Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
About 3 weeks ago, I purchases an older used Burris Signature 6-24x44 rifle scope in the Classifieds. The scope was defective when I received it, the image was very blurry and the adjustable objective would not correct the blurry view. (I'm talking, way blurry, not just a little). It was clear on 6x but on any other higher power...........blurry. Contact with the seller indicated that he got the scope in trade and never used it, so anyway. I sent it to burris for repair after talking with a burris employee on the phone and receiving a shipping label with an RMA #.

Burris just sent me this email

Burris Optics <customerserviceburrisoptics.com>
Today at 7:17 AM

To

bigaussyahoo.com

Message body
Burris Repair

The scope was recoiled and all lens mounts were checked. The scope holds point of impact under repeated recoil. The scope was fog tested.

We have verified that your scope now functions properly.

Burris Repair

Repaired and Reassembled internal components. Optic has been resealed and purged with nitrogen.

Burris Repair

Corrected/rebuilt parallax adjustment.

Optic has been set to be Parallax free at 100 yards if your optic has non-adjustable parallax.

Thank you for letting us service your product. If you have any further questions your service number is :Sjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfj

Best Regards,
Rino Parsegian
Burris Repair Technician

(Please do not respond to this email your inquiries will not be answered)

My recent experience mirrored one that I had 10 years ago with a handgun scope and is one of the many reasons why i'm a burris scope fan.

If anyone is wondering what their customer service is like.........here is one positive example.

By the way, I included a note stating that I bought the scope used and wanted them to "go through it fully" besides repair the blurry image issue. They basically rebuilt the scope and all this on a 20 year old USA made Signature.

BURRIS RULES (in my book)

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rebuilding your entire scope is probably why they have failed to answer one contact form, one email, and one phone message I left with them about some custom shop work.

It's good they got you taken care of, so their Customer Service may be good, but their custom shop needs some lessons.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Bummer RWE...............

Yep, my experience is just that..........(my experience).

Hope you get ahold of someone.

I will say, that they didn't answer my email (2 days had passed). I also had to call them twice.............couldn't get ahold of anyone.

That part needs work.........I agree.

But, once I got ahold of someone, they were very nice and professional and they received my scope on 1/11 and it's on it's way back to me 1/28.

I can't complain (unless i'm being nit picky)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Glad to hear the good report. I'm a Burris fan also. Been using the FF II for a good 15 yrs. Never sent one back for repair so far.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They did great by me a couple times.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
One of our guys in camp dropped his Marlin and busted the eyepiece off his Burris fixed 4x this year. Burris RMA'd it, but they no longer make parts for that model, so they sent their current variable at no charge. That is impressive customer service on par with Leupold and Buck knives. A company really would not have to honor a warranty on intentional or accidental damage, but I know first hand that all three mentioned companies have and do just that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,819
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.