T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Natchez has the VX3-I also.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was looking at the ER on the 3.5-10 x 40....Eye Relief: 3.5x-4.4"; 10x-3.6". I thought JB said they corrected this ? I like the larger power selector.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's hope, VX3I is a good scope.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Otherwise we won't hear the end of it........

Gerry.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Just got my VX3I 4.5 x 14 30 mm with side focus from Midway today. Looks pretty good and the power ring is certainly easier to turn. After mounting it the eye relief and eye box seem good although not as good as the VX-6 which at about half the price is to be expected. I'll be doing some shooting with it tomorrow.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by hidalgo
Just got my VX3I 4.5 x 14 30 mm with side focus from Midway today. Looks pretty good and the power ring is certainly easier to turn. After mounting it the eye relief and eye box seem good although not as good as the VX-6 which at about half the price is to be expected. I'll be doing some shooting with it tomorrow.

So....let's hear how it performs! I need to know whether to sell my new in the box VX3 and buy the VX3i wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if the question has been asked, but how did Leupold make them cheaper ? What's missing ?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They got the flux capacitor to run on garbage instead of 1.21 gigawatts

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I don't know if the question has been asked, but how did Leupold make them cheaper ? What's missing ?

Could it be instead of using real diamonds they went to diamondique?? laugh

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
They cut down on the number of different scopes being made, which allows them to cut cost.

So, think of it as the older VX-3's were being sold at a premium because of all the different models/finishes available. So, it looks like a price cut, when in reality, is in line with where the prices should have been before.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I still laugh at that one.......

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I still laugh at that one.......

I remember wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leupold counts on that level of intellect to sell "new" scopes. This years VX-3 is next years "new" VX2.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Leupold scope threads always deliver the goods around here don't they? They are always entertaining. I bet Leupy shakes their heads in amazement, wondering how they generate $100M annually by being a bunch of dumbasses.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

You can't use a flux capacitor in that service. It takes a Methanopopinometer wired in AB-2 grounded grid.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Leupold trashing is a Fire art form, morphing into a cult of sorts.

I like my Leupolds, getting more.

Voting with my dollars...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All in good fun JG. Like I said not to long ago, they are the standard which all others are judged against. And yes, I meant that truthfully.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'll have another mounted up this week also

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I've not had issue with a Leupold scope to date. I've used lots of them and still use a couple few.

I simply do not believe they improved the new line and dropped the price by limiting options. They might be the best ever or the worst but come on upgraded the product and reduced the price...?

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Leupold scope threads always deliver the goods around here don't they? They are always entertaining. I bet Leupy shakes their heads in amazement, wondering how they generate $100M annually by being a bunch of dumbasses.

Don't put me in the hater category. Leupold is about all I use and will buy more.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I've not had issue with a Leupold scope to date. I've used lots of them and still use a couple few.

I simply do not believe they improved the new line and dropped the price by limiting options. They might be the best ever or the worst but come on upgraded the product and reduced the price...?

Well, Swarovksi did the same thing a couple of years ago when the re-imaged the SLC HD. It got different armoring, and cheaper by a couple hundred $$$$, and remains one of the finest hunting binoculars on the planet. Funny how nobody questioned that move, probably because it had Swarovksi and a silver hawk on it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I like Leupold. No reason to change.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Well, Swarovksi did the same thing a couple of years ago when the re-imaged the SLC HD. It got different armoring, and cheaper by a couple hundred $$$$, and remains one of the finest hunting binoculars on the planet. Funny how nobody questioned that move, probably because it had Swarovksi and a silver hawk on it.

Funny how people get so butt hurt about a scope. I don't care what brand it is I don't see anyone making upgrades and lowering costs. I like Leupold and Swarovski both but don't care what others think of them

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have a bunch of leupold scopes myself sure I will buy more

Tater
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I'm a Leupold whore so I figured what the heck, I got a new T3 Superlite .300 Win from Cabelas that needs a scope so I just ordered a VX3i 3.5-10x40 from Midway, I do like the looks of the new power ring and for $399 shipped I think they will be an outstanding value.........Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep, that's the word I got.

I really don't need a scope. Yet, I have been thinking about buying one, 3.5-10X40 CDS just for fun.
Wondering? Has anyone seen one of their scope (Leupold) with 'windplex'
If so, what are your thought.

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

I really don't need a scope. Yet, I have been thinking about buying one, 3.5-10X40 CDS just for fun.

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

I have a 2-7X33 with the "Windplex", and I really haven't decided whether I like it or a plain duplex better.

I can see where it would help holding into the wind, you would have definite reference points instead of guessing or taking time to twist another turret.

It's not so prominent as displayed in their advertisements, so the target is not obscured excessively so.

I'll say I don't dislike it and I'm going to keep an open mind while I adapt to it. If I end up not liking it, I'll just have it changed....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Another polished turd from leupOLD.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

I have a 2-7X33 with the "Windplex", and I really haven't decided whether I like it or a plain duplex better.

I can see where it would help holding into the wind, you would have definite reference points instead of guessing or taking time to twist another turret.

It's not so prominent as displayed in their advertisements, so the target is not obscured excessively so.

I'll say I don't dislike it and I'm going to keep an open mind while I adapt to it. If I end up not liking it, I'll just have it changed....

Thanks Vic

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

[Linked Image]

Loose dial screw? What puked and what was replaced? Same old "replaced erector assembly" story?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore

[Linked Image]

Loose dial screw? What puked and what was replaced? Same old "replaced erector assembly" story?

Looks like a mount issue to me. Did you figure out the problem?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I'm wondering the same thing...... smile

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Wow! Those are some beautiful Mulies Raider......Congrats!........Hb

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
[quote=bsa1917hunter]What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

Nothing at all wrong with the VX3 scopes, just like there was nothing wrong with the Vari-X III and the Vari-X 3 ....Im glad they improve them every now and then especially if they lower the price too, it seems odd to me that someones feelings can get hurt over a company improving a product and lowering the price at the same time.....Wow!...........Hb

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
How are some deer on a wall correlated with the quality of a scope? I killed a 200"+ mulie with a $60 tasco, so I guess that means tasco are awesome.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
How are some deer on a wall correlated with the quality of a scope? I killed a 200"+ mulie with a $60 tasco, so I guess that means tasco are awesome.
LMAO!!...........now that is funny chit!.......Hb

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

I guess that Tasco was awesome, once... laugh

Picture?

Deer, not Tasco... cry

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 01/24/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They made the new one brighter and dropped the price. Worth coming out with a new model for sure

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

They made the new one brighter and dropped the price. Worth coming out with a new model for sure

Sounds good to me.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I'm a Leupold whore so I figured what the heck, I got a new T3 Superlite .300 Win from Cabelas that needs a scope so I just ordered a VX3i 3.5-10x40 from Midway, I do like the looks of the new power ring and for $399 shipped I think they will be an outstanding value.........Hb

Saw that one for $315 in a few places as well. Ordered a 4.5-14 before the demand catches on and the dealers boost prices. It will happen.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Looked at a VX-3i 2.5-8x36 at a store yesterday. The shop assistant said that the power ring numbers are not etched on as previously. Don't know whether he was talking BS or not as I had left my reading glasses in the truck and couldn't take a closer look at the numbers.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by KenMi

Saw that one for $315 in a few places as well. Ordered a 4.5-14 before the demand catches on and the dealers boost prices. It will happen.
Damn where did you see them for $315? ....I'll buy another one for that price.......Thanks Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Damn where did you see them for $315? ....I'll buy another one for that price.......Thanks Hb

Yes! Same HERE! Where at for $315?

Molan Labe
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
LG outdoors. Go to the Leupold site, fine the part number (model number), then go to LG outdoors and search by model number. Ritchie sporting is offering similar prices on Gunbroker as well, but they charge shipping and credit card fee. Both are free at LG.

I got the 4.5-14-40 VX3i 30mm CDS Windplex for $487.13. They had 2 at that price. If you search that model (170702), it shows out of stock, but it also shows in stock for $599. The 170703 (Duplex) still was in stock this morning. I couldn't find the 3.5-10 by searching the model number, but I just put in VX-3i, and ran through the list, and saw the ones for $315 last night. Not sure of current stock

I'm thinking Leupold may have ran some promotional specials to their deals for the first shipments.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here is the link for the 3.5-10. Last night they were in stock at $315. Now price has been removed, and shows not in stock.

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=274220

On Gunbroker, Richie sporting still shows one in stock for $315.

Last edited by KenMi; 01/25/16.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Thanks for the link Ken, i checked and it shows them out of stock, ill check gunbroker next cause thats a smokin deal too........Hb

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Just checked Gunbroker and no $315 vx3i's left .....Damnit!.......Hb

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Check with Doug at Cameraland. He quoted me a good price on the same one I got. He said theirs are coming next week. If I see any more good prices, I'll pop links on here.

$319.40 Free shipping
http://www.centerfireguns.com/leupold-vx-3i-3-5-10x40-mt-dpx-170680.html

Last edited by KenMi; 01/25/16.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Thanks Ken......You the man!......Hb

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Im going to send the scope i ordered from Midway back and i'm thinking about buying another one of these $319 deals while I can get it.......or do you guy's think these prices will stay?........Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Check with Doug at Cameraland. He quoted me a good price on the same one I got. He said theirs are coming next week.

Yeah, I think I'll give Doug a call and pick one up.

He's a good guy.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check with Doug at Cameraland. He quoted me a good price on the same one I got. He said theirs are coming next week.

Yeah, I think I'll give Doug a call and pick one up.

He's a good guy.

for the support guys. Our shipments are slotted to begin arriving tomorrow

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did Anyone actually order and recieve a vx3i from Centerfireguns.com for $319 ?. Just curious. I never used them before. Thanks

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
How come the VX3s cost more on sale than the new ones.One would think they would be cheaper.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The MSRP was more on the old ones. Apparently some dealers got a promotional offer for ordering the first batch of the new model, that is why the initial prices were low at a few dealers. Once that first quantity sells out, they bump them up to the normal prices.

If the old models aren't selling at the sale prices, prices will have to come down on those, or they will be on shelves a long time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Did Anyone actually order and recieve a vx3i from Centerfireguns.com for $319 ?. Just curious. I never used them before. Thanks

Yep. Not the $319 model but ordered a different VX3i.
Easy-peasy. Scope is already on the rifle.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks my cousin was wanting one but I never bought from them and i didnt want to mention it to him if I wasnt sure they were reputable. He generally doesnt order much online. Thanks again.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Good buy

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10x40 matte Duplex is now $329.40 10:25pm 2-09-16 @ Centerfire rifles web site

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
And Richie sporting still has them for $315+shipping.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A buddy of mineordered a couple VX3i scopes from Centerfire .He got an email today.
I apologize for the delay in your order. We found out today that we have been put on the do not sell list from Leupold for violating their Minimum Advertised Price policy. We were unaware of this until it happened and for the next month we are unable to sell Leupold products.

As such, I have had to cancel your order and I released the authorization on your credit card. You should see that authorization drop off within two business days.

I sincerely apologize that we were not able to complete your order.

Thank you,
CenterfireGuns Customer Service

yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Price fixing?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think price fixing is when you get together with your competition and agree on a price. This is more of an agreement between the manufacturer and the retailer. Not sure but I think it generally is to protect smaller retailers who may not be able to purchase in quanities to recieve as low of price as the bigger ones. Probably more reasons for it than that.

yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your spot on... I stand corrected

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug's away but we do have 1 still available. Give me a call at 516-217-1000 if you need our last one
Joel, Doug's brother

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I guess they don't have any problem with the two dealers on Gunbroker that have them for $315. Maybe it's just the advertised website prices that come up in Google searches.

I still think there was some kind of a promotion for the first batch. Why would a dealer cut their profit so much on a new model, if not? The one on Gunbroker shows a whole shipping case full of the same boxed model on their ad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe they just havent got their letter from Leupold yet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (270wsmnutt, 260Remguy, 1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,129
Posts18,502,567
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.