P
Good Guys will always be missed !
ADios

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We are diminished. Dr. Howell was the consummate gentleman, even when he was chewing you out for doing/saying something he considered highly objectionable. I shared PMs with him over the last decade. I also have a lot of his Emails he sent during the latter years. I'll miss him. My condolences to his family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RIP Ken.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
RIP
He will be Missed by many

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
RIP Mr Howell. Condolences to his family and close friends.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Sorry to hear that, but I am pretty sure Ken was ready and had been. Just waiting on that call.

I'm saddened but very happy at the same time.

Sorry for the loss, condolences to the family and friends and will keep them all in our thoughts and prayers.

fwiw,
Concur...

I did not know the man's heart, however, that had seemed to be just under the surface for the last few years he was on here. He seemed beyond disgusted he could do no more than he was physically able. Trapped in his own body so to speak.

I am glad he is free as well. That said I hate to see ANYONE go to burn injuries. That is just plain a bad way to go ready or not...

God Speed Dr. Howell...

Regards, Matt Garrett.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had the honor of spending a weekend around a campfire with him at Campfire fishing get together. He will be missed.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GF1
Honesty, candor, credibility, curiosity, humility all come to mind when I think of Ken Howell. I will miss him.

RIP
And there you have it. Was fortunate to share a PM or two and a cople e-mails, as well. A fine man indeed.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RIP Ken Howell.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
yellahamma, did you happen to visit Ken a couple of years ago while you were traveling back home?

I met a cousin of his at Ken's house. Good folks, just like Ken.

Ken was not only a great writer, ballistician, theologian, geologist, timber cruiser, and all around scholar, he was a consummate editor who helped a lot of aspiring writers get their stories straight. grin

I will most certainly miss him and our talks.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP Mr. Howell.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had the opportunity to have a few PM's with him. He seemed like a knowledgeable and nice man. I was hoping to be able to meet him sometime. RIP Dr. Howell.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image]
My wife and I with Ken, a couple of years ago. He had a wicked sense of humor, and had my wife in stitches. My condolences, I am saddened by his passing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is a rare and special treat to encounter someone of Dr. Howell's caliber. When he was able to impart wisdom, the recipient was given the opportunity to learn from one who was truly an intellectual giant. He could admonish without hostility, teach without condescension, and joke without profanity.

We will not soon see his like again.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I add my condolences to his family and friends, I will miss his infrequent posts,of late,
that were always said with consideration and insight. His loss is a deep one for all who knew him or his writings. I feel fortunate to have had some years of his advice and knowledge.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
To his family my thoughts and prayers. Ken was a very good source of written material that passed the time and made the reader think on the subject in the text.
Gone too soon.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A scholar and gentleman, he knew the art of conversation, communicating in simple term so that we not so knowledgeable could learn from his wisdom. I never saw him post once in anger. Something we could all learn from.

God bless Ken and family.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sad to hear of his death.

I hope his collection of papers from Powley finds a good home.

Karl

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 66 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.