Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Don't kid yourself this executive order is up to the interpretation of the DOJ and Lorretta Lynch.

If you have sold a firearm on Gunbroker,GunsAmerica,GunsInt'l,GunAuction,or Armslist by shipping that firearm with a copy of your DL or person to person....kiss that good-bye. Every transfer of a firearm will be required to go from a individual to his FFL,to the buyers FFL. Thus requiring a NCIS bankground check.

The point of the EO is to leave it up the sole discretion of the DOJ.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...actions-reduce-gun-violence-and-make-our

"A person can be engaged in the business of dealing in firearms regardless of the location in which firearm transactions are conducted. For example, a person can be engaged in the business of dealing in firearms even if the person only conducts firearm transactions at gun shows or through the Internet. Those engaged in the business of dealing in firearms who utilize the Internet or other technologies must obtain a license, just as a dealer whose business is run out of a traditional brick-and-mortar store.
Quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators. There is no specific threshold number of firearms purchased or sold that triggers the licensure requirement. But it is important to note that even a few transactions, when combined with other evidence, can be sufficient to establish that a person is “engaged in the business.” For example, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors also were present.
There are criminal penalties for failing to comply with these requirements. A person who willfully engages in the business of dealing in firearms without the required license is subject to criminal prosecution and can be sentenced up to five years in prison and fined up to $250,000. Dealers are also subject to penalties for failing to conduct background checks before completing a sale."

Also the NFA act was modified....DOJ AG Doc# 3608-2016

http://blog.princelaw.com/2016/01/04/atf-publishes-final-rule-in-relation-to-atf-41p/

The new ruling.....NFA and until it has been finalised as I said it is open ended and open to revision.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100896/download

These [bleep] are not stupid. Lets get real here Obama just shut down everything......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
What they will now try to define is that anyone that advertises a firearm online (like armslist, facebook groups, etc) is now "in the business of selling firearms".

^This.

In the last five years to make some extra scratch I've flipped 50 some odd guns. No longer. It's now illegal to buy and sell for profit without an FFL.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The changes to NFA purchases via 41P are real, and are going to be a PITA for those of us with trusts. Fingerprints, photos, and background checks on everyone in the trust, for every new purchase, before forms can be submitted. Oh yeah, and Chief Law Enforcement Officer from your area must now be notified of your purchase as well. 180 days before it goes into effect. Doesn't sound like nothing changed to me.

I pulled the trigger on another Omega this morning. Wait times on NFA items are going to get stupid long. I bet I won't see it for 12 months. Wait times are already in the 4-6 month range.

Last edited by JTPinTX; 01/05/16.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yesterday we did a little shopping at a local Walmart store. Out of curiosity I checked out the sporting goods department as I usually do just to see if they had any .22lr in stock.

I wasn't too surprised to see that they didn't have have any .22lr but what I was quite surprised to see was there was not a single box of ammo of any kind anywhere in their locked glass ammo display case. I didn't ask why no ammo of any kind as there was no sporting goods department clerk to be seen, either.

No idea if they possibly could have sold it all, or a change in Walmart ammo sales policy, or rearranging, or whatever. That was only the one local store so it may not be the same at other Walmart stores.

I did just now check their website and it showed all the firearms ammo they have listed as, "out of stock".

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RogerD
Kiss gun show sales good-bye unless you sell or buy a C&R

and it effects Ammunition sales too!

26 CFR 178.41: General.
(Also 178.42, 178.50)
Firearms or ammunition may not be sold at gun shows by a licensed dealer, but orders
may be taken under specified conditions; Revenue Ruling 66-265, superseded.
Rev. Rul. 69-59
[Status of ruling: Active; Superseded Rev. Rul. 66-265]
Advice has been requested whether a person who is licensed under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 (which
superseded the Federal Firearms Act (15 U.S.C. Chapter 18)) or who is continuing operations
under a license issued to him under the Federal Firearms Act, as a manufacturer, importer or
dealer in firearms or ammunition may sell firearms or ammunition at a gun show held on
premises other than those covered by his outstanding license.
Under 18 U.S.C. 923(a), “a separate fee” is required to be paid for each place at which business
as a licensee is to be conducted. Further, each applicant for a license is required to have in a
State “premises from which he conducts business” (18 U.S.C. 923(d)(1)(E)) and to specify such
premises in the license application. In addition, records are required to be maintained at the
business premises covered by the license (18 U.S.C. 923(g)).
Therefore, a person holding a valid license may engage in the business covered by the license
only at the specific business premises for which his license has been obtained. Thus, a licensee
may not sell firearms or ammunition at a gun show held on premises other than those covered by
his license. He may, however, have a booth or table at such a gun show at which he displays his
wares and takes orders for them, provided that the sale and delivery of the firearms or
ammunition are to be lawfully effected from his licensed business premises only and his records
properly reflect such transactions.
There are no provisions in the law for the issuance of temporary licenses to cover sales at gun
shows and licenses will be issued only for premises where the applicant regularly intends to
engage in the business to be covered by the license.
This ruling does not apply to the activities of licensed collectors with respect to the receipt or
disposition of curios and relics by such collectors. For provisions relating to transactions by
licensed collectors of curios and relics, see 26 CFR 178.50 of the regulations.
Revenue Ruling 66-265, C.B. 1966-2, 559, is hereby superseded.

Laughin'.

Calm down Roger.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RogerD
Kiss gun show sales good-bye unless you sell or buy a C&R

and it effects Ammunition sales too!

26 CFR 178.41: General.
(Also 178.42, 178.50)
Firearms or ammunition may not be sold at gun shows by a licensed dealer, but orders
may be taken under specified conditions; Revenue Ruling 66-265, superseded.
Rev. Rul. 69-59
[Status of ruling: Active; Superseded Rev. Rul. 66-265]
Advice has been requested whether a person who is licensed under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 (which
superseded the Federal Firearms Act (15 U.S.C. Chapter 18)) or who is continuing operations
under a license issued to him under the Federal Firearms Act, as a manufacturer, importer or
dealer in firearms or ammunition may sell firearms or ammunition at a gun show held on
premises other than those covered by his outstanding license.
Under 18 U.S.C. 923(a), “a separate fee” is required to be paid for each place at which business
as a licensee is to be conducted. Further, each applicant for a license is required to have in a
State “premises from which he conducts business” (18 U.S.C. 923(d)(1)(E)) and to specify such
premises in the license application. In addition, records are required to be maintained at the
business premises covered by the license (18 U.S.C. 923(g)).
Therefore, a person holding a valid license may engage in the business covered by the license
only at the specific business premises for which his license has been obtained. Thus, a licensee
may not sell firearms or ammunition at a gun show held on premises other than those covered by
his license. He may, however, have a booth or table at such a gun show at which he displays his
wares and takes orders for them, provided that the sale and delivery of the firearms or
ammunition are to be lawfully effected from his licensed business premises only and his records
properly reflect such transactions.
There are no provisions in the law for the issuance of temporary licenses to cover sales at gun
shows and licenses will be issued only for premises where the applicant regularly intends to
engage in the business to be covered by the license.
This ruling does not apply to the activities of licensed collectors with respect to the receipt or
disposition of curios and relics by such collectors. For provisions relating to transactions by
licensed collectors of curios and relics, see 26 CFR 178.50 of the regulations.
Revenue Ruling 66-265, C.B. 1966-2, 559, is hereby superseded.

Laughin'.

Calm down Roger.

Travis

What me emotional....

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Everything he proposed is bloviage and or redundancy.

However one thing is what he laser focused on, suitability.

The big thing he wants is a "moderation" of the HIPPA Laws in this country where your medical record can be viewed to see if you are "suitable" to own a gun.

Mental health is the way that antis see as a vehicle to deny gun rights.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
During a public address from the White House on Tuesday, President Barack Obama laid out a comprehensive plan to enact tighter gun control laws in the U.S. Core to the debate of gun control is the second amendment, which the president evoked more than once during his speech.

"I believe in the second amendment, that guarantees a right to bear arms," Obama said in the televised address. "I believe that we can find ways to reduce gun violence consistent with the second amendment." He continued by reminding his audience that as a former teacher of constitutional law, he knows "a thing or two" about it. Beyond that, Obama said he believes in and is fighting for "ways to reduce gun violence consistent with the second amendment."

Piece of crap liar.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The unintended consequence is that people that need to be seen and treated for depression for example, will not jeopardize their 2A rights to get medical treatment.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NRA and Wayne on Bret Baier at 6 today.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What are you talking about I'm fine fine fine fine bllllrrrrrrrbbbb

LOL
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,320
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.