-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the only thing last night made clear was Iowa continues in a tradition of supporting evangelical candidates

Santorum and Huckabee won Iowa correct?

Reagan lost it.

no one should be betting the farm on anything being clear at this point.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Romney and McCain won the "middle/center". THAT is a fact. Another FACT is that Republicans can not win without the base.

You may not like it.

I don't disagree, but the base nor the center is not enough alone.

We haven't had a candidate that brought out strong base support in 30 years. THAT is why people say we need the mushy center.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Heard a guy on the radio this morning explain things as follows: Cruz believes there are enough conservatives to win the general election if they turn out. Rubio does not think there are enough conservative votes, but believes he can persuade enough moderates/independents to cross over to win. Trump, like Rubio, doesn't believe there are enough conservative voters to win, so he's taking the approach that enough conservatives will vote against the Democrat (essentially the Dole/McCain/Romney votes) and enough moderate/independents will be comfortable enough with him to produce a win.

I think Cruz would make the best President, but Rubio may be the best candidate. I think Rubio is more conservative than Dole, McCain, or Romney and I will vote for him if he is the nominee. I am aware of the amnesty issue, but I think/hope Rubio has learned from that mistake. We all know Hil-liar or Slanders support amnesty. Those who don't vote for the Republican nominee are cutting off their nose to spite their face and deserve to lose every firearm they own; unfortunately, the rest of us may lose ours as well.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bea175
The Dem's put a Kenyan in the White House and now the Rep's want a Cuban. Losing this country one election at a time.

And the horse you rode in on....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Romney and McCain won the "middle/center". THAT is a fact. Another FACT is that Republicans can not win without the base.

You may not like it.

So Pat, you're telling me the Dead Cat voters that stayed home, all 5 million out of 5O million are the base??? 10% is the base, that's what you're telling me.

I want the most conservatie candidate that I can et elected, but I'm not buying the "base" isn't voting. The ones that stay home are as much kook fringe as Naderites.

Look at the numbers, and it is the 20% of the mushy middle that swings the vote. Reagan proved you don't have to go Left to get them, but you do need to give them a reason to vote for you.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes. Reagan did give them a reason to vote for him. He was honest. Just like Cruz was in Iowa about ethanol. Honesty is highly underrated by those who believe the end justifies the means, but not by the average American.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I also believe honesty is overrated.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're way above average.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The RNC will start going all in for a Rubio/Kasich ticket to try to nail down OH and FL. Watch for Kasich to withdraw just before or just after Super Tuesday and endorse Rubio. Don't be surprised if Christie does the same. You can damned near guarantee that Jeb will back Rubio; as sure as the sun rises in the East.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's exactly the issue with Cruz, he has zero draw outside of his core supporters, and they don't have the numbers to win on their own.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
You can damned near guarantee that Jeb will back Rubio; as sure as the sun rises in the East.

You sound like it would be questionable that one Floridian would back another? I would think poorly of him if he didn't. In the end, they will all back the nominee. this is politics.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rubio is now the Vegas odds on favorite to win

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I told you all a year ago he would be the nominee.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
Rubio is now the Vegas odds on favorite to win

He's been #2 for months.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by davet
That's exactly the issue with Cruz, he has zero draw outside of his core supporters, and they don't have the numbers to win on their own.

This is also Trump's problem.

Rubio will be nominated. He needs a popular Midwest running mate.

The dog'n pony show will play out, and this will be the outcome.

Trump will cry and whimper, then go 3rd-party.

[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Rubio has enough cut out for him trying to best Trump in Florida.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by bea175
The Dem's put a Kenyan in the White House and now the Rep's want a Cuban. Losing this country one election at a time.

And the horse you rode in on....

Personally, I like both the Cubans.

Cruz is more staunchly conservative but might have a hard time winning the general election where it's probably not enough to just get votes from the Republican base.

I don't entirely trust Rubio on immigration. But he's a strong candidate, and is a conservative who could likely win the general election.

We need to defeat the Democrats at all costs. If we don't, the country will be unrecognizable. Fighting over ideological purity is a losers game.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The only winner I see is the folks paying MSNBC and Fox. Looks to me like their propaganda is effective - what I hear of it second hand since I don't watch either.

This stuff is all fun to argue (for you guys). Whether Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum wins the election is open for some debate but the only clear outcome I see is the continuing and unerring trajectory of this country. And any bloody fool can see where that trajectory is leading. The people in power win by fooling the electorate into believing that their vote counts for anything more than a minor -and VERY temporary - alteration of course on hot button socially divisive issues. Real Power remains with those already in Power and that's all that matters.

You guys are welcome to prognosticate, quote puppets on TV, cast chicken bones and consult oracles but I am going to spend my time preparing for the coming and inevitable decline of this country. I figure I have about 20-25 years left in this existence, if I can manage to scrape through that then what happens next is not going to affect me.

And to respond to the most likely rebuke, please continue y'all's efforts to make this country great again. I can't stop the decline and you can't stop it either unless you are willing to die in a hail of police bullets, and even then your death will be covered up, spun, marginalized and minimized out of existence. In the end your resistance would only be a propaganda victory for those you fight against. The Power of Information is locked up as tightly as the power to spend your tax dollars. All any of us can really do is fart at the hurricane to try to alter its course. It might actually alter that course by .00000001 seconds of angle so I guess it does provide the illusion of being worthwhile. Just remember that your 100 million farts in one direction are countered by the 110 million farts coming from the other direction.

I've said this before and will continue to say it, maybe I'll incorporate it into my sig line until after the elections, but knowing the past, our future is inevitable.

I will vote for whoever runs against Hillary but know and admit fully that it's only to get my "Right to Bitch" ticket punched.

Pretty much sums up the futile mental masturbation of this entire election season, and of course was completely ignored. A little back and forth on this stuff is entertaining, but from the looks of the 'Fire these days, there's not hardly any other thing going on in the world.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by bowmanh

I don't entirely trust Rubio on immigration. But he's a strong candidate, and is a conservative who could likely win the general election.

Saying that you don't entirely trust Rubio on immigration is like saying you don't entirely trust a crack hoe to watch your house for the weekend.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Saying that you don't entirely trust rubio on immigration is like saying you don't entirely trust a crack hoe to watch your house for the weekend.

I don't entirely trust Trump ON ANYTHING, based on such irrelevant reasons as his ON THE RECORD stances on everything from guns to healthcare...oh and I forgot, Israel too....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (219DW, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 68 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,677
Posts18,534,241
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.