Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10871780 01/16/16
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
My ecaller took a dump. Was a pos Johnny Stewart wireless. I'm gonna buy a fox pro cause I want American made and I hear their customer service is great. Which one is the best bang for the buck? I mostly hunt crows but also coyotes on occasion.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just got the latest and greatest Fox Pro for Christmas. Can't remember the model, cause it's at the Ranch. Great unit, though. I think it was around $400.
All my hunting buddies that have them swear by them. Going to try it out for Mountain Lion, this week, when I head back to the Ranch.
I'll report back on the new model, and how it works, when I have time.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks bro.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Cant go wrong with the Foxpro Fusion, Shockwave or CS24C. Any unit with the TX1000 remote is top of the line. I have a Fusion with an extra speaker in case I want more volume, but have never needed it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't go wrong with a FoxPro. I have an old 416b bought about 10 years ago. Don't remember just when but it has been going strong ever since. Have been thinking about the new Banshee, which fits my budget.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Just got the latest and greatest Fox Pro for Christmas. Can't remember the model, cause it's at the Ranch. Great unit, though. I think it was around $400.
All my hunting buddies that have them swear by them. Going to try it out for Mountain Lion, this week, when I head back to the Ranch.
I'll report back on the new model, and how it works, when I have time.

The latest and greatest from FoxPro cost $600-$700. As stated, they come with the 1000 model remote. You might have the latest but it is not the greatest

The Fusion is the cheapest of the high-end FoxPros and it is a good unit. The cheaper ones with the lesser remotes are probably fine for guys who can still hear! wink

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Foxpro's customer service is excellent. Of their current models, the Fusion is an excellent caller with a great remote and compact size for run-and-gun hunting. I use it for crows, fox, and coyote. You can add an auxiliary speaker if need more volume but I've need seen the need to here in Pa.

Last edited by basdjs; 01/24/16.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
PM Sent

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ky221: since you seem to like things to try and do that others don't indulge in much, give your Foxpro a go on raccoons....it calls them in and its kind of a hoot!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ingwe; 01/24/16.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fusion

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also have the fusion, it's everything I ask of a caller

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Ingwe, What sound do you use. Tennessee is eat the hell up with coons, bandits in the east and a different kind in the west. There's a season on eastern coons.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks gentlemen, I'm kinda leaning toward the fusion. The cheapest top of the line makes it appealing to me.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Yo ingwe

We've done it a time or two. Find active den trees, and man coon fight, really gets them all bristled up.

When that don't work coon puppies can seal the deal

What cha shootin there

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That was a .223AI...we had coons coming to the distress calls we used for fox....lots of them. I only shot them after about 10-12 minutes when it appeared no foxes were showing up.

Ive seen them come to the coon fight on film, but never done it myself....crap I killed six of them that night I took that pic, and let easily that many more go...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seal, If you order you call directly from Foxpro, you can select the sounds you want from their call list. Buy at a box store and you'll get a standard package with some sounds you don't need. They have some free sounds they'd probably load in addition. Call them directly for help. Great people to deal with!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is a cool pic........

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AggieDog
That is a cool pic........

Thanks! Heres a prettier one....first stand, same night grin

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by basdjs
Seal, If you order you call directly from Foxpro, you can select the sounds you want from their call list. Buy at a box store and you'll get a standard package with some sounds you don't need. They have some free sounds they'd probably load in addition. Call them directly for help. Great people to deal with!

I ordered mine from Andy at Allpredatorcalls (dot) com.

The have a spot where you input your 100 sounds that you want. I ordered it on a wednesday and had it on Friday. Great place to deal with. They sent me a free tail stripper/coyote drag too.

Never called a coon in!

NRA Benefactor Member

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

The latest and greatest from FoxPro cost $600-$700. As stated, they come with the 1000 model remote. You might have the latest but it is not the greatest

Lol, surely you mean latest??? Just because it cost more money doesn't mean it's the greatest. I've killed more coyotes, fox, bobcat's and coons with a Foxpro FX3 than most people have even seen. I currently own every Foxpro caller Foxpro has ever made but none of my electronic callers including my FX5, CS 24, Fusion and my Shockwave all combined has seen the success that my FX3 has had and my FX3 hasn't definitely seen the success my handcalls have had and I might have $5 in them because I make my own... Cost has nothing to do with it...Location, setup and prowess is the key to being a successful Predator hunter...

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
"Latest and greatest" can mean what ever you want.

NRA Benefactor Member

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
What is the greatest?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Only you can decide that. Like trying to tell a person what their favorite color is.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
"Latest and greatest" can mean what ever you want.

You clearly stated that a $600 to $700 Foxpro was the greatest and I'm telling you that is just simply bullshit as far as where fur is concerned and that's what really counts... Not the bragging rights of having an expensive E-call...

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 3,244 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.