Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
You have a brim pond?

I hope you have a spare bedroom! laugh

No "I" don't, I just get to brush-hog the grass down and keep the lawn chairs staked in the dirt, that's Wifeys fishin' hole. grin

But do have 4 spare bedrooms.laugh

Trump Won!
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by gunner500
I was feeling a bit of nostalgia the other day and strapped my old Trooper on in it's Galco cant with four speedloaders in the left pocket of my Carhartt coat and went to the big city of Ft. Smith, didn't feel a bit impotent carrying that old six-shooter. grin

That is a whole lot of hate and discontent to make a run at the big city....

Seen a coupla open carriers and a few concealed gun hands that I could tell were packing, bet they'd all laugh their asses off if they seen what was hiding under my carhartt. grin

Old buddy, I gotta say I DOUBT that.

LOL, dono CT, a 22 shot tac-ops 9 would look mighty hi-tech spacey up next to my old 6 shot. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ingwe
You have a brim pond?

I hope you have a spare bedroom! laugh

No "I" don't, I just get to brush-hog the grass down and keep the lawn chairs staked in the dirt, that's Wifeys fishin' hole. grin

But do have 4 spare bedrooms.laugh

From what you've told me about your wife, she could kick my ass.....so I guess I'll brim fish elsewhere..... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
She could kick both our butts and we couldn't catch her either, have you ran your 30 miles today Poohbah? grin

me either! laugh

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I was feeling a bit of nostalgia the other day and strapped my old Trooper on in it's Galco cant with four speedloaders in the left pocket of my Carhartt coat and went to the big city of Ft. Smith, didn't feel a bit impotent carrying that old six-shooter. grin

That is a whole lot of hate and discontent to make a run at the big city....

Seen a coupla open carriers and a few concealed gun hands that I could tell were packing, bet they'd all laugh their asses off if they seen what was hiding under my carhartt. grin

Old buddy, I gotta say I DOUBT that.

LOL, dono CT, a 22 shot tac-ops 9 would look mighty hi-tech spacey up next to my old 6 shot. grin

Might do it, but I'd be more interested in what I see in or behind a man's eyes than what kind of hardware he has on his belt.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Which is to say, a 6 and a half foot ogre with a Colt's Magnum on his belt is no laughing matter.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Which is to say, a 6 and a half foot ogre with a Colt's Magnum on his belt is no laughing matter.

That's pretty damn FUNNY right there CT. laugh laugh

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Yeah, and true.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Enjoying this lighthearted banter with you men here on the 'fire tonight, good thing I went and checked the mirror and ask the boss for the day off tomorrow, sometimes ya just gotta break and run Buddy.

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Yessir, it is good to talk with friends.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
And for those with very deep pockets there is the new Webley Mk.VII, chambered in .357. How deep? Apparently $10k shocked Hand-made in England, with only 50 produced per year, so think "best English double" but in a revolver.

I like Webleys but at that price I'd "put up with" one of the new Mk. VI in .455 that Webley & Scott are trying to get back into production for <$1k.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just whacked a pig with the 66 on the bottom. S&W tuned it and installed the Patridge front sight.
Bob

[Linked Image]

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sold all my 27s except this one. 27-2 with a set set of custom Herretts. Heavy but a great shooter.
Bob

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by RGK
Sold all my 27s except this one. 27-2 with a set set of custom Herretts. Heavy but a great shooter.
Bob

Well, if you must restrict yourself to just one, that looks like a beaut. Love the grips.

Last edited by Stuart; 01/26/16.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was sitting here looking at this thread and also looking at a pistola on my desk. It used to be a model28, but has a 44special barrel on it now, action job, target hammer, trigger, the whole works. A skeeter skelton special.
Model 28's can be used for all kinds of things.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I was sitting here looking at this thread and also looking at a pistola on my desk. It used to be a model28, but has a 44special barrel on it now, action job, target hammer, trigger, the whole works. A skeeter skelton special.
Model 28's can be used for all kinds of things.

That they can. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does that bbl stamp read "38 WCF"?

as in 38-40?

beauty b/t/w.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]I love the 38-40.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM
Does that bbl stamp read "38 WCF"?

as in 38-40?

beauty b/t/w.

Yes it does. That gun is a pure piece of art.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The .357 is kind of "traditional"...

Like many traditions, there are few reasons to continue if examined closely. Yet, "the first magnum" is the .357's legacy. But since Major Wesson and Al Gogerg(sp?) were using the first S&W handguns to take Big Game, there have been many improvements in the magnum arena.

Elmer Keith's deal was the .44 Special and he lobbied for the .44 Rem Mag. That round is many times more the cartridge the .357mag is. If you handload, it is many, many more times versatile.

Can say that about almost all the later magnum developments; maybe even the .45 Colt with all the new bullets and powders.

What is the point of the .357mag these days?
WAY TOO MUCH muzzle flash, recoil, and pressure to achieve the performance it is supposed to deliver.

Load anything bigger with mild powdercharge or Specials and you have more control and more bullet.

Aside from the S&W 329, the one thing the .357mag has going for it is frame size and relatively easy concealment. Maybe that matters? A 4" model 29 will also ride in my rear jeans pocket, but not as easily or lightly as a 2.5" model 19/66.

I'm still wondering why I hang on to my .357s?

I got no use for one in the field where I live. Have not fired a single magnum round in 15yrs except to use up some old odd-lot ammo.

Any handloader is way ahead of the game using a larger bore cartridge. I will say a model 27 is a lot of fun to shoot .38sp wadcutters with, those being almost a parlor load item for light recoil and accuracy. If I need Power, I will go larger and not be beat up as much by the recoil and muzzleblast. 2x heavier bullet at same velocity with larger diameter is just a better way to go.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1234, 222Sako, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 75 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,786
Posts18,496,009
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.