Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had always wanted a Colt until I got one....I kept it about 5 Days!! I just could not get over the crappy Machining...The worst I have ever seen on a AR it looked like the parts where beat with a hammer before the Anodizing was applied and the mag well looked like it was cut with a grinder...I am pretty sure it would function perfect Though...It is pretty bad when 40 dollar uppers and lowers from Anderson have better machining.. The good news I didn't lose a penny on the deal. crazy

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 01/13/16.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
I had always wanted a Colt until I got one....I kept it about 5 Days!! I just could not get over the crappy Machining...The worst I have ever seen on a AR it looked like the parts where beat with a hammer before the Anodizing was applied and the mag well looked like it was cut with a grinder...I am pretty sure it would function perfect Though...It is pretty bad when 40 dollar uppers and lowers from Anderson have better machining.. The good news I didn't lose a penny on the deal. crazy

I have 6 currently and 3 others I've owned and sold and never seen anything like that or heard of any like that. For the money, I don't think you can beat them for a hard use utility rifle.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Google it...Apparently I am not the only one that got a rough looking Colt....I will buy another one someday...If I can find one with nice machining....I prefer to beat up my own rifles!!!!! crazy

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I picked up a triple while they were on sale. I did get one dud from Georgia Gun that the upper receiver was already scratched up. I refused it and sent it back. The owner was acting kinda pissy about it, but saw and did the right thing in the end. I think he just really couldn't believe I was actually sending it back, while they were selling like hotcakes.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan

I have 6 currently and 3 others I've owned and sold and never seen anything like that or heard of any like that. For the money, I don't think you can beat them for a hard use utility rifle.

That surprises me too. Honest to goodness, there was a time when I could tell a Colt from 20 feet just by the finish. They were that much better looking than everything thing else.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Mine looks great.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine also is one of the best finished and fitting AR's I have. So far I have shot 2 mags through it, cleaned it, and put it away.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Tightest fit, best finish I've seen are on today's Colts.

And of course they work.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I looked at a 6721 yesterday. It had a very nice finish, I must have got a Monday or Friday built 6920. I am going to pick the 6721 up this afternoon.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My 10 year old Colts are still the cat's ass, as far as I'm concerned. Didn't see anything with the new ones I bought recently to make me think otherwise, either.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by TWR
Tightest fit, best finish I've seen are on today's Colts.

And of course they work.

Agreed. The Colt rifles I owned in the mid-90s weren't nearly as nice as my current Colt rifles.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
what do you consider "loose" upper to lower fit? If it moves a tad or if it rattles?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice knife..... laugh

How the hell can you beat that for under $20.00!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,907
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.