Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
As Finicum was killed in connection with what has been declared felonious activities, what are the odds that any occupiers will be charged with Felony Murder?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Possible. The charges may be put on the table as part of a plea bargain deal. I think that doing so is horsechit, but it could very likely happen.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they can send a man to prison for five years for burning off some grass on his lease, anything is possible.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
If they can send a man to prison for five years for burning off some grass on his lease, anything is possible.

He wasn't sent to prison for that; not that facts matter.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

Take a minute and read the court case, that's exactly what he was sent to jail for, they called it arson on federal land. I call it burning some brush to control weeds and do it on my land every year.

John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Take a minute and read the court case, that's exactly what he was sent to jail for, they called it arson on federal land. I call it burning some brush to control weeds and do it on my land every year.

I have, and clearly have a better concept of facts than you do. Hint: wasn't his land.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

It was my land and lots of other folks and we didn't want it burnt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw an article when this first started, stating that the Feds had given approval for the burn then changed their mind. IIRC the sheriff was involved in the whole Charlie Foxtrot early on during the approval for burn. Have not been able to find the article again and am wondering if anyone here knows the facts.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
he set fires on the refuge at least twice. once when there was a fire weather red flag warning posted, and another time when there was a camp in the path of the fire.

that goes well beyond 'burning some brush to control weeds'

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And then there was the poaching.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Doesn't look like the Oregon felony murder rule would apply.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder_rule_(Oregon)
Death has to be of a non-participant.(according to wiki)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You liberals from the east side just don't get it. The fires were on BLM land, not a refuge. He started the fires because BLM was dragging their feet and not doing their jobs. He had AU's for the land and it needed to be burnt to support them. The poaching claims were made by a reporter, never entered into the legal case, and may very have just been slander.

The folks at the Oregon farm bureau and Oregon cattlemen's association agree it was BS sentence. I for one support America's ranchers and farmers.

Take a minute and read the pdf from the federal courts on the actual facts. Understand this remote desert were neighbors are miles apart. Burning is accepted management tool and a natural occurrence. Understand the government is not the solution, it's problem.

John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Understand the government is not the solution, it's problem.

Who knew?

LOL
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You liberals from the east side just don't get it. The fires were on BLM land, not a refuge. He started the fires because BLM was dragging their feet and not doing their jobs. He had AU's for the land and it needed to be burnt to support them. The poaching claims were made by a reporter, never entered into the legal case, and may very have just been slander.

The folks at the Oregon farm bureau and Oregon cattlemen's association agree it was BS sentence. I for one support America's ranchers and farmers.

Take a minute and read the pdf from the federal courts on the actual facts. Understand this remote desert were neighbors are miles apart. Burning is accepted management tool and a natural occurrence. Understand the government is not the solution, it's problem.

Not so,

and the BLM belongs to me too.

Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.

Last edited by callnum; 02/03/16.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by callnum

It was my land and lots of other folks and we didn't want it burnt.

How may have you talked to about that?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

All that parroted rhetoric doesn't change the fact they were convicted of two counts of arson on federal property.

That's all that really matters

I support ranchers too. I had steak for supper

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The govt would never do anything against the citizens of the US. We need larger govt to take care of us. We need more govt.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snyper

All that parroted rhetoric doesn't change the fact they were convicted of two counts of arson on federal property.

That's all that really matters

I support ranchers too. I had steak for supper

5 years in federal prison and 400k in fines for burning 139 acres grass range land is nuts. That's why the original plea deal was for 6 months and I think that was out of line. Coming back after the fact and sending them to prison for another 4.5 years by liberal judge in Eugene is the problem.

If you think 5 years in prison and 400k in fines is reasonable for burning some grass that probably needed to be burnt, you are the very definition of a window licker.

John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

5 years in federal prison and 400k in fines for burning 139 acres grass range land is nuts. That's why the original plea deal was for 6 months and I think that was out of line. Coming back after the fact and sending them to prison for another 4.5 years by liberal judge in Eugene is the problem.

You're mostly spot on here. The original sentence is what it is, and it got served. Good, bad or otherwise, that was the deal that was struck. The fact that the prosecutor - in an absolutely unprecedented move - appealed the already served sentence is beyond the pale. That is a gross miscarriage of justice and completely without any parallel.

Of course, all of that is now buried and seriously compromised by the Bundy bunch. The Hammonds have suffered the worst at the hands of the Bundys, and there's no denying that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 69 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.