Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Based on a sample of one, I fall in the "leave 'em discharged" school of thought. About 12-13 years ago, I bought a DeWalt 18V drill driver that came with two NiCad batteries. For no particular reason I used and recharged the same battery for about ten years, until it wouldn't hold a charge long enough to run a couple of screws.

I had gone so far as to mark the one I was using so I could "save" the other one. When I charged the previously-uncharged batter I figured it would be bad just because of age. Here I am about three years later still using my "saved" 13-year old battery. My drill driver receives occasional homeowner use. I charge the battery either when I know I'm going to be away from the charger to drive a lot of screws, or when the battery gets weak.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+4 or is it +5 on the Milwaukee M18

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still say someone needs to make a conversion kit for all these cordless drills where you take the actual batteries out of the unit and replace it with components for a DC converter with a short chord and plug on the end so a guy could use hiss cordless drill as a corded drill when he wants to. Personally I think all the drill mfr should provide a converter as part of their drill package.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 01/20/16.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Li-ion. Look for the newer 4AH batteries.

I like the Bosch tools I have. The biggest thing to compare isn't the drill itself, but the batteries.

+1 on the Bosch....I have one....the Batteries last for ever...Pick it up after 3 months without a charge and it is still ready to go.

โ€œWhen you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.โ€
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you're driving screws, get an impact driver!!
They don't break screws or driver bits like a drill does and are much easier to control!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do I have to come back to this thread and start knocking heads? Milwaukee ! My dad would say g dam it what the heeeelll is wrong wit u , then a smack to the back of the head sumed it up ....๐Ÿ˜

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
As I stated earlier I ditched my Ryobi stuff after suffering through years of poor battery life and such and changed over to the Milwaukee line. Granted I've got a great friend who is an engineer with Milwaukee and got my tools at cost but even if I had to pay regular prices it would've been well worth it. There's just no comparison between the two brands. He sent me a newly released metal cutting circular saw and you cant believe how that thing goes through metal. Like a hot knife through butter!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Home Depot has a promo going till end of the month. Buy certain Milwaukee, dewalt or makita sets and get up to $150 in free accessories or bare tools.
SWEET BABY! Hadda go to HD this weekend anyway for new carpet in a bedroom. Think I'll just tooodley-ooo over to the 'tools' area and see what happens to fall into my cart... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've been using Dewalt 20V everyday for the past year. Awesome tools.m durable, battery lasts awhile. Buy them factory direct not at a big box store. They're not the same.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,913
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.