Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
He'll never do it because with that much time, he'll have no choice but to talk about the issues. His platitudes, insults and slogans will be used up in about 10 minutes.

You talking about Cruz, Hillary,.......or Trump......?

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
I've got no personal beef with you, and do not wish to insult your intelligence, but come on man..

Nobody is saying Trump is a great debater. In some of the debates Trump held his own but every debate others did better.

Carly gave him a debating lesson.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Trump is not obligated in any way to even respond to Cruz. This really makes Cruz seem desperate.

It makes Trump look like he is afraid to debate Cruz.

Maybe they should have the one on one debate in Canada.....

wink

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by isaac
Told you Cruz and his team would be screaming WTF do we do now.

He's just adjusting the sails Bob... grin...How you been?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

IIRC, his poll numbers went up after every debate......

Casey

Only Trump and his supporters claim he has won “every” debate.
He has not done anything close to that. And it doesn't matter. The truth right before their eyes does not matter.
His record number of flip-flops does not matter.
His record of supporting Democrats most of his life does not matter in the slightest.
And to think that I once thought most of the low information voters voted for Obama...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump: ‘I Might Be The Best Thing’ That’s Happened To Megyn Kelly, ‘Who Had Heard of Her Before?’

Another example of the truth does not matter to Trump. Megyn got her top spot long before Trump came along.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD
Stunt. And you know it.
Cruz would hand Trump his azz. And you know it.

The real point is that Trump knows it. He admits that he is not a great debater.

In contrats, he also knows how good Cruz is:

"While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[36] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, and with his debate partner David Panton won Team of the Year.[36] Cruz and Panton would later represent Harvard Law School at the 1995 World Debating Championship, losing in the semi-finals to a team from Australia.[37][38][39] Princeton's debate team named their annual novice championship after Cruz.[39]"

He understands full well the advantage that Cruz would have. If you are challenged to a duel by an Olympic fencer, would you choose swords? grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At this point Trump doesn't have to give a phug how great a debater Cruz is

Anyone who doesn't see this as a desperate move by Cruz just isn't paying attention.

Cruz does not want to be up on that stage with the remaining candidates - all in chorus attacking him. Cruz doesn't want any part of a Marco Rubio led attack on him for 2 hours. Without Trump on that stage the crosshairs are firmly on him.

and he'd love to have the face time of a debate with Trump without having to deal with the other candidates.

It would firmly eliminate Marco Rubio as a contender in the race and give him (Cruz) the opportunity to go after Trump

I can't see Trump agreeing to that. Let Cruz throw his tantrum to Sean Hannity all day long. Trump will still get as much if not more airtime than all the other candidates combined.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/27/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Trump's campaign earlier today said if Cruz is still standing after we get through the initial primaries, he'd be more than happy to debate Cruz.

We all know the problem with this though, don't we?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cruz is already on his knees?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump will still get as much if not more airtime than all the other candidates combined.

And he will spend every bit of it repeating his same boring mantra...... " I will make the most wonderful deals. You will be amazed. They will be beautiful deals. And I'll build a wall. It will be a beautiful wall. I'll make sure it will be beautiful because my name will be on it. blab, blab, blab...ad infinitum."

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

IIRC, his poll numbers went up after every debate......

Casey

His poll numbers go up if he farts. The more he blurts out stupid crap, the higher his poll numbers go. He could shoot someone and not lose a single vote.

It's really starting to look like Trump's gonna be our nominee. I've said from the beginning I'd vote for him if he's the nominee, but I'm starting to have real second thoughts. I never really trusted him. Less every day.

Kelly
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
www.duckingtrump.com

WOW! I think Trump may have just bought the site. It's down now.
https://www.tedcruz.org/l/ducking-donald/

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Trump will still get as much if not more airtime than all the other candidates combined.

And he will spend every bit of it repeating his same boring mantra...... " I will make the most wonderful deals. You will be amazed. They will be beautiful deals. And I'll build a wall. It will be a beautiful wall. I'll make sure it will be beautiful because my name will be on it. blab, blab, blab...ad infinitum."

if the clock works don't fix it

tune into the debate for some real details on how to get things done from the other candidates. I'm sure it will happen

Last edited by KFWA; 01/27/16.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trump just agreed to the debate, if they could do it in Canada!

Classic!!!! :0

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Trump's campaign earlier today said if Cruz is still standing after we get through the initial primaries, he'd be more than happy to debate Cruz.

It's all in the subtleties Bob...note "initial primaries" WTF does that mean? Maybe Trumps way of saying GFY??? Cruz would make him look like the egotistical flip floppin little bitch he is.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by byc
www.duckingtrump.com

WOW! I think Trump may have just bought the site. It's down now.
https://www.tedcruz.org/l/ducking-donald/

Can we now refer to him as Donald Duck???

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Told you Cruz and his team would be screaming WTF do we do now.

Trump is wondering WTF do I do now.

Trump will be holding a fundraiser for Veterans and Wounded Warriors. Good enough??

Cruz should skip the debate & buy a ticket...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

It's all in the subtleties Bob...note "initial primaries" WTF does that mean? Maybe Trumps way of saying GFY??? Cruz would make him look like the egotistical flip floppin little bitch he is.

That's Trump saying that if he's in trouble he will need more debates.
Just insurance

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Cruz should skip the debate & buy a ticket...
------------

I'd agree.

But, thanks to Fox,Ailes and Megan,it would probably be best if the ticket was for a trip to NH.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,914
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.