will get a talking to about how Hillary thinks you do not have the mental capacity to shoot or own a gun. My Niece, 15 shot a gun for the first time. She really liked it, enough that I told her she can come by and shot the wives little Ruger SR 22. sometime. She said she will and had fun.

Last edited by ihookem; 12/27/15.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I had a Jewish attorney fly all the way from New York City to my house in Seattle, to celebrate Christmas by telling me that another reason for shutting down Walmart is that they sell ammo.

Why put up with liberal BS?

I will put up with liberals to be around my grandkids.

Yes, I will open my door to anti gun, negro worshipping, collectivist liberal relatives and in-laws, if grandkids are coming in that door too.

Yes, I can completely understand that.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never discussed BUT we know who they are. Typically younger females with student loans.

BTW they could really care less about the issues or global affairs. And their beliefs are really conservative.

Very confusing....so again...not discussed.

Last edited by byc; 12/27/15.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by billrquimby
5 conservatives, age 58 to 79.
5 liberals, age 21 to 32.

We had ZERO, but there were only 3 of us.

Wasn't it Churchill who said something like "If you are under 30 and not a liberal, you have no heart - if you are over 40 and not a conservative, you have no brain." ???

I have found the best approach to larger family gatherings is to never discuss religion or politics PERIOD.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (10Glocks, anothergun, BB3, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 634 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,514
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.