Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dodgefan
The question was do laws dictate ethics and morality?
If so, whose? Taken to a logical extreme you are saying that if shooting people for giggles was legal it would be perfectly fine and we would be wrong for saying it wasn't and trying to pass laws against it.

That's not a logical extreme, that's allowing mentally ill people and their lifestyle choices to be considered rational as a society fashions laws to govern the behavior of everyone in that society.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
If so, whose? Taken to a logical extreme you are saying that if shooting people for giggles was legal it would be perfectly fine and we would be wrong for saying it wasn't and trying to pass laws against it.

That's not a logical extreme, that's allowing mentally ill people and their lifestyle choices to be considered rational as a society fashions laws to govern the behavior of everyone in that society.

It's "been established" you don't get to dictate ethics and morals for others.

You're comparing illegal acts to something which is legal.
That was addressed several pages back. If you don't agree with abortions, don't get one. Just don't tell anyone else what to do as long as it's legal

(Red text is what Snyper said) He's the one that said as long as it's legal it's okay to do.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Paddler

I have a riddle for you. What is the difference in extraction between the Mauser 98 and the Model 70? Why is the 98 better?

Everyone knows the answer to that....I think.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Not in the least. The video makers are indicted, PP is vindicated. Read 'em and weep, DB.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
If abortion is such a highly sanctioned individual right unique to the mother, why I am I compelled to pay for it with my tax dollars?

What socially redeeming objective is accomplished?

Pro abortion activists have been hiding behind this "women's rights" argument for decades. Roe v Wade was always a morally bankrupt decision. There is nothing in the Constitution that makes abortion a "legal right",especially since the practice clearly deprives another human being of "life and liberty".

PP is an abortion mill. It should not be funded by the Federal Government.

IC B2

P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Paddler

I have a riddle for you. What is the difference in extraction between the Mauser 98 and the Model 70? Why is the 98 better?

Everyone knows the answer to that....I think.

Really? Do tell. There's one particular machining step that sets Mausers apart. Explain it to us if you will.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I know the answer. If I didn't, I wouldn't have posted it.

This isn't a quiz show. But you can explain it if you want. It was your question.

I have owned a lot of both.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/31/16.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager

I cannot change your mind because your refuse to think and to even begin to logically, morally, or philosophically defend your indefensible position.

I can, and have, defended my opinions on all those fronts. You, have not, cannot, and will not. Therein lies the difference. You've been granted ample opportunity to do so, and have failed or refused ( or been incapable) of doing so.

I offered you a debate on the merits of the differing positions. Regrettably, you were incapable of rising to the task. You may try again, but this time please do try. The arguments and positions remain the same.

Same old same old

I told you when we started what you would say and you've repeated it 20 times.

You're a slow learner, because I told you I don't care what you think about it. You won't change anyone's mind with your tired rhetoric.

Declaring your view superior doesn't make it so.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

It's "been established" you don't get to dictate ethics and morals for others.

You're comparing illegal acts to something which is legal.
That was addressed several pages back. If you don't agree with abortions, don't get one. Just don't tell anyone else what to do as long as it's legal

(Red text is what Snyper said) He's the one that said as long as it's legal it's okay to do.

Shooting people "for giggles" isn't legal, so I'm not playing silly "what if" games with you. I told you that several pages back.

Under some circumstances shooting people is legal, and it's none of your business if it's done legally

If you don't want an abortion, don't get one.
If someone else wants one, legally, it's none of your business.

It's really quite simple

Last edited by Snyper; 01/31/16.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be a lot more simple if the organization providing abortions wasn't funded with my tax dollars.

But they are, so its my business, apparently.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So, you old f'ers ain't ever going to need anything PP provides. Your tax dollars are not going for abortions. Even if they did, PP is saving the taxpayers money. real money.
Conservatives used to mind their own gd business. Keep on trying to regulate what women can and can't do, and the Republicans will keep on losing.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheOldTree
So, you old f'ers ain't ever going to need anything PP provides. Your tax dollars are not going for abortions. Even if they did, PP is saving the taxpayers money. real money.
Conservatives used to mind their own gd business. Keep on trying to regulate what women can and can't do, and the Republicans will keep on losing.
An old tired argument from an old tree.

They get taxpayer support.

They perform abortions.

They donate to liberal candidates.

That's not an over simplification, chief.

If they did not get taxpayer money, would they still do the same number of abortions, AND offer the same level of other services?

If they did not get taxpayer money, would they still contribute the same amount to liberal candidates?

And are you minding your own GD business right now, mighty old oak tree? Giving me grief as I express concern over this?

I think not.

by the way, sage one. We contribute funds to a private women's clinic- one that does not provide abortions. It's a Christian mission clinic, so yes, I am a mean old conservative zealot.

Just know that before your argument wants to go in that direction.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by 4ager

I cannot change your mind because your refuse to think and to even begin to logically, morally, or philosophically defend your indefensible position.

I can, and have, defended my opinions on all those fronts. You, have not, cannot, and will not. Therein lies the difference. You've been granted ample opportunity to do so, and have failed or refused ( or been incapable) of doing so.

I offered you a debate on the merits of the differing positions. Regrettably, you were incapable of rising to the task. You may try again, but this time please do try. The arguments and positions remain the same.

Same old same old

I told you when we started what you would say and you've repeated it 20 times.

You're a slow learner, because I told you I don't care what you think about it. You won't change anyone's mind with your tired rhetoric.

Declaring your view superior doesn't make it so.

You had no idea what I would say. You thought it would be a religious argument. It is not.

You cannot, or will not, even consider the logical, moral, and philosophical arguments presented because they destroy your position. That IS a superior argument. There is no way around that fact, either.

As for repetition, your posts define such.

You had your chance at a debate, and still have that chance. Thus far, you and your position have failed at every turn. That, is not my fault and that does not your argument validly make.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Old f'ers", eh? So, we can assume that you, in your youth, can support the logical, moral, and philosophical existence of abortion? Please try, as your fellow abortion apologists are unable to do so.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My support is less significant than the millions of women who have happily used PP.
We should also realize that millions of happily served women by PP, essentially amounts to millions of happier men
So, there's the narcisisstic argument, the one that flies best here.

PP are professionals at what they do, providing healthcare.
Let them do their job.

The videos were total BS and I certainly would expect more discerning behavior from a bunch that get all holier than thou about their pea-shooters.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The positive thing about these threads is that is shows us who is who on here.

Mostly it's the same liberal twats playing their broken records, but occasionally a new player is added to spin the hits...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm voting for Cruz. Your vote will be cancelled. (At least one of them.)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The positive thing about these threads is that is shows us who is who on here.

Mostly it's the same liberal twats playing their broken records, but occasionally a new player is added to spin the hits...

Right? Another gun loving, liberal patriot.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

PP are professionals at what they do,

Sure.

So was Mengele.

Pardon the blatant bitch slap, but if you want to answer questions with witticisms from the DU, it's what you get.

Seriously, PP is OK because women are happy, therefore men are happy?

Geez.

I can see how you may get a little offended by anyone being "holier than thou".

If that's the crux of your argument, damn....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My support is less significant than the millions of women who have happily used PP.
We should also realize that millions of happily served women by PP, essentially amounts to millions of happier men
So, there's the narcisisstic argument, the one that flies best here.

PP are professionals at what they do, providing healthcare.
Let them do their job.

The videos were total BS and I certainly would expect more discerning behavior from a bunch that get all holier than thou about their pea-shooters.

In other words, no, you cannot support your position on anything other than the most trivial, superficial level that is neither logically, morally, or philosophical valid. No surprise there.

Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.