Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a Trump supporter mainly for his staunch illegal immigrant rhetoric and because it pisses Rob Jordan off but I know this will become an issue later in the election cycle and for good reason.

Not much of a fan of the snake oil salesman side of trump.

Is Trump University a fraud?

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump has told American voters there will be so much winning when he is president, people will "get bored with winning."

This type of positive messaging has attracted voters across the country, vaulting Donald Trump to the top of presidential primary polls.

More than a decade ago, Donald Trump launched another nationwide campaign with that same winning promise, but the results have been mixed and controversial.

He called it Trump University.

From 2005 until it closed in 2010, about 10,000 students across the nation signed up for the program that promised success in real estate by offering courses and seminars based on the principles of the business mogul himself.

"At Trump University, we teach success," Trump said in a 2005 infomercial when the program was launched. "That's what it's all about. Success. It's going to happen to you."

Now, Trump is facing three separate lawsuits -- two class action suits filed in California and one filed by New York's attorney general -- which argue the program that took in an estimated $40 million, but was mired in fraud and deception.

"We started looking at Trump University and discovered that it was a classic bait-and-switch scheme. It was a scam, starting with the fact that it was not a university," New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman told CNN's New Day after filing suit in 2013.
Prosecutor: Trump lawsuit no stunt

Prosecutor: Trump lawsuit no stunt 03:55

Schneiderman's case argues that Trump and Michael Sexton, the former president of the program, engaged in fraudulent, illegal and deceptive conduct, and that although the program promised to offer courses taught by experts personally selected by Trump, the teachers were neither handpicked nor experts.

Trump University's courses ranged from $1,495 three-day seminars to $35,000 "Gold" level programs that allowed for personal mentoring, real estate field trips and access to the expertise that made Trump a billionaire.

- more

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/29/politics/trump-university-fraud-claims/index.html

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So, do you want Trump in the White House or someone more Conservative?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You want Trump in the White House or someone you trust?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I want someone in the White House who will do something substantive about illegal immigration. Both south of the border and overseas. All the rest is secondary to me.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

I know what I'm getting with Trump which is a big giant wart. But I dislike and distrust Cruz and Rubio even more. Paul is about the only one I remotely have any trust in but he's sort of a weenie and going in circles.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by rrroae

I know what I'm getting with Trump which is a big giant wart. But I dislike and distrust Cruz and Rubio even more. Paul is about the only one I remotely have any trust in but he's sort of a weenie and going in circles.

This

I liked his dad as well, but they don't stand a chance in our corrupt system. They're both to honest and modest two traits not welcomed in today's world.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

In this election cycle what does Conservative really mean? None are conservative but all pretend to be.

Trump...AKA Eric Cartman..Ok Fat Ass

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I want someone in the White House who will do something substantive about illegal immigration. Both south of the border and overseas. All the rest is secondary to me.

Me too.

To be honest, Trump is starting to get on my nerves, but he's the only one that 'might' do something about immigration.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Anybody with a crayon and a piece of paper can file a lawsuit.

Anybody that thinks a real University has a 3-day curriculum, probably *did* use a crayon.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Me too.

To be honest, Trump is starting to get on my nerves, but he's the only one that 'might' do something about immigration.

I hear you bud. But whenever I start getting really annoyed with Trump, I just listen to Rubio or Cruz for 5 minutes and he starts looking good again.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

In this election cycle what does Conservative really mean? None are conservative but all pretend to be.

Trump...AKA Eric Cartman..Ok Fat Ass

Or Hillary...AKA Rosie[she's getting there fast].

I would say Carson is pretty 'conservative'.

FJB & FJT
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Anybody with a crayon and a piece of paper can file a lawsuit.

Anybody that thinks a real University has a 3-day curriculum, probably *did* use a crayon.

Agreed. But these get rich quick schemes aren't exactly the type of things a potential presidential candidate should have on their resume. I believe it will hurt him down the road.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Me too.

None of them can do much without Congress, but I believe most of them would resend Obama's policy of non-enforcement of existing laws. That's really the best we can hope for, other than replacing our liberal congressmen in our own States. Walls, fences etc, are little more than a symbolic gesture. Remember, very little of Obama's harm has been done without Congress's (and the SCOTUS) consent.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if you trust any politican you are an idiot,period. they are all there for the money and the power.

trump doesn't need the money,i'll take my chances with trusting him.

i say at this point trump/rubio would be my choice. give the vp a real job this go round like foreign policies.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MolonLabe41

This

I liked his dad as well, but they don't stand a chance in our corrupt system. They're both to honest and modest two traits not welcomed in today's world.

Well, he CERTAINLY has no chance if you don't vote for him...like I said in an earlier post...that's what the primaries are all about....they're NOT about your second or third choice...going with the herd mentality in the primaries is exactly opposite of the intended purpose.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
He sounds like the azzhole we got now; all mouth and no azz.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Trump says he will deport illegals and then let them back in in an expedited process. I don't see how that would solve the problem. Also, Congress would have to approve anything he proposes unless you want him to act like Obama and try to use executive orders that are probably unconstitutional.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Semper_Fi57

Oh he's an azzhat fo' sho' but I fully believe he will do something about illegal immigration. The rest, not so much.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Trump says he will deport illegals and then let them back in in an expedited process. I don't see how that would solve the problem. Also, Congress would have to approve anything he proposes unless you want him to act like Obama and try to use executive orders that are probably unconstitutional.

I'm pretty sure he would only let a fraction back in but don't know for sure. But I don't believe he would need Congressional approval as there are already immigration laws on the books and the President has the power to fully enforce the law.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Semper_Fi57

Oh he's an azzhat fo' sho' but I fully believe he will do something about illegal immigration. The rest, not so much.

All a President can do is enforce the law...or not.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,203
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.