Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Looking for a chest rig bino case. What' do you like or not like about the one you're using?

Need one for a pair of 10x42 Swarovski el range.

Thanks

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love the Alaska Guide Creations bino pack. It is very well built, has a few extra pockets, but isn't bulky. Very good quality, and the owner gives top notch service. I also have a pack by FHF gear and it is very nice as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
+1 on Alaska Guide Creations.
Great product and the owner is a great guy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Alaska Guide Creations! Made in the USA from stuff made in the USA.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Another for Alaska Guide Creations, great bino pack.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ditto the above.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I recently did my first western archery spot and stalk armed with the traditional elastic harness and realized real quick I needed something different, mainly for the times when a jog is required and the binos are bouncing everywhere, more energy is expended trying to hold your binos down than with the jog. Also when crawling in the harness the binos drag the ground. The harness just doesnt work. The focus of my search was a system geared primarily for archery spot and stalk. The search landed on the Kuiu. I really really like it for all the reasons pointed out in the video below. Its a well thought out and designed case. Some advantages over the Alaska Guide:

Lighter and more compact. Rides higher on chest.

Lid opens away, much more ergonomic and stealth.

Top strap is attached to binocular. There are times when it is more convenient and stealth to ease the binos down and not have to place them back in the pouch. Without the binos inserted, the pouch sags down just enough to be out of the way so that the binos can hang loose.

You can quick and conveniently ditch the pouch all together and replace it with a containment strap (before a stalk, think stealth).

In testing around the house; running, crawling, using them when shooting archery 3D target as if live situation, wearing to work (yes the guys at work think I'm crazy), etc., I am sold!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I used the Alaska Guide pack for a while but I've ended up using and really liking the Badlands pack. The magnet close is really nice, the fit and carry is better for me. The Alaska guide pack is well made, I suggest you try them both out. I have two Badlands, both carrying 10x42's ( a Leica and a Swaro).

This is the model although I don't know if this camo is still available.

[Linked Image]

Golden............
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Flat out love my Kuiu so much I bought a second one for my other binoculars

It also comes with a rain fly and can be used without the case if for some crazy reason you would choose to do so

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks gentlemen.
I appreciate the help.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have been using the S4 gear. It is light weight and easy to get your binos in and out off. In the winter I use the badlands also. I have 12x50 swaros and it works in both really well.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I recently did my first western archery spot and stalk armed with the traditional elastic harness and realized real quick I needed something different, mainly for the times when a jog is required and the binos are bouncing everywhere, more energy is expended trying to hold your binos down than with the jog. Also when crawling in the harness the binos drag the ground. The harness just doesnt work. The focus of my search was a system geared primarily for archery spot and stalk. The search landed on the Kuiu. I really really like it for all the reasons pointed out in the video below. Its a well thought out and designed case. Some advantages over the Alaska Guide:

Lighter and more compact. Rides higher on chest.

Lid opens away, much more ergonomic and stealth.

Top strap is attached to binocular. There are times when it is more convenient and stealth to ease the binos down and not have to place them back in the pouch. Without the binos inserted, the pouch sags down just enough to be out of the way so that the binos can hang loose.

You can quick and conveniently ditch the pouch all together and replace it with a containment strap (before a stalk, think stealth).

In testing around the house; running, crawling, using them when shooting archery 3D target as if live situation, wearing to work (yes the guys at work think I'm crazy), etc., I am sold!

If they were made out of some type of waterproof fabric they would be more desirable........

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

If they were made out of some type of waterproof fabric they would be more desirable........

Does anyone make a waterproof case?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BluMtn
I have been using the S4 gear. It is light weight and easy to get your binos in and out off. In the winter I use the badlands also. I have 12x50 swaros and it works in both really well.
I tried the S4s (both of them) this year. They don't keep the weight off my neck and they don't keep dust off the lenses, either the objective or ocular lenses. They are a pain in the rear to adjust when shedding or adding layers.

Will be trying out the Kuius and the Alaska Guides this year.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by prairiewhitetail
Another for Alaska Guide Creations, great bino pack.

Another vote for Alaska Guide Creations. I have spoken with Jarrett Owens and was so impressed with my Bino Pack, that I bought one for my brother.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Does anyone make a waterproof case?

Probably not, I just think the cheesy shower cap that Kuiu offers is just that........cheezy!

They specialize in some nice waterproof jackets why not charge a little more and have a nicer product!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been using the FHF gear for a couple of years now and like the coverage, quiet movement, fat guy harness comfort, the no look quiet closure, the adjustments and the way the rangefinder pouch integrates into the harness with the tether to keep me from losing the little Leica crf.

Much better than the S4 I sold after a couple of months and any of the others I've seen or used. Haven't seen the Alaska or Kuiu yet. I spray camp dry waterproofing on most of my fabric hunting gear and it has worked well for me in mostly dry climates - we are not the rainforest here or Colorado.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kuiu only needs sprayed to make it waterproof....but even my high end rain suit needs that each year

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

They specialize in some nice waterproof jackets why not charge a little more and have a nicer product!

I probably would pass if it were made from a hardshell.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

I probably would pass if it were made from a hardshell.

As would I, but possibly some type of membrane or other high tech fabric!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,049
Posts18,500,964
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.