Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
I've not been impressed at all in the looks of the Zastava's I've handled. I do hear they shoot good but fit and finish is bottom of the barrel.

the bluing on mine is highly polished and deep blue. but this is the remington No5,

The bluing has been the best part of the ones I've seen. Our local GS has a few of them. I wanted to get one because of their accuracy reputation but couldn't stoop to it when I saw them. The stocks look like they were made by 6 year olds and the inletting and checkering by retarded 6 year olds. The mags were floppy and poorly fitted and the safety was amateurish at best.

Tell us how you really feel ;-)

Off on a tangent... I just got a ruger american rimfire and a whittiker cz 422 and both are nice rifles. The trigger pull was better on the ruger. The safety is stiff as hades on the cz too.

I cant wait to get these scoped up and shoot when it warm enough to really compare them, but that Ruger is very comparable to the CZ for a lot less money...

I hope the CZ wins...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
I've not been impressed at all in the looks of the Zastava's I've handled. I do hear they shoot good but fit and finish is bottom of the barrel.

the bluing on mine is highly polished and deep blue. but this is the remington No5,

The bluing has been the best part of the ones I've seen. Our local GS has a few of them. I wanted to get one because of their accuracy reputation but couldn't stoop to it when I saw them. The stocks look like they were made by 6 year olds and the inletting and checkering by retarded 6 year olds. The mags were floppy and poorly fitted and the safety was amateurish at best.

i have not seen the newer ones you speak of, but for the price i guess one could buy it for the blued barreled action and find a boydes stock to replace the other, I'll have to get out and look at one of the newer ones first hand.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So Solheim and I roll into East Grand Forks Cabelas with our hockey daughters so he can try to buy a .22 ... That fuddermucker gets out of the place trading a benjamin and returning a pair of used long johns for his Zastava CZ99 and an apology for "not being able to to better for you Mr. Solheim".

This dude is Shrapnel East + uber ... I. [bleep]. You. Not.

GE

Review: The rifle is has better wood than advertised. Bluing is damn good. Hell, I'm mostly sure that it was only Mr. Solheim that ever wore the damn long johns. (But he has that Scandahoovian Poker Face thing so ...)

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by SamSteele
Originally Posted by SamSteele
I bought a brand new CZ 452 Lux last year. I haven't shot it as much as I want to, but it's comfortable and seems to shoot well. I want to do a trigger job on it, but ordering parts out of the US is a pain for us it seems.

SS

Sam, have you looked in the CZ forum at rimfirecentral? There is a poor man's trigger job and info about the Yo-Dave kit. The Yo-Dave is $20 and the poor man's used feeler gauges and epoxy. I did the Yo-Dave and was very pleased. My 452 Lux now has a trigger about 2 lbs and very close in feel to my Anschutz trigger.

Even the Yo-Dave kit is tough to get across the border. US Customs stops anything firearms related it seems. Odd that Canada had no issue with the importation, its the export that's the problem.

SS

I recently purchased the Yo Dave. Zero issues with shipping. The product is excellent. Huge improvement in the trigger. Don't hesitate to buy a 452 or get the Yo Dave kit if you need it.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
Another vote for the RAR.

Not taking anything away from the CZ or the 77/22.....I have shot those as well and enjoy them just fine, but for the money it's hard to beat the American.

That's the route I'd take as well, as long as the target shooting is of the "informal" variety. You won't be winning any rimfire shoots with the RAR, but it's perfectly balanced and carries excellent in the field...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (160user, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,425
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.