Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 120 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 119 120
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That fast twists won't shoot short bullets is a myth.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here is a link to a chart. It is what one company recommends for each weight in caliber.
http://riflebarrels.com/calibers-and-twist-rates/

A standard 30-06 is 10" usually, which as seen, covers many common weights. Lighter bullets will usually shoot ok out of a faster twist as well, more than the opposite.

Last edited by KenMi; 01/27/16.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image]

I've a custom Sako chambered for the 223 AI. It is twisted 1 in 8". It will pretty much shoot bullets from 36 gr. to 82 gr. to the same POA/POI.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'nut,

Purty fancy stuff there and you gawwdamned fhuqking nearly shot it once. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

Say sumptin' about the chambering,twist,throat geometry and COAL latitude,if only to add copious hilarity obliviously.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!

Now you can say you've "seen" a 77/22 Hornet setback and punched "K" at 20" ala OEM spout,while rockin' a V-Max smooch in the issued mag. 32's in formed cases,35's to form...gotta horde the goodness. Google it!

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Laughing!!!

Case Forming here at 3030fps with 35V-Max.

Snagged it!

[Linked Image]

You Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!...............

Awww...Thanks, Stick. It's just a danged 'ol WalMart Remmy that a man bought and realized he couldn't afford it, so I did him a favor.

OEM spout which is the fair 9.1 twist. Never even chambered a round prior to the brit milah (Google it), but has since placed some handloads I had rolling around in the floor of the truck into .76". As I recall, 85 grain Xs over N160 that one of the other POSs in the safe shoots fair.

105s Squarely touch at 2.72, so no short throat on this Linda Lovelace, though not as bad as many I've cussed. Leaves a little room to work with in the mag, even. Will see how they do as I do my weekend warrior routine, if I can somehow pry my [bleep] from the couch. Might try a Bartlein after some screwing around, and chasing my tail.

Probably will have to suffer a POS scope too. Maybe a 'Ruepold' (did I spell that correctly?) with an M1. In the mean time, I'll develop potential with an even bigger turd on top. Doubt I'll be able to hit anything smaller than Hillary's azz.

Looks even uglier now. Grin.

[Linked Image]

Might find something to shoot at, iffin' I can summons the energy to climb off the couch and into the truck. Might take a poke out the window. kinda 'akin to snagging fish in a bowl, huh?

[Linked Image]

77/22 Hornet? Never heard of it (Nodding my head yes). Maybe recall a man or two opining that them POS Rugers are heavy and won't shoot. Something about a she-him...

Last edited by 1Deernut; 01/27/16.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

Hogue...you CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Whattya' gonna almost "do" today?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

'dubya,

Here's to your being "lucky" enough,to "think" that Golf Carts,Gates and Fences...are "plenty".

Laughing!

One could take you out in the middle of the pasture,spin you in a circle and you'd be lost ALL over again. You "lucky" kchunt,that's GOTTA add alotta "excitement" to the "Adventures".

I'm cryin'....I'm laughing sooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'S,

Terminal tackle sizing,depends upon water volumes and the Victims of interest. Tough to find a GOOD quality treble,beyond a #5/0 and Iggle Claw takes the cake with their LazerSharps.

Old School Iggles and New School in #4/0,to fuel your Whine. Note that the Lazers are of lesser gauge,which is of superior metallurgy,along with vastly improved sharpness and edge retention. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Hollow core pencil lead is THE key and I tend to default to 1/8",as it is sneakier. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Like in all other avenues,Chameleon is KING in regards to leader material and one KNOWS going in,that an innate ability to fend abrasion,is gonna do serious favors. A #4/0 Lazer stoked with a 7/5 40# Chameleon snell,is a fast twist boolitproof system of repute. Key is to get the pencil lead rolled straight as an arrow,arrange snell so running line rides in the bight of the treble's dual shanked construction and proper yarn selection is imperative.

One doesn't want to drive a buoyant yarn indicator,so the better the yarn,the worse it actually works. I long ago defaulted to a Shallow Hal Lark's Head. Vulcan Mindfhuqk there...Google it! Laughing!

THE Money Maker is to preclude any/all approaches,which will compromise how the treble flies through the water and ascertain that nothing impedes attaining full hook depth within SCREAMING Victims. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Now to most effectively actuate a #4/0 7/5 40#,rod/reel selection rates more than a passing thunk. Hint.

One wants to cover as much water as efficiently as possible,which is arranged via spool diameter,gear ratio and actual rod length. Pardon my horning you Do Nothing Kchunts up. Laughing!

Anywhoooo...as a balanced blend of backbone,finesse feeltitude and sinister length,it's tough to whoop a Loomis STFR and the STFR 1363 11'4" is the pick of the litter. Google it. Hint. Laughing!

For a Bushelin' Coffee Grinder in said application,the 5000 Stradic is distinctly an "unfair" advantage,so how I like to roll and I'd wager on 30# PP rating the mayhem. Hint. Laughing!

'Course we can use spears,frog gigs,cast nets,dip nets,archery tackle and a schitload of other ways to "entice" Dinner,but there is a certain satisfaction in sight feeshin' a particular Victim outta da' Herd and making that PERFECT cast and slicin' air with a 1363-S. Then there's the SCREAM and popping of a gill. Hint. Laughing!

GOOD talk,it is always entertaininger than fhuqk to be regaled with a Heartfelt Estrogen Fueled Vagina Monologue,by a Do Nothing Kchunt setting on her couch and using her Imagination and Pretend to desperately try to attain her first fhuqking clue. You "lucky" kchunt! Hint. Laughing!

As an aside,do you cry when you open a can of Tuna...beings you just KNOW,that Flipper drowned alongside them poor bastards?!! Hint. Laughing!

Perspective,from the warm waters of The Milford.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Now you be SURE to chime in,with the next tidbit that hurts your tender feelers. You "hard chargers" are a rugged lot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'Mi,

If I schit in a ziploc,you'd clap your hands and get into a bidding war to procure it.

Mainly due to how fhuqking much you "don't care". Hint. Laughing!

Whattya' gonna ALMOST "do" today?!? I mean besides Whine,Lie and make Excuses?!? Hint.

Laughing!

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks are a gawwdamned hoot!

Bless your heart.

'pole,

I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess,if only to your chagrin. Google it. Hint. Laughing!

Here's to your Imagination and it's Pretend and just how badly you NEED it. Hint.

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Film at 11:00 and I just HOPE I don't forget the cameras.

Laughing!..........................

Dooshmike,

Might it could be,that them who Whine about "fast twists",have been unfhuqkingknowingly shooting same for years,less a single fhuqking inkling?!? You just might be onto sumptin' Hint. Laughing!

Funnier than fhuqk,that none of The Do Nothing Gang is rebarreling their Twat-Sixes and Three-Oh Not So Greats to 1-16" or the like,so as to get away from their OEM fast twist rates. Hint. Laughing!

Yet the very same DUMBFHUQKS take umbrage to gunning a just as versatile rate,in another fhuqking bore diameter. FUNNY schit!

A 1-12" SAAMI 308Win at 20",will stabilize 208A-Max along The Milford. Even when chopped in the flute and painted. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I've only got 'em in 10",11.25",11.27" and 12". Hint.

A barrel that won't reliably gun the best boolits available in it's bore sizing,is a Goat Fhuqk,as an absolute minimum. Hint.

Despite The Do Nothing Gang's constant War Cry of "nothing matters",there
is in fact more than a couple/few matters tied to twist rate,throat geometry and COAL latitude...which makes it easier than fhuqk to cypher who shoots and who don't. Hint. Laughing!

Give the gals slack on the rope and watch The Show,as the hilarity NEVER fhuqking disappoints,due their perpetually doing their "BEST".

Hint.

Laughing!.................

'nut,

No need to reiterate that steaming piece of fhuqking schit has never turned a lick and that it never will. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

Whattya' gonna ALMOST "do" today?!?

Very MUCH enjoyed the Shim Talk,as that is some FUNNY schit! Pass the K and a shoulder to headspace and you can keep all the Fluff.

You Do Nothing Clueless Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

'nut,

No need to reiterate that steaming piece of fhuqking schit has never turned a lick and that it never will. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

Whattya' gonna ALMOST "do" today?!?

Very MUCH enjoyed the Shim Talk,as that is some FUNNY schit! Pass the K and a shoulder to headspace and you can keep all the Fluff.

You Do Nothing Clueless Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Today I'm gonna almost earn enough to buy another WalMart Special. Might try a Salvage or MossBurgg...Whatta ya think?

Good talk.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

Today I'm gonna almost earn enough to buy another WalMart Special. Might try a Salvage or MossBurgg...Whatta ya think?

Good talk.

These three followed me home (w/scopes) recently, for less than what I could buy a new "Montucky"

[Linked Image]

top to bottom,
Rem. 700 Mountain Rifle, 7x57 Mauser

Rem. Model 7, CDL, 260 Rem. w/Timney Trigger

Ruger M77 (tang safety), 257 Roberts, Timney Trigger.

Ya,

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gee, what's the huge recoil pad about on the .260? Is that a slip on?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Compact with a short factory LOP it appears.

Like the looks of the Ruger 257 Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike
Gee, what's the huge recoil pad about on the .260? Is that a slip on?

Typical Remington pad of recent manufacture.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by geedubya

Good talk.

These three followed me home (w/scopes) recently, for less than what I could buy a new "Montucky"

[Linked Image]

top to bottom,

Ya,

GWB

Good stuff, G.

No telling what shootin' iron might follow me home on any given day...

I like having a roll in my pocket JIC. Grin...

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Good talk.

[Linked Image]

top to bottom,

Ya,

GWB

Good stuff, G.

No telling what shootin' iron might follow me home on any given day...

I like having a roll in my pocket JIC. Grin...

Even with "old man's butt,
Wear your Tight starched Wranglers, a
And a roll in yo' front pocket,
No tellin' who will be glad to see ya coming.

Cash don't talk,

It screams!

GWB

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
That 7x57 Remington Mountain rifle is sweet!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'nut,

I know,that when it's all said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than done,by you Do Nothing Drooling Dumbfhuqks. Bless your heart. Hint. Laughing!

I also know,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Bless your heart. Hint. Laughing!

I also know that the last fhuqking thing to interest me,is a "good deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit. Bless your heart. Hint. Laughing!

Be sure to check in,when you step Outdoors for the first time this year. Bless your heart. Hint. Laughing!

Slow day...only landed 13,but nuttin' over 32" which is quite a change from the prior run of ABSOLUTE Splendor. Hint.

Sea Lice is nice. Google it.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What didja' ALMOST fhuqking "do" today?!?

Laughing!

You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking hoot!...................

'dubya,

One can never tell with a fhuqking Texan,are you Bitching or Bragging?!? Laughing!

Boy that is some really High Zoot wares there. No doubt you are really puttin' 'em to the Test,by almost nearly taking one outside. Laughing!

The Donor Montucky only has to whether a few more days,but has taken some licks and seen more round count than you could muster in a decade of Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!

A leetle fill flash in the early AM this morning,as a precursory R&D baseline.

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

The CM/Walnut Goat Fhuqks you tout,woulda been fhuqking DONE....or mebbe CM/Walnut is "new" to me?!? Kudos on the FULL Retard Trifecta,there ain't twist,throat and COAL harmony in any of the lot and then there's .257" boolits. Laughing!

Hint.

The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is fhuqking hilarious!.....................

Dooshmike,

That's the Cough Silencer Storage Area. When the bitch gets wet and swells,it pops out like "Magic".

'Mi,

You suck a mean ass.

Congratulations?!?

elkchunt,

Do wax eloquent on the sweet "satisfactions" of a Seven Times Fhuqking Fifty-Seven MR. Use ALL the Imagination and Pretend you've got,then Secret Squirrel PM others in The Do Nothing Gang,for more "splendor" on the "sly". Laughing!

You poor,poor(literally)...CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!

You "hard chargers" REALLY get after it!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'nut,

I know,that when it's all said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than done,by you Do Nothing Drooling Dumbfhuqks. Bless your heart. Hint. Laughing!

What didja' ALMOST fhuqking "do" today?!?

Laughing!

I dang near shot Sasahevas, but hesitated since I neither need the money nor want the fame.
[Linked Image]

Laffin!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Wow, how could we have not realized we are in the presence of the king expert of all things, who must always get the final word, and feebly attempt to discredit everything said by anyone else?

Looks like he found something he gets off on more than throwing scopes and guns around, using profanity in front of a child, and airing it all on Youtube. The viewers there weren't impressed by it either, and many viewers put him in his place in the comments, very much deservedly.

BTW, the BC cap video only fails to test on how they hold up OPENED. Generally, most folk OPEN their scope caps when ready to shoot.

Last edited by KenMi; 01/28/16.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

'dubya,

One can never tell with a Texan,are you Bitching or Bragging?!? Laughing!

and then there's .257" boolits. Laughing!

Hint.

I feel ya, Kemosabe,

This chile'

[Linked Image]

never

[Linked Image]

had

[Linked Image]

much

[Linked Image]

use

[Linked Image]

for quarter-bores

[Linked Image]

neither.

but what the hey.

JAPPFT

GWB

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Even with "old man's butt,
Wear your Tight starched Wranglers, a
And a roll in yo' front pocket,
No tellin' who will be glad to see ya coming.

Cash don't talk,

It screams!

GWB

LOL, I bet you're hell on the gals at the roadhouse.

How's that sheep taste, GW?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'nut,

I like the real thang.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Mi,

You "lucky" kchunt,nobody can "make" you out to be a more CLUELESS Kchunt or a bigger Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit than you can,by simply doing your best. Bless your heart. Hint.

Laughing!

FUNNIER than fhuqk,because you "don't care" soooooooo amazingly much! Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise"that due to the incredible volume of your "don't care",you've been feverishly scouring the internet as a salve for your reality. I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

Here,lemme fuel your Imagination and it's Pretend,so you can say you've "seen" one of these too. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

105 Hornie HPBT magfed smooches at 2850fps from a Self Shucker wearin' a killer trigger,prolly don't suck. Google it. Laughing!

Hell...it might even rate gettin' throwed in the crummy,on today's Cast & Blast. Hint. Laughing!

Whattya' gonna ALMOST "do" today? I mean besides thinkin' about me. Congratulations?

You "hard chargers" really get after it. Hope I don't forget the cameras today,as the rain is soundin' 'bout right! You'd need a co-signer,to afford the tape for the muzzles.

Laughing!..................

'dubya,

I REALLY enjoy your Safe Queen bullschit and the Texas Version of The Outdoors. Fhuqking HILARIOUS oblivious humor!

It remains a cryin' shame,that you are devoid the first fhuqking clue,so as to garner an inkling of your sheer and utter fhuqking Cluelessness.

Ignorance IS Bliss.

Bless your heart.

'pole,

Now that's a right proper conundrum for poor 'dubya. Whether to swoon sufferin' Sheep on the table,or Bought Beaver in the bunk.

Laughing!

Whatcha' gonna ALMOST "do" today?!?

I gotta sort through Chrome and heat more than a few barrels up.

It's rough.

Page 12 of 120 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,887
Posts18,518,291
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.