-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used 13mm Leupold rings for mounting a 3-9EFR on a 453. Worked very well. The EFR had plenty of magnification and was compact enough not to overpower the little rifle. A 4x is enough for most squirrel shooting, but a little more is helpful at 50 yards and beyond.

CZ dovetail sizes are all over the place. Best to measure your rifle to be sure. When I used to hang out on RFC, it seemed that some of the boys liked to put as much crap between the receiver and scope as possible, but I think simple is better, and looks better too.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/16/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

I got this 1934 Winchester model 52 last month in a pawn shop for $650. It had been there a while. I did not dicker them down, as Obama was on TV that week bitching about guns, Islam was on the march in CA, and there were lines for the cash register and background check.

It has a G.Titherington barrel, a Wright-Allen trigger, and a Weitek Vaver rear sight. It is a hefty 13.5 lb.

You could go to pawn shops and look at 80 year old guns.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
WOW - a Vaver sight!! Never thought I'd ever see one of those again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No use in you buying another lottery ticket, ever. Your luck is used up.

Very nice.

Wonder what the story is behind the star?

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very cool rig. I wouldn't trade my 1935-vintage Pre-A for anything- and it doesn't have the goodies that one has, and I paid a bit more than that for it. (It's bog stock, standard weight nickel steel barrel, with a Lyman 48/globe front and a 10x Fecker, and will group 5 into 3/8"@50 yards, premo ammo, with enough 1/4" groups to make me smile a lot.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Early Belgian Browning T Bolts shoot pretty good too and can sometimes be found under $500.

Caution about salt wood though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a brand new CZ 452 Lux last year. I haven't shot it as much as I want to, but it's comfortable and seems to shoot well. I want to do a trigger job on it, but ordering parts out of the US is a pain for us it seems.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SamSteele
I bought a brand new CZ 452 Lux last year. I haven't shot it as much as I want to, but it's comfortable and seems to shoot well. I want to do a trigger job on it, but ordering parts out of the US is a pain for us it seems.

SS

Sam, have you looked in the CZ forum at rimfirecentral? There is a poor man's trigger job and info about the Yo-Dave kit. The Yo-Dave is $20 and the poor man's used feeler gauges and epoxy. I did the Yo-Dave and was very pleased. My 452 Lux now has a trigger about 2 lbs and very close in feel to my Anschutz trigger.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okay, so what did Solheim (OP) end up buying? wink

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
S
Solheim Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I'm thinking ruger american

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

SS

Sam, have you looked in the CZ forum at rimfirecentral? There is a poor man's trigger job and info about the Yo-Dave kit. The Yo-Dave is $20 and the poor man's used feeler gauges and epoxy. I did the Yo-Dave and was very pleased. My 452 Lux now has a trigger about 2 lbs and very close in feel to my Anschutz trigger.

Even the Yo-Dave kit is tough to get across the border. US Customs stops anything firearms related it seems. Odd that Canada had no issue with the importation, its the export that's the problem.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Solheim
Fer gosh durn sakes ... will you just TRY the Zastava you're stealing from Cabelas?

S
Solheim Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
That will be the first one on the list...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would get a CZ 455 and enjoy it. If you need uber later, then pop on a Lilja barrel.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
Originally Posted by Solheim
Fer gosh durn sakes ... will you just TRY the Zastava you're stealing from Cabelas?

Those Zastava's shoot and look pretty darn good, so does that Rem model 5.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've not been impressed at all in the looks of the Zastava's I've handled. I do hear they shoot good but fit and finish is bottom of the barrel.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

SS

Even the Yo-Dave kit is tough to get across the border. US Customs stops anything firearms related it seems. Odd that Canada had no issue with the importation, its the export that's the problem.

SS

My Yo-Dave trigger kit came from Dave Diana, PO Box752, Coombs, BC VOR 1MO.

Last edited by ruffcutt; 01/23/16.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cruise the pawn shops. A couple of years ago, I picked up a really nice Remington 511 (same gun as the Junior target except a sporter stock and no Redfield receiver sight) for $40 + tax. Seems as everyone wanted semi-autos and high capacity. It shoots lights out with glass and I'm going to put a receiver sight on it for Granddaughter to use in 4H.

Best,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've not been impressed at all in the looks of the Zastava's I've handled. I do hear they shoot good but fit and finish is bottom of the barrel.

the bluing on mine is highly polished and deep blue. but this is the remington No5,

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

the bluing on mine is highly polished and deep blue. but this is the remington No5,

The bluing has been the best part of the ones I've seen. Our local GS has a few of them. I wanted to get one because of their accuracy reputation but couldn't stoop to it when I saw them. The stocks look like they were made by 6 year olds and the inletting and checkering by retarded 6 year olds. The mags were floppy and poorly fitted and the safety was amateurish at best.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 01/25/16.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 160user, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,194 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,747
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.