Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
here is another product introduction:

inland manufacturing
inspired by modified m1 carbines used during the vietnam war, the advisor m1 handgun is a chopped m1 carbine shortened to 21inches. The advisor uses a wood grip and stock, original style military flash hider and 12inch barrel. It comes with one 15round magazine but is compatible with 10 and 30 round magazines. the muzzle is threaded for use with a can.
msrp $1239
Hmmmm, let me think, oh yeah, it used to be called a defender.
oh wait, a WWII carbine also with a folding stock comes to mind too.

this thing reminds me of a deceased friend, navy vet of vietnam vintage. He found a carbine in a stream, took it to a armorer who cleaned it up, installed the magic parts to make it select fire, cut the stock behind the pistol grip installing a hole for a leather thong. Dave wore it slung around his neck, called it his whorehouse gun for visiting certain establishments in vietnam.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/12/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Hmmmm, let me think, oh yeah, it used to be called a defender.

The Enforcer

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tmitch - Man, does this video bring back memories. The Universal action, mfg'd/assembled (can't recall which), in Hialeah Florida with the "Enforcer" pre-dating the Tech 9 by several decades. Unless you had a mil-surp M1 the Universal M1 was the only game in town. Saw a lot of them paired up with Ruger BH's too many years to count ago. Homesteader

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd be happy to just find a reasonable deal on a standard M1 carbine or functional copy thereof.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P_Weed - where ever did they come up with that flash hider on the "Advisor"? Neat looking and not nearly as bulky as the foreign varieties that use the wing nut attachments. Homesteader

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For when Tacticool needs to be Retro.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
got that one confused, not the defender, an old man's memory.
I just got an email from a guy wanting me to find/locate some carbine ammo for him. Good luck.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
To echo Saint Elmer, "What the Hell is it good for?" He was referencing the new 8mm Rem. Mag. at the time, but he didn't tolerate stupid things very well.

I don't see the purpose of "pistolized" carbines or ARs, for that matter. They were designed and meant to be used with buttstocks, and make damned poor pistols.

HANDguns should be HANDY, dammit!

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
try a paratrooper folder with two 30round mags. Easy shooting and a lot of firepower.
better yet with the m2switch on a registered carbine.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
at one time you could buy the m2registered parts kit for aroun 1500dollars.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just got an email from a guy wanting me to find/locate some carbine ammo for him. Good luck.

around here, it's fairly common to find. The various mail order firms also have it. Natchez carries it, for example.
I have a 'stash' tucked away, probably close to 3K rounds. About half and half FMJ and SP.

My folder is an Inland. It has good provenance, my Son bought it from my Brother in Law, ex Army, ex FBI. He says it's the real deal. It was used in Viet Nam.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's a nice one Sam. I remember buying two standard carbines for around $150 back in the 90's. I found a couple of clips for them the other day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

around here, it's fairly common to find. The various mail order firms also have it. Natchez carries it, for example.
I have a 'stash' tucked away, probably close to 3K rounds. About half and half FMJ and SP.

My folder is an Inland. It has good provenance, my Son bought it from my Brother in Law, ex Army, ex FBI. He says it's the real deal. It was used in Viet Nam.
[Linked Image]

It depends on what you call "the real deal".

The M1A1 was made only during WWII, and that is not an original WWII M1A1. But like most carbines, that one has seen an arsenal upgrade which happened after WWII.

But here's the thing. When someone says they have an "all original" M1 Carbine in any configuration, what they have is a Carbine where they have located all the original parts and have re-assembled it to original condition. I've seen a grand total of two truly original M1 carbines, both were in the original wax paper. Anything else is suspect since the military upgrade damn near every last M1 carbine.

Regardless that's a very sweet Carbine you have there, and I'll bet it's a lot of fun to shoot.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Rat..,

Here's my take on "What's it good for?"

I travel a lot and like everyone on this forum always have my SAG ([bleep] And Get) BAG. Usual stuff, pistol, mags,flashlights, etc. With these heavily armed mass shooters I'm beginning to think maybe I'm armed too lightly. However, taking a long gun case into an upscale condo is gonna cause way too much attention.

So this thing may be answer.Short enuff to fit in an inconspicuous travel bag ,more powerful than most handguns, 30rds
Vs 19. I already have carbine so I've got plenty of mags, ammo, etc. No they aren't as accurate as the parent rifle but are at least as accurate as most handguns. Ideal for home defense? Nope. But a good substitute standard for travel? I think so.

O

Too old to suffer fools
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
[

The M1A1 was made only during WWII, and that is not an original WWII M1A1. But like most carbines, that one has seen an arsenal upgrade which happened after WWII.

But here's the thing. When someone says they have an "all original" M1 Carbine in any configuration, what they have is a Carbine where they have located all the original parts and have re-assembled it to original condition. I've seen a grand total of two truly original M1 carbines, both were in the original wax paper. Anything else is suspect since the military upgrade damn near every last M1 carbine.

Regardless that's a very sweet Carbine you have there, and I'll bet it's a lot of fun to shoot.

GFY Kevin, and thanks for the compliment on the carbine. smile

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Outcast
Rat..,

Here's my take on "What's it good for?"

I travel a lot and like everyone on this forum always have my SAG ([bleep] And Get) BAG. Usual stuff, pistol, mags,flashlights, etc. With these heavily armed mass shooters I'm beginning to think maybe I'm armed too lightly. However, taking a long gun case into an upscale condo is gonna cause way too much attention.

So this thing may be answer.Short enuff to fit in an inconspicuous travel bag ,more powerful than most handguns, 30rds
Vs 19. I already have carbine so I've got plenty of mags, ammo, etc. No they aren't as accurate as the parent rifle but are at least as accurate as most handguns. Ideal for home defense? Nope. But a good substitute standard for travel? I think so.

O

So a couple of things...

1 - 30 round M1 carbine magazine suck; cut your reliability in half.
2 - That Carbine Pistol (used to be called the Enforcer) has no stock; worthless.
3 - Why do you think under-folding AK's even exist?

Underfolder AK's are generally not something people want, but they do have their purpose. It's about as compact for both length and width as you can get without going SBR, or doing a worthless rifle/pistol. They're utterly reliable, and 30 rounds of 7.62x39 with a couple of spare mags is a whole lot of hurt.

Twice when I was doing bodyguard work out of the US I turned to an underfolder AK that I put in a remarkably small duffel bag with a couple of extra magazines.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

[Linked Image]

the paratrooper was made towards the end of WWII but the military kept upgrading carbines all through WWII with various revisions. I can't see the picture well enough to see detail such as the rivets on the leather/stock bu tend to doubt original.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 41 invisible), 1,817 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,412
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.