Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
HMR is the only locally available rimfire I can find in any volume

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Deflave: I just came from my local pawn/sport shop and they got in a new model of Savage Rifle in 17 WSM this morning.
It is a heavy barreled, laminated thumbhole stocked model with two sling swivel studs on the wide forearm.
It is different in many respects from the prior models of Savage Rifles available in the 17 WSM caliber.
My friend bought himself and his wife each a savage Rifle in 17 WSM more than a year ago now.
So Ruger is not the only company making Rifles in 17 WSM.
I was interested in the Ruger heavy barrel 77/17WSM myself but have not plunked down the monies as yet.
Best of luck to you if you decide to try one.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
VG,

I don't consider a Savage to be a rifle. I used to but I don't any more.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree with Dave, the savage should not be considered a rifle. A walking stick maybe..... I really want to try a wsm bad now after all this discussion. I have a few of the rugers in 22 hornet, 19 Calhoon hornet, 17 HMR, 22WMR, and 17HM2 and while I like them I don't love them. My favorite thing about the ruger platform is they feel like a real rifle. They aren't some miniature plastic thing cause they are rimfire. I feel the barrels are heavier than needed on the target variety and accuracy in mine has been good but nothing stellar. But given the current options I see ruger as the horse in the race. They seem to be priced in the $700 dollar range which is more than I would like to spend on that particular rifle but I don't see an alternative.

Does anyone know of any alternatives out there? Any news on another company picking up the chambering? I would be like to see CZ start chambering for one. I feel CZ is the best rimfire under $1000 by a long shot despite its backward safety. I would even consider spending a lot more money on a great rifle like a cooper and Annie if they picked up the chambering. H-S was supposed to make a rifle for the WSM but at $2500. I have not seen anymore news on it either though. It's not on their website.

I fear this round could turn into the Mach 2 but I don't care. I got plenty of enjoyment out of my Mach 2's despite its current situation. I have a few thousand rounds left and if I can't get anymore I still enjoyed my purchases and owning the guns. Hopefully I can get more rounds in the future.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Seems like great opportunity for Ruger to slap a WSM barrel on the American rimfire rifle. I was looking one over a few weeks ago. Not crazy about the glossy blueing or sights but it’s a pretty nice rifle for $300.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I just picked up a 17 WSM, yesterday. I went with the stainless/wood Ruger and stuck on a 3-9x50 VX2. Ammo around here is about $13 per 50. Got it new for $650. Hoping to shoot it today.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 42 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,395
Posts18,469,994
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.