Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is this a federal grand jury?

otherwise, IIRC, the videos were shot on the east and west coast, not Houston, and the fake ID's were obtained in CA, so how would a jury in Houston find any standing?

GB1

P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
No pictures of my Caprivi, not a big deal because it's not really a high value gun. I did take some photos at a stream on my way to the gym, though. I was testing my D300 with a Nikkor 300mm f/4 +/- a TC14E II. I preordered Nikon's new D500 and want to optimize my technique, PP software, etc. Here are a couple of those photos:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now, what were we talking about? Oh, yes, the fake videos sent to the grand jury by the Texas AG to look for evidence of wrongdoing by PP. Then, said grand jury indicts the video makers! Beautiful.

Even better, after posting the article here on the 'fire, the response is more head-in-the-sand BS. Quotes from far right sources, guys calling a woman's right to choose murder, etc. Hilarious, fellas. Thanks for the entertainment.

Last edited by Paddler; 01/27/16.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH
The prosecution will never get a "guilty" in this case. Wait until defense counsel hits discovery mode and and all the dirty laundry comes out.

This won't be a one way street. PP thinks it's "won" this one? LMAO. It's only going to get worse from here.

Like I said......this thing stunk from the get-go. You could smell it clear to Boston.

Things usually do when it comes to a Progressive agenda.They are all lying sacks of [bleep].

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager

In other words, this isn't over and the prosecutor is now going to be facing some very uncomfortable questions (starting with failing to recuse due to conflict of interest, at a minimum).

The prosecutor on the PP board had nothing to do with the investigation. It's not the same prosecutor, so don't get all excited over nothing.

All that was brought out in the beginning.

No one needed to recuse themselves, and no one needs to rationalize anything to anyone.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

otherwise, IIRC, the videos were shot on the east and west coast, not Houston, and the fake ID's were obtained in CA, so how would a jury in Houston find any standing?

The one of the clinics talked about in a video was in Texas

If you people are going to discuss these topics you should at least learn a little bit about them, and not just the crap from the anti-abortion groups, because they will lie.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by lightning
Only under this administration! Piddler must have found a new boyfriend!

I think this sounds like Donald Trump or AKA Eric Cartman.

When ever challenged with facts resort to 4th grade name calling!

P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
That's just because they've got nothing else. No facts, no truth, no integrity.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah look ol Walt found himself a buddy....

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by RWE

If you people are going to discuss these topics you should at least learn a little bit about them, and not just the crap from the anti-abortion groups, because they will lie.

That's why I asked you arrogant ass.

Given your statement, I learned a little bit more about them, and it turns out one of the videos was shot in Texas. That's where the technician was taught how to do partial birth abortions - as opposed to being a clinic that was just "talked about".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is how the left always handles issues. Jeez. You can preach until you are blue in the face about the "need" for "Planned Parenthood" and the "other than abortion good that they do" all you want. Here's the problem for most opponents, other than our stance on abortion. We are using tax payer money to fund this monstrosity/atrocity and Planned Parenthood donates millions to left wing politicians and left wing causes. Really?!?! There are plenty of left-wing donors and left-wing organizations that would happily donate to this outstanding civic organization (tongue in cheek) if tax payer funding were removed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Since you asked. (warning: Huff Post link)

How Planned Parenthood Outsmarted Its Accusers By Turning The Tables On Them

Planned Parenthood's legal strategy was in some ways similar to how corporations facing major white-collar criminal investigations often cooperate closely with prosecutors to try to influence the outcome.

About the DA who took this investigation to the grand jury.
A Republican who has been the Houston area's prosecutor since 2013, Anderson last summer pledged a "thorough investigation" and a prosecution to the full extent of the law "should we find that laws were broken." Campaign material from her 2014 race for district attorney described her as a "proud, pro-life Texan mother of two."

Planned Parenthood said that Daleiden and Merritt used fake driver's licenses in April 2015 when they posed as executives from a fictitious company to secretly film conversations at the Houston facility. That led to the charges they used fake government documents with the intent to defraud.

One critical juncture in the case may have occurred when Planned Parenthood gave law enforcement an important tip: Merritt's true name, according to Schaffer.

Her identity remained unknown from the time she visited Planned Parenthood with a fake California driver's license until about December when Daleiden revealed it during a deposition as part of a separate civil lawsuit in state court in Los Angeles, Schaffer said.

As part of his strategy, Schaffer said he explicitly pushed prosecutors to charge Daleiden and Merritt.

"I made the argument regarding the charges that the grand jury returned," Schaffer said in the interview, "but I did not have to make them very forcefully because it was self-evident to the prosecutors that they engaged in this conduct."

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Paddler, I don't hate Planned Parenthood. I hate the fact that it simply a money washing operation, where it is given my tax money to be given, in turn, back to Politicians.

That, and the fact your mother wasn't a customer.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Paddler
That's just because they've got nothing else. No facts, no truth, no integrity.

This after you started to hijack your own thread by posting pics of ducks accompanied by a narrative that is way, way off topic. Paddler, you crack me up! Thanks for the laughs, man! grin

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by RWE

Not surprising that you come out of the woodwork to defend abortion.

Again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's not defending abortion, he's just a "mind my own business" type of guy according to his own words in the other thread.

Which is why he pops in to categorically refer to others as "you people" and explain how everyone else is stupid.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Riiiight.... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Here is more information on the DA, from what I can tell she is one of Rick Perry's appointments.

IN VIDEO, DA ANDERSON RESPONDS TO COMMENTS MADE ABOUT ANTI-ABORTION ACTIVISTS' INDICTMENTS

"First, at a press conference today, the defense attorneys asked me re-present the investigation to another grand jury. I am not going to do that. We have a long standing policy against grand jury shopping. That means when a grand jury comes back with a decision we don't like we don't go and find another one to get the result we want. That violates the integrity of the whole system. The only time we re-present is if new evidence comes to light. Twelve Harris County citizens have spoken and I respect their decision even if it conflicts with my personal beliefs.

"The defense attorneys also said today that the "Tampering with a Governmental Record cases should not have been charged as a felony since young people who are caught with fake ID's typically face misdemeanor charges. But under Texas Law, if a person uses a fake ID from another state, it is a felony charge. That's the law."

However, legal experts say that even if the activists are convicted, it's unlikely they will face any prison time.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You wanna cut down abortion numbers have the doc extract the infant live and make the mother kill it.

Her choice:
Chopping block.
Stab repeatedly with a butcher knife.
Electrocution.
Lethal injection.
One gun firing squad.
Hang from the gallows.
Drowning.
Strangulation.
Smother with a pillow.
Slit its throat.
Baby seal it with a ball bat.
Explosives.

Whatever, it's her choice.
And she gets to do the deed.
Hands on wet work...

Last edited by Archerhunter; 01/29/16.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hey Paddler, I don't hate Planned Parenthood. I hate the fact that it simply a money washing operation, where it is given my tax money to be given, in turn, back to Politicians.

PP provides a wide variety of much needed healthcare services to women, especially low income women. Anti-abortion groups lie about PP to further their agenda of undermining a woman's constitutionally protected right to choose.

The far right doesn't care about the truth, and weak politicians cave to prejudice and stupidity. In this morning's Trib, our Governor Herbert said he'll not change his position on cutting funding to PP now that the video makers have been indicted. Spineless dishrag, he is.

This is a really easy issue to understand, unless of course you're stupid, bigoted, sexist, and believe in forcing your values on others. Maybe if women incorporated their uteri Republicans would stop trying to regulate them. Worth a shot, don't you think?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by ltppowell

PP provides a wide variety of much needed healthcare services to women, especially low income women. Anti-abortion groups lie about PP to further their agenda of undermining a woman's constitutionally protected right to choose.

The far right doesn't care about the truth, and weak politicians cave to prejudice and stupidity. In this morning's Trib, our Governor Herbert said he'll not change his position on cutting funding to PP now that the video makers have been indicted. Spineless dishrag, he is.

This is a really easy issue to understand, unless of course you're stupid, bigoted, sexist, and believe in forcing your values on others. Maybe if women incorporated their uteri Republicans would stop trying to regulate them. Worth a shot, don't you think?

Planned parenthood is nothing more than a political hoax, about the same as global warming. Just a dnc political operative. If I'm not mistaken pp has endorsed hillary for '16. WTF is that? Can NASA endorse Cruz? Can DOJ endorse Trump?

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,861
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.