Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Anyone ever get a Geissele with too heavy of a pull? Got a weird SSA-E breaking at 5lbs. Basically the same as the RRA 2-stage I removed from the lower. It should be more like 3.5lbs. Waiting to hear back from support.

You need to call it. I can't call it for you.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you sure its installed correctly? I've had about 5 Geissele's, never a problem with them. I guess it always possible for a lemon to slip out the door though. Luckily you went with Geissele, they will make it right whatever the problem is.

Last edited by wareagle700; 01/05/16.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
As far as I can tell. Everything moves freely and lines up nice. The actual trigger other than the pull weight works great. The 1st stage weight seems dead on. I think it just came with either the wrong disconnect spring or one out of spec.

I did end up trimming that spring and the weight came down. Now though there isn't a "flat" on the spring at the top to ride on. Probably just see if I can get another spring sent to me or I'll happily buy one at this point.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've had 5 G2S's and they all hit 5 lbs. I change the trigger spring and lose a pound and a half. I kind of thought my cheap gauge was off but I do like the triggers after I get them around 3.5 lbs.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
So I ended up putting the RRA trigger spring in along with the trimmed disconnect spring. Breaks pretty good at about 3.25lbs or so. I am happy with that for now. I'll probably order a spring kit from Geissele just to see if I really did get an out of spec stock one.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am interested in what brand lower that you have? I have thought now for a while that the dimensional tolerances of the various lowers are great enough to allow some differences in trigger performance, ie if the holes are a few thou farther apart does the trigger release easier as there is less engagement and if they are a few thou closer together if it is a harder trigger pull etc. etc.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have a Colt, Charles Daly and 2 Noveske's with G2S's in them and they've all hit 5 lbs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought they were adjustable.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
In the end if Bills group doesn't answer the questions or make this right, I"d sure like to know. PM me if you would and I"ll get on the phone and find Bill.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarryC
I thought they were adjustable.

Not all of them.

If OP would give Geissele a chance, they will take care of him.

Last edited by wareagle700; 01/05/16.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am interested in what brand lower that you have? I have thought now for a while that the dimensional tolerances of the various lowers are great enough to allow some differences in trigger performance, ie if the holes are a few thou farther apart does the trigger release easier as there is less engagement and if they are a few thou closer together if it is a harder trigger pull etc. etc.

It is a Del-Ton. Seems flawless but I am not that knowledgeable in the matter. All my uppers fit it great.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
They are shipping me a spring kit. I'll test it out with the replacement springs when I get them and post the results. The disconnect spring is really the only one in question in my eyes.

Either way I am totally happy with the trigger as is with the trimmed disconnect spring. I banged it, dropped it, slammed it all around last night trying to cause it to fire but I couldn't so I don't think I created any kind of safety issue modifying the spring.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I would be ticked. I like wareagle700 have 6 of the SSA-E & never a major problem, great triggers. I'd like to comment on jimmyp's thoughts. Most of my 2nd stage breaks are right at 1.2# but I put one in an Armalite receiver that the 2nd stage upped to 1.6#. That same trigger in my Rock River varmint breaks 2nd stage at 1.1#. I think that jimmyp has the correct thoughts about different receivers. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

"POWDER RIVER AND LET 'ER BUCK"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Are you sure its installed correctly?

That's what I'm wondering. Can you post a pic of the springs when you get them all installed?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
So after a couple hundred dry firings, cleaning and re-lubing, the weight looks to be about 4.5lbs with a fresh spring kit. More than it is supposed to be (3.5lbs) but not bad.

It later dawned on me that I had built two lowers. Kept one for myself and gave the other to Dad. It has been a couple years but we talked about the trigger being slightly better on his. Both Del-Ton lowers bought at the same time and both with RRA 2-stage. It is all starting to make sense. So to prove the theory I put the said trigger in my RRA LAR-8 and it instantly dropped to 4lbs. Basically about a half pound change by just putting it in a different lower. Still a little heavy but within the allowable range.

So there you have it, just an unfavorable stacking of tolerances. I installed a full replacement trigger and now it breaks nicely at about 3.8lbs. Geissele customer service is second to none! I would be pretty hard pressed to ever buy another brand for an investment build. I will be going with the Hi Speed National Match next time though.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have noticed the same problem, I can buy 2 new lowers and install the same LPKs and Triggers and have two totally different filling Triggers....I started using drop in triggers in my rifles and problem solved.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The drop in triggers have the hammer and sear hole spacing fixed in them, right?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, how do they fit in the various lowers? If hole spacing in the lowers isn't consistent. Or is it?

Trying to wrap my brain around this and figure out what causes the pulls to be different.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
on sloppy pin holes with a Jewel and a Milazzo, the trigger pull would vary shot to shot. Simply due to all the slop and not true pins/pin holes etc...

For a drop in, everything is fixed in place, RE the sear etc... but enough slop to allow the fixed unit to be pinned in.... at least thats my guess.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.