Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RRemus
If he's a decent guy he should make it right with you!

A decent guy wouldn't have sold worthless brass in the first place.

Black Cows Matter!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If your talking about the brass I sent, I did not notice any of the brass having split necks. Best I could remember, I had fired it one time and then loaded some Barnes X bullets in it to try but ended up selling the rifle and never fired them.

I pulled the bullets before I sent the brass. If it was mine, I will gladly send the other $25 to make the total amount of $ sent your origanl asking price.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Ask the seller to stand behind his deal.

... or in front of it.

Seriously, that is a bunch of junk. The sell should take back and/or refund/replace.

If he does not... dog his butt.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Since stainless steel tumbling came around I don't. Buy once fired anymore unless I can't find new brass.

It can make weathered brass look new, even though I can anneal it, it's tough to see weak points and even donuts in the neck shoulder sometimes.

Either way if you are peddling brass with splits you know it's worthless - if you leave it in what you sell its only honest to disclose that.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just bought some 223 brass on the fire and it has more dents in it than my kids Mazda. Some people just don't care but they get the ignore list so it won't happen twice.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
IC B2

S
SEM Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I started asking if brass is blemished, spots or discoloring sometimes no response, I have sold brass and throw away iffy ones or let the buyer know OLD stock some tarnish, polished and shinny don't make one time fired, but is nice to look at when it arrives, even on some of the RARE brass I have had to toss a few too. oh well better than dealing with a politician

if you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
"There should be a special place in hell for brass liars."

How do you know there isn't?

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
duckear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Was it bought here? I didn't see that in the comments.

yes

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have bought lot's of brass here and never really had any issues. Might be a bad piece here and there but thats it. I've always wondered though about people selling range brass and claiming it to be once fired,how do they know for sure it's once fired.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
if it was Fed. 223 brass from American Eagle factory loads. It was junk I had plenty of split necks. Then I started looking at the loaded rounds. The splitting was from them seating the bullets.
As for 223 range brass fired from an AR it will have dents and bruises. But they will straighten out in the next firing.

IC B3

duckear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DANNYL
I have bought lot's of brass here and never really had any issues. Might be a bad piece here and there but thats it. I've always wondered though about people selling range brass and claiming it to be once fired,how do they know for sure it's once fired.

The way I understand it, historically, all factory brass, except Federal, had brass colored primers. Silver was the only color available to reloaders.

So, pick up a piece of brass with a brass colored primer, it was a factory load, thus only fired once.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by duckear
Originally Posted by DANNYL

The way I understand it, historically, all factory brass, except Federal, had brass colored primers. Silver was the only color available to reloaders.

So, pick up a piece of brass with a brass colored primer, it was a factory load, thus only fired once.

Remington primers for reloading are brass colored, I even have some old 7 1/2 benchrest primers that are copper colored

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
WLR = Brass

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S&B primers are brass.

You guys are awfully picky if you think used .223 brass won't have any dents. ARs and Mini 14s leave small dents in the brass that have no effect at all on reloads. Next time shot it will iron out the old dent and put in a new one.
I have always thought of the term "once fired" as a generic term for used brass. Several online sellers of brass have disclosures saying that they can't guaranty the brass has only been fired once.

When your paying what's usually less than half the price of new you can expect to cull out some.

Anyone selling brass should disclose what they know and don't know about the brass.

As for range brass, my local club hosted several vendors for the Shot Show. I brought back a 5 gal. bucket of .223 brass that I'll probably be selling here. Looks like once fired to me but I can't guaranty it.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Up until five or so years ago Win. primers were silver. They then switched to copper color. A 'redesign' offering 'improved' sensitivity. I thought they were fine the way they were.

As for a lot of 223 brass and military brass in general the crimped primer tells the story.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I refuse to buy rifle brass picked up by a scrounger at a shooting range
Could be once fired could be worn out

I have never known a reloader to leave any brass, regardless of how many times it was fired...

if it was Fed. 223 brass from American Eagle factory loads. It was junk I had plenty of split necks.

I still have a partial box of red box Black Hills ammo that has quite a few split necks, and it was all "new" ammo. I'll have to check and see how many have split out of 50, but it was more than 5-7 (and out of different rifles).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,073
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.