Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by twofish
Play stupid games....win stupid prizes.

Enough said.

Am I less of a human being for LMAO at that?

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston

Maybe it's clear to you. I still see no reason to shoot him. I saw no gun. One can only speculate what he was doing with his hands. Eitherway, I'm not convinced that he was a threat.

Lets try this another way. So you have occasion to have a known armed felon who has threatened to shoot it out with you at gun point outside of a stolen vehicle that you know has loaded weapons in it. Rather then listen to your orders this subject continually reaches onto his jacket.

Are you seriously trying to tell me you think that someone would not be justified in firing on said subject.

Heres a hint as it typically applies to a justified self defense shootings, the situation must meet the Basic Standard.

The Basic Standard: You may legally use deadly force only when there is an immediate and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent.

Immediate and Unavoidable Danger is applied based on answering 3 elements.
Ability: means that the other person has the power to kill or to cripple you.

Opportunity: means that the circumstances are such that the other person would be able to use his ability against you.

Jeopardy: means that the other person’s actions or words provide you with a reasonably-perceived belief that he intends to kill you or cripple you.

So now that you know the basic federal requirements to a justified self defense shooting what part of the video isnt consistent with these standards?

Last edited by MallardAddict; 01/29/16. Reason: added proper definituons of required elements
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am not totally against some of what those idiots were saying. However, those fools were in a no-win situation and did not have the support of the public. They tried to be big and tough and when it came down to the nut cutting, only one stood up for what he believed and said. The rest were wannabes.

The cops did exactly what they should have done. How many times is a cop suppose to let a dumbass reach for his waste band before killing him? Cops of whatever level have a difficult job full of life or death situations. They have to make a decision and deal with the consequences.

I would have shot that dumb bastard the first time he reached for his waste, after all the bs he was spreading about never going to jail. I made it through 27 years of federal law enforcement without having to make that decision, but morons seem to abound these days. Good shoot and good ending compared to what it could have been.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno,

I hear ya. It's my goal to be reasonable and not rush to judgment. The FBI released the video, we watch it and see what we see. Aside from this video, we (the public) have had no other evidence presented to us. Evidence about what happened on that snowy road. We've read and heard statements, but that's it. At this point, I see no reason to commit to a theory of what happened. Maybe I'm more comfortable suspending judgment than the average person. To each their own. After all, it's a fine line between naivety and paranoia, although most would argue naivety is much less painful.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pine_Tree
Also, a question to those who are leaning toward "suicide by cop", or something similar: If he's doing the "suicide by cop" thing, or if he's actually going to be hostile, why the (possible - we can't exactly tell) multiple reaches into or toward a pocket or jacket? If yer gonna do it, then do it. The yes-no-yes-no thing wouldn't make sense.

Sure it would. If I wanted suicide by cop, I'd keep reaching into my jacket until I got it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 4ager
People are seeing only what they want to and refusing to accept anything contrary to that even when it's right in front of them.

There's a whole lot of that these days.

Don't try to confuse me with facts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joseywales,

Possibly. But why did the second suspect have no trouble complying? He exited the vehicle, hands raise. reached down, tossed his gun and live to tell about it.

The second guy stayed near the car on the solid snow. The cops already made there point by unnecessarily killing the first guy.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sbhooper
I would have shot that dumb bastard the first time he reached for his waste

I'll bet you're hell on the monkeys at the zoo, when they start flinging their chit at folks......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho_Shooter,

But they obviously do have accountability, to you and I.

That's why the shooters in Idaho are in jail now, isn't it?

It is obvious to any reasonable person that the police had no choice but to shoot.

I see. The ones on here who disagree with you are unreasonable. Clear to me.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MallardAddict,

Lets try this another way. So you have occasion to have a known armed felon who has threatened to shoot it out with you at gun point outside of a stolen vehicle that you know has loaded weapons in it. Rather then listen to your orders this subject continually reaches onto his jacket.

How do you know he was not told to open his jacket?

Are you seriously trying to tell me you think that someone would not be justified in firing on said subject.

Yes.

So now that you know the basic federal requirements to a justified self defense shooting what part of the video isnt consistent with these standards?

Correct. We did not see him threaten anyone.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Joseywales,

Possibly. But why did the second suspect have no trouble complying? He exited the vehicle, hands raise. reached down, tossed his gun and live to tell about it.

The second guy stayed near the car on the solid snow. The cops already made there point by unnecessarily killing the first guy.

Good Lord, you're an idiot of Biblical proportions.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Having driven in snow before and knowing what that's like, did Lavoy think he was going to get around the roadblock vehicles?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Have you ever seen God? Yet you believe, based on your learning, maybe your experiences, etc.

I'm guessing that the LEOs believed this guy was a threat. Based on their experience with him, his own preaching, and years of experience. They didn't need to see a gun or device. He acted and they believed.

Last edited by Joseywales; 01/29/16.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Idaho_Shooter,

But they obviously do have accountability, to you and I.

That's why the shooters in Idaho are in jail now, isn't it?

It is obvious to any reasonable person that the police had no choice but to shoot.

I see. The ones on here who disagree with you are unreasonable. Clear to me.

The shooting in Council was an entirely ditterent situation. I firmly believe those two deputies should be imprisoned, one for manslaughter, the other for murder. But in that case, none of Mr. Yantis's friends and family is quoted as saying he charged at police officers. Nor did Mr. Yantis display a felonious mindset by attempting to run a road block, endagering the lives of his passengers and officers.

The two deputies in Council are accountable to the public, even if they may not believe so. I sincerely wish the details of the FBI investigation to be released several months ago.

Reasonable person,.......seems to be a concept encountered in court room situations.

I, as a layman, figured it might mean that if 100 people look at a scenario and 99 reach the same conclusion, the one might be considered to not be of reasonable mindset.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
MallardAddict,

Yes.

My god....does your iq go higher than potato?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
MallardAddict,

Yes.

Have you paid attention to his posts over the years? If so, you'd not insult a potato.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Could they have used non-lethal methods from that distance? laugh
It would have been cruel to live capture a man with dreams of martydom, humiliatingly putting him in a cell where he vowed he would not go..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho_Shooter

I, as a layman, figured it might mean that if 100 people look at a scenario and 99 reach the same conclusion, the one might be considered to not be of reasonable mindset.

Your illustration sounds reasonable to me. If the numbers were 60 / 40 which group would be reasonable.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's more to the entire story than just the FBI video tells as well...

Ryan Bundy was also shot, so there was more shooting going on somewhere, directed at the group.

It'd be interesting to see THAT footage as well. (Not that anyone would agree on what they just saw...)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by gitem_12
MallardAddict,

Yes.

Have you paid attention to his posts over the years? If so, you'd not insult a potato.

Honestly Sean....no I haveht, because I keep forgetting which Ring_______ is an idiot, so I pretty much pass both of em by

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.