Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bigfoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Fort Worth had their police helicopter up looking for him after he got drunk Saturday night and beat his girlfriend.

Johnny is what we call a really slow learner.

The Browns say they will cut him ASAP.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like watching a train wreck. Jones will sign him--but how long will it take for him to either come around or drift off into the answer to a trivia question?

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Who would want Johnny Freakshow?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I would love to see this punk never see another down in the NFL. The sad part is that some team will probably pay this drunk to play again.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ironbender

Jones...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the time I wondered about the sad and stricken look on his father's face when this guy was being presented the Heisman. I think that his dad knew the guy's proclivities and weaknesses and could see the wreck coming. Sad stuff.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by ironbender

Jones...

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Somebody will take him, he'll get his [bleep] together and turn into a decent QB. Not many remember, but Brett Favre started his career in Atlanta. He was let go for similar reasons after 1-2 years. No internet back then so the reasons why were kept quiet. He grew up and turned into a HOF Quarterback.

He will get his 2nd chance. I think he'll either turn out to be one of the great ones, or he'll burn out in another year.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've never cared for the kid or more precisely, his behavior. I do wonder though, if this is his idea of his ticket out of Cleveland.

If and when he does grow up, I'm hoping that the first thing that he comes up with is class. He is fundamentally without it at this point.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The 'Boys can surely pick them, from time to time.

Some of you may be too young to remember Duane Thomas. I really remember him from the few moments he was a Patriot, before his trade was quickly voided for being uncoachtable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Thomas

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How crazy would it be to see him and RGIII on the same team?

Both Texas college legends

its beyond my ability to understand how someone like Manziel will continually risk a multi-million dollar payday just to booze it up and party.

At the same time, for the kind of money the Browns have sunk into him, hire an assistant to keep him from acting stupid.

if necessary an assistant that can kick his ass.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/02/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have my doubts that JM will ever get it together. There have been plenty of QBs who partied, but Manziel has issues with women, too. There is a diffference between being a partying, horndog, hotshot QB sleeping with the beauty of the week, and an emotionally unstable alcoholic.

Manzeil might have been a Raider back in the day, but not even Al Davis would entrust his team to someone so unreliable. That is the real issue, JM is unstable and unreliable.

I say Jerry passes on this one, unless it's absolute minimum, contract.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
How crazy would it be to see him and RGIII on the same team.

That would be great if the Cowboys took both of them and Romo got hurt, they'd lose every game.

Or....they'd get their schit together and crush the Skins. eek

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If Dallas is "stupid" enough to take him,that should put there record next year somewhere around 14 and 2)). 14 arrests and 2 convictions!!! About an average season for Dallas. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Johnny "Football" might just be soon Johnny "Slammer" for what he did to his girlfriend and where he needs to spend his time.

He's cooked guys, just a trivia footnote that never deserved to even be that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JMR40
Somebody will take him, he'll get his [bleep] together and turn into a decent QB. Not many remember, but Brett Favre started his career in Atlanta. He was let go for similar reasons after 1-2 years. No internet back then so the reasons why were kept quiet. He grew up and turned into a HOF Quarterback.

He will get his 2nd chance. I think he'll either turn out to be one of the great ones, or he'll burn out in another year.

Regarding Brett Favre, his contract was traded to Green Bay on 02/10/92 for a first round pick, #19, in the 1992 NFL draft. Atlanta used the pick to select running back Tony Smith. Smith ran for a total of 329 yards during his entire career.

Regarding Johnny Manziel, I think that Jerry Jones is smart enough to distance his team from the train wreck that is all Manziel has been since the day Cleveland drafted him. Jones would be better off signing RG3 to back up Tony Romo for the rest of Romo's career. In a year to two, RG3 might learn how to be a functional pocket passer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
Somebody will take him, he'll get his [bleep] together and turn into a decent QB. Not many remember, but Brett Favre started his career in Atlanta. He was let go for similar reasons after 1-2 years.

He does not have the skill set nor the leadership ability to be a decent QB in the league.
Favre had both - just needed to mature.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy that stuck with Quincy Carter as long as Jones did can certainly be expected to want Johnny.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm pretty sure Ryan Leaf still has a few good years left in him.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The guy that stuck with Quincy Carter as long as Jones did can certainly be expected to want Johnny.

I forgot all about that putz....some of the most humorous games ever!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 19 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,665
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.