Hop To
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Carpe' Scrotum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no idea who Bob Owens is, but it seems to me that he has made a couple of assumptions that aren't based on any evidence that has been yet provided. First - we might expect that Finicum was told multiple times to put his hands up as Owens states, but without audio or corroborating witness statements, we don't know. Second - I don't know how he knows that the officer in the trees is left-handed and shooting (presumably a handgun) strong hand only. When I look at that, it seems just as likely to be a right-handed shooter with a carbine. Does he have other info to go on for this?

But that's all nit-picking. I'm otherwise seeing what he's seeing.

It will be interesting to see if autopsy and other evidence is made public any sooner than that from the Council, Idaho fiasco.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I don't know who Bob Owens is either, but he has one plausible interpretation of what we see on the video. There are others. We just don't know what was said or when shots were fired because there is no audio. Let's just assume that his interpretations of the actions of the officers we can see are correct. That may or may not be a good assumption. What about the officers we may not see? What are they doing and when?

I think it's important to make a distinction between what we know and what we think. I know that two out the three witnesses I am aware of describe the unjustified shooting of an American citizen. I know that nothing I see on the video either proves or disproves the most important parts of their stories.

What do I think? I think that what happens next will be very telling. Will there be a real investigation? Will we told that there's nothing to see and to move along? Will some police officers be scapegoated? Will little or nothing be said with hopes that everyone forgets? There are probably other scenarios too. I THINK that if there is evidence which clearly exonerates the actions of the government we will see it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (1Longbow, 338rcm, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 44mc, 470Evans, 15 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,455
Posts18,507,976
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.