Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was crappping in my pants just watching
not for me
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm assuming that speedo was in KPH, not MPH. If so, 300 KPH is approx 180 MPH.

Yeah, I thought they were going pretty fast too, until I realized that.

Mathew 22: 37-39

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That key lanyard flopping around is just what I'd want distracting me at speed. crazy

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
All brought to an end....if just a sparrow flies into him...not even counting an owl or hawk!

Bird strike.

Somewhere around here i have pics of a friend hit by a barn swallow doing 60-65 mph.

Almost knocked him off the bike.
How he kept upright I do not know.

The bruise on his chest reminded me of pictures of someone shot with a 38 pistol wearing a bullet proof vest.

He sold his bike.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
years ago there were pictures of a Porsche that hit a bird while going 110mph. Don't remember the type of bird, but it wasn't small. Punched about a one foot hole through the windshield, and basically exploded inside the car. Luckily was between the seats. Blood, meat, and feathers covered the inside of the car. It was truly a god awful mess.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
All brought to an end....if just a sparrow flies into him...not even counting an owl or hawk!

Bird strike.

Somewhere around here i have pics of a friend hit by a barn swallow doing 60-65 mph.

The bruise on his chest reminded me of pictures of someone shot with a 38 pistol wearing a bullet proof vest.

He sold his bike.

At 60, even a grasshopper between the eyes will leave a pretty good welt. My worst, though, was a wasp that got inside my helmet at about 60. I was screaming obscenities, steering with my knee, and trying to rip the helmet off. It stung me 3 times under the leg of my glasses before I got him handled. If I'd been allergic, it would have been all over.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be lots of fun until some one was stopped on the shoulder, like they were at the end of the video, when you were using it at 200MPH.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Bird strike.

He sold his bike.

At 60, even a grasshopper between the eyes will leave a pretty good welt. My worst, though, was a wasp that got inside my helmet at about 60. I was screaming obscenities, steering with my knee, and trying to rip the helmet off. It stung me 3 times under the leg of my glasses before I got him handled. If I'd been allergic, it would have been all over.

Caught one of those huge, southeast asian dragonflies right on the Adam's apple at high speed once in the Philippines...almost put me down

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's called "Low Flying"!
George

Dad always said, "Nadie Nacio Ensenado" (No One Was Born Taught)
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
there was one floating around on you tube a number of years ago, a friend up in Quebec sent to me.... a passenger was filming their ride in a car, and caught were a Semi Was merging over to the right lane and some on a crotch rocket was flying up and passing traffic in the left lane ( which remember is the right lane over there, as they drive on the opposite side of the road)...

the camera caught the motorcycle slamming on the breaks as the truck cut in front of him as he was flying up, and the back two sets of wheels from the trailer ran over this guy...

it even had live footage of the remains of this guy's body and organs splattered all over the trailer and its rear tires....

wasn't a pretty sight.... but very colorful....

When I ride a motorcycle, I'm a "Driving Ms Daisy" kind of rider...figure I'm invisible to anything with more than two wheels...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
gostrider

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Amen, brother. Unless I'm out on some rural route or 27 or something similar.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you hit a large object at 60 mph it kills you just as dead as it would at 160. When you are riding at speed you better be looking way ahead, and the key fob won't be bothering you. And actually right in behind the fairing the air movement is really not that bad. Of course you can feel the turbulence against the bike though.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The bike with the camera was a BMW S1000RR. 199hp stock with paddle shifters like a formula one car. Weighs about 390lbs stock. Quite a thrill to ride to say the least.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Used to work with a guy who hit a pheasant on his Harley. Took a rooster in the chest at about 60. Pulled his hands off the bars and went ass over tea kettle backwards. He stopped rolling to see his bike ghost ride about a quarter mile up the road into a barbed wire fence and self destruct.

He had some pretty neat scars.

Sean
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
What I see there is full on stupidity on display, not nuts.

Yep. Run the odds long enough and you're gonna get a hit, and those odds on display on that video ain't very long.

Back in the days my '88 Ninja (on which I rode 40,000 miles before it ate the cams for a second time, Kawi top ends were like that back then) would only do 140 maybe 145. Considered pretty quick at the time.

Screaming past cars like that is just rude, shows a lack of class and consideration, I would only floor it on empty stretches of highway. But still, 140 looks about like that video, and all you hear is the roar of the wind. Get back down to a mere 80 or so and you feel like you could get off and walk.

Craziest thing I personally ever did was 100 on a KLR650 dual sport (long downslope) two-up with my wife on the back eek

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My brother was on a cross country trip on his Harley. A deer jumped out in front of him while he was going 70 mph. The deer died instantly.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
At 60, even a grasshopper between the eyes will leave a pretty good welt.

One time I was on a cruiser-style bike (1,000cc Virago) doing the usual 75-80 highway speed. I didn't see it but a big grasshopper must have come in just over the top of the low windshield and then under my popped-open helmet visor.

All I saw was a momentary but clear image of the yellow-underside of a grasshopper at close range via my left eye, just enough time to start the blink reflex and then BLAM! Sounded like a gunshot inside my head.

I didn't go down but weaved all over two lanes for a few seconds. In traffic it woulda been bad. Big welt on my eyelid was all I suffered.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bigwhoop,

The accepted "human reaction time" for drivers is 1.5 sec.. At 284 ft/sec, you would travel 381 feet before even reacting to a problem. Then factor in how fast your braking and steering can get you out of a jam.
The result will be a "memorial service" in a few days with what is left.

At 55mph you are going 81 ft/sec as a comparison.

The numbers posted might be normal for the vehicles they were passing, but not realistic for these guys. Take a look at professional athlete's and rider's and driver's reaction times. They work in .25 seconds. When I was grinding and dropped a small knife I would get my foot under it so the pint wouldn't be damaged. A coworker told me I was reacting in about .4 seconds. I saw one MMA guy timed from the time a light flashed till he kicked the dummy at .183 seconds. But the best I saw was a fast draw guy. The light flashed and the shot from his revolver turned off the clock at .06 seconds. Those guys senses would be on overdrive alert. But even a quarter second at 180 miles per hour is almost 70 feet!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Took a June bug in the left eye/nose bridge once at night. Good thing the road was empty, like you, I was all over the road till I got it stopped. June bug juice stings like hell! Left me with a slightly black eye for couple of days.

Sean
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

729 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 69 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,277
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.