Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
So last week I posted a heads up that Cabelas was discounting Swaro glass because the new models are out.
I put in an online order for the EL10x42 ranging binos for $2,279.00 plus 5% back in points and then posted here in case anyone else thought it was a good deal.

So the order has been pending for a few days and then went to back order status. I called yesterday and the gal told me they would be shipping out yesterday afternoon and I should have them next week.

This morning I log in and see that my order has been canceled. WTH.

I've seen them go up on the website and then run out a couple times since my order and just figured that they were getting some in and when they sold out they'd pulled them off the web.

I called customer service this morning and asked what the heck was going on with my order. Customer service informed me that they were completely out of stock with no idea of when or if they'd be getting anymore in. You can imagine how I felt about this. I explained that they were listed for sale on their site right now and how could they not have any to sell me if for the last week they kept coming up for sale every few days.

I asked to be moved up the chain so I could whine some more. The two woman I spoke with were very professional and let me vent. The second woman/supervisor asked if she could do some investigating and call me back. I said I'd wait for her call.

Thirty or so minutes later she called me back to say she had two options for me. The first was a pair she'd found in a store bargain cave but they were a little beat up. I asked what option number two was. Option two was the newest version at a discount that put them below the cost of the older version that was on sale.

I don't normally ask to be moved up so I can complain (politely) some more but in this case it really paid off. They worked to make sure they kept a customer and I think I got the deal of a lifetime.

Bob

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I just talked a friend last night who had ordered something from Cabelas that never came. He called them to find out what was going on. They admitted to forgetting to ship it. To make up for it the CS Rep. overnighted the item and did not charge for any shipping.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think Cabelas is one of the best customer service outfits around. I have a basspro in driving distance but would rather wait for sipping from Cabelas. The refunded 2 year old boots that leaked. I explained that I only used them elk hunting and 12 uses was too soon to fail - they agreed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
willhunt4,

Congrats on the purchase. Don't forget to let us know how you like them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Cabela's CS is among the very best out there. I have never had anything but great dealings with them. Buying higher end optics from them knowing they can be returned hassle free is a big plus.

Golden............
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

If you don't think Cabelas CS is any good, go to the Bargain Cave and look at all the used boots and shoes they have taken back. I think there is some abuse to their good service...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm surprised they have remained so liberal with the returns. Clearly guys are returning products after the hunt or even the season is over!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Their generous return policy and staffed CS is one of the reasons they are not typically a price leader compared to other outlets. But they sometimes do have some very good sales if you can get there before they run out. You need to ask in the bargain cave if the marked price is the best they can do. If the item has been sitting for a while they will usually come down. If it just came in or is a hot item, maybe not. I got a Leupold MK AR Mod 1 1.5-4 x 20 with the Firedot G-SPR reticle($450 list) out of the bargain cave in December. It had never been mounted. The guys behind the counter thought it was broken and missing the big objective lenses scopes are suppose to have :-). It had $350 on it and I asked what he could do and $225 was the answer. :-0

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I'm surprised they have remained so liberal with the returns. Clearly guys are returning products after the hunt or even the season is over!

This has changed, recently, and will be a bit more strict. But at the end of the day, the customer comes first and it will be abused by some. But good CS is something Cabela's prides themselves on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After the second time they canceled an order on the last vortex viper I'm wondering just how good the cs is? I understand they can't be perfect but why in the world we live in today with all the fancy technology can they not keep up with the inventory and not over sell.
I have whined a little but after reading this I think I will call back and fuss some more.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

That is beyond petty. Fuuckin' weasels.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've seen people on the 'Fire say to get stuff from Cabelas, use it for a hunt and then return it.

People are fu*kers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Totally lame move.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yep, a good friend of mine was at corporate cabelas for 15 years and a good chnck of the bargin barn goods was 1x used and returned, especially boots, it was amazing what they took back from people.
I miss him working there......

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
They pull the same crap over and over with their optics. I ordered 2 scopes the 2nd day of the sale both of which were supposedly in stock. Two days later I receive an email stating both were back ordered. I called Cabelas's CS and they had no idea when they'd be getting more in or when they would be available for filling my order.

I canceled my order and I'm done with dealing with Cabela's.

Last edited by Ghostman; 01/23/16.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,582
Posts18,510,945
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.