Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Put a set of Cooper A/T3 on my Tahoe and with just over 30k on em their cooked, or dam close.

These tires have been rotated every 8k and show real even wear but they need to be replaced pretty soon. To say Im not happy with the Coopers is an understatement.

So whats next? Dont really want to spend 1k on BFG's but cant buy tires every 30k either.

Thoughts?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use Toyo open country M/T's on my land cruiser and my 2500 duramax. They have good traction and seem to last. That sai, next time I am going to look at Goodyear Duratrac. I think they are cheaper and have heard that they work well.

Regards,

Tom
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by passport
Put a set of Cooper A/T3 on my Tahoe and with just over 30k on em their cooked, or dam close.

These tires have been rotated every 8k and show real even wear but they need to be replaced pretty soon. To say Im not happy with the Coopers is an understatement.

So whats next? Dont really want to spend 1k on BFG's but cant buy tires every 30k either.

Thoughts?

BFG all terrain KO2 is calling your name... Why not listen???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I wondered away from KO's....

I'm going back!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Firestone Destination AT's are very highly rated on

www.tirerack.com

My brother has a set on his Tundra that have done well for him. They are more reasonably priced than many and with a tread similar to the Coopers.

Coopers seem to be love em or hate em. I have 35,000 on mine and expect to get at least 15,000-20,000 more out of them. They'll be replaced next fall or winter before any snowfall. I've never had a complaint.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think I'll get another 10k on mine but this last 10 is on really low tread depth.

Im leaning in the direction of the BFG's..

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've been happy with my KO2s. ~17k on them and still a ton of tread left.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've had Michelins on every truck I have owned since the late '80's. Performance has been excellent, with good tire life. Would recommend them, for sure.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bough Michelins a month ago, and they were really good in the ice an snow off road. I run on semi maintained roads and these are suited for that job. If you look at the comments on tirerack and sams club, these last well beyond 75K. I don't believe it, but that is the common theme, that these wear like iron. The ride is pretty nice and the mileage is OK, and they are not noisy. So with 2500 miles on them, they initially look good to me. Michelin ATX AT2.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+A%2FT+2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats why I quit Coopers as well. They just seem to wear funky even with proper rotation.

I put Nitto's on my F-250. Have about 20,000 miles on them now, no complaints so far......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Thats why I quit Coopers as well. They just seem to wear funky even with proper rotation.

Im glad someone else had this happen! Seems like I had a TON of tread like 2 months ago and now nothin.

I usually have them balance my tires at rotation and have the front end aligned once a year. To say I go out of my way to take care of my rig is an understatement.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Cheesy

I put Nitto's on my F-250. Have about 20,000 miles on them now, no complaints so far......

"E" rated Nitto's on my Dodge 2500 Hemi. Excellent tires. I don't put many miles on the truck, but the previous set lasted 6 years.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by passport

Thoughts?

I know a guy that travels three states as a salesman Georgia,TN and SC and all he uses on his Tahoe are Michelin LTX he gets around 80k rotating them regularly.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Terryk
I bough Michelins a month ago, and they were really good in the ice an snow off road. I run on semi maintained roads and these are suited for that job. If you look at the comments on tirerack and sams club, these last well beyond 75K. I don't believe it, but that is the common theme, that these wear like iron. The ride is pretty nice and the mileage is OK, and they are not noisy. So with 2500 miles on them, they initially look good to me. Michelin ATX AT2.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+A%2FT+2

The tacoma I just had v6 4wd wore them for 35k out of the 75k on the truck. They looked brand freaking new.

I have 20k on my 2014 Tacoma and they look like they just came off the rack.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
REALLY happy with the set of KO2s I put on the F150 last fall. Hardly any noise on the highway and super in the snow and greasy two tracks in 'da UP. Far superior all around compared to the OEM Good Year ATs. Hardly any difference in the milage.

#1 rated tire in class on Tire Rack with many reviews by now.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had Revo's, Michelin, Firestone, BFG, and now Good Year. I haven't reached the mileage rating on any of them (Good Years still on the truck). What I will say is that I've enjoyed the ride most, both on and off road, with the current GY's I have on the truck. I've also received many compliments on the ride. They are wearing real evenly too.

Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar

Last edited by remfak; 02/04/16.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
In my experience you get what you pay for with tires and most things frankly. I have been running Toyo Open Country AT's for years with complete satisfaction. If mud is your game then their MT. I just had a set of AT's installed on my Tundra.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a 16 Tacoma with the Goodyears with Kevlar and I really like them. I believe before hunting season I am going to put a set of Firestone Destination MT's on it. We have a set of them on our farm truck and they are wearing great, have good road manners and excellent traction.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by remfak
I've had Revo's, Michelin, Firestone, BFG, and now Good Year. I haven't reached the mileage rating on any of them (Good Years still on the truck). What I will say is that I've enjoyed the ride most, both on and off road, with the current GY's I have on the truck. I've also received many compliments on the ride. They are wearing real evenly too.

Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar

Interesting chart. I can agree with 1 thing on it. Toward the bottom you'll see BFG Rugged Trail T/A's. They're not great in any category. When I bought my pickup 3 years ago, it had a new set of them installed. While I should get between 50 & 60k miles from them, they're inferior in every respect. The slick road traction is pretty poor for sure. The siping looks good but it just doesn't do the job.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've run two sets of bfg AT's on my trucks.

Both lasted as expected for miles. However both worked poorly in the rain on pavement once they got past 25000-30000 miles something happened to the surface of the tread that made them much more slick on wet pavement.

One set was on a diesel pickup, the other was on a old 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser. When I had these tires I was living in a region that saw 80 plus inches of rain a year. This was not a good fit. In all other aspects of the tire I was pleased with them.

Because of this experience and needing new tires again I just put all new Toyo open country AT2's on my truck.
They are too new for me to provide an opinion. They do however get very high reviews across the board!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 44 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,395
Posts18,469,994
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.