Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Candy, coins, jewelry, donation seekers, cheap knives......

Next [bleep] that zaps one of those tasers when I walk by his booth is getting punched in the [bleep] throat. Nine bucks and 60 min. of my life I'll never get back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder if any gun show will ever be the same after obamas executive BS.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I wonder if any gun show will ever be the same after obamas executive BS.

That was most certainly his intent.

Don't know how much of a difference it'll make though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Next [bleep] that zaps one of those tasers when I walk by his booth is getting punched in the [bleep] throat. Nine bucks and 60 min. of my life I'll never get back.

I said the same a decade ago for the same reasons.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was most certainly his intent.

We're reconsidering our annual trip to tulsa, as I don't think the collectors will be there like they were. I also can't see investing in something we will lose if a democrat is elected.

MOLON LABE

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Salem today I'm betting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The gunshows in WA state were great with 10,000 people showing up.
I would post pics of guns I got with the price.
I would get reactions like, "I hate you. There are no deals like that in MY state."

Of course there are deals to be made everywhere. It is like going fishing in a big lake. Most guys will get skunked, but there is some guy who can catch a boatload.

Now WA state requires background checks and I have not been to a gun show in 14 months.

My brother in MT talks about gun shows where there are less than 100 guns for sale. More of a local social event.

[Linked Image]

This Mauser cost me $180. The bore is not good, but it shoots.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it looks like a democrat will be elected, do you figure gun prices to go up or down?

Once a democrat is elected, will prices go up or down?

Will collector grade guns be worth more or less than newer stuff?

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well gun shows in our area have been just junk shows for a while, so I don't see much of a change, everyone is walking around with junk and a lot of money on it, I have not seen a lot of buying, or wanting to trade and if you have a good gun they don't want to give you anything for it, just my 2 cents.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Good afternoon, Sir! Have you ever had a Grill'd Per'fect hamburger?"

[Linked Image]

The bane of all gun shows......

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The promoters are the ones to blame, not requiring the vendors wares to be gun related. Some don't care, money is money no matter if you're selling guns & ammo or cookware and cheap knives. With table rent being what it is I can't see how some of the junk merchants are making any money. Some gun shows are starting to look more like flea markets and attract that kind of crowd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm

[Linked Image]

This Mauser cost me $180. The bore is not good, but it shoots.

At a DFW gun show it would be $5,000 and come with a "provenance" to prove that it once belonged to one of Hitler's generals.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yeah it's been that way for decades up here. Junk shows.

Last time I took a rifle I wanted to sell, slung it over my shoulder w/ Dowel down the tube & banner advertising reasonable asking price. Nothing. Need swastika patches, "memerobelia", to sell apparently?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey gun show vendors have ta eat ya know. grin

Gun shows can be good for odd ammo or brass, bullets, weird gun related stuff. Sometimes an old timer will show up and sell off his collection of reloading supplies, or like me a few weeks ago I helped a friend sell off his guns and ammo because he's got cancer. You just never know. I can always find something.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went to the Rochester, MN show today (first time). Show was fair, some decent buys on ammo.

Actually saw several very nice knives. Don't know a whole lot about knives, but recognized some names that Vince sells on here. Saw a nice little set of bird/trout knives with a nice sheath for 220.00. Wasn't sure if that was a deal or not, but I was tempted.

Few fair buys on some various guns if they were what someone wanted. Lots of over priced stuff and the AR stuff was priced fair as well.

Overall, can't complain about the 5 bucks I spent.

Brookings, SD is my favorite show and Watertown, SD isn't terrible but the space is tight. Sioux Falls, SD I won't waste my time. Way to crowded and over priced.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was considering going to Rochester to find a butt plate for a restoration I'm doing.
Decided not to.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
IMHO, two things have ruined gunshows. First is besides all the non gun related junk, is the outrageous prices that people think are reasonable for run of the mill well used firearms. These people are stupid or think the buyers are. Second, is the internet. You can buy virtually anything you want from gunbroker and similar=r sites.
I go to 6-8 gunshows a year and cant remember the last time I bought anything except the occasional small lot of bress or other small lots of reloading components.
Not sure why I keep going.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm not paying $8 to park, and another $15 to get into the local shows. Not when I can go to the excellent local gunshops, or take a two-hour drive to Whittaker's or Bud's (other direction) or to Kentucky Gun Co, or Knob Creek, which is only 20 minutes away.

I used to go to the shows, to buy powder, primers, etc. that I couldn't find locally. When those supplies dried up, there was no point in going to the shows. I can buy used guns at pawnshops, or buy used guns at a gunshow for "new gun" prices, eff that, or just go buy a new gun at one of those shops mentioned, and pay no parking or entry fees, either.

Gun shows have lost their appeal to me, due to my location amongst all those great shops, and because of the fees involved. Why friggin' bother?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I quit going to them. Junk for a new price and a entry fee. No thanks.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
C
C
Sioux Falls show in March is the better one. Not as crowded as February and some high quality stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2500HD, 160user, 10Glocks, 37 invisible), 1,930 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,489
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.