Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A Texas newspaper announced its plans Saturday to publish the names and addresses of every San Antonio police officer following a deadly officer-involved shooting last week.

Stephanie Zarriello, publisher of the weekly tabloid San Antonio Observer, said Antronie Scott had been “unjustly murdered,” Fox San Antonio reported. She described Scott as being in “a position of surrender” when he was shot and killed on Feb. 4 by Officer John Lee, a 10-year veteran of the police force.

"Like Ku Klux Klansman with hoods, [officers] do everything they can in order to protect their identities for fear of being brought to justice," Zarriello said during a press conference the paper held on behalf of the Scott family, according to KENS 5.

"Just as the names and addresses of sex offenders are publicized in order to protect the public from their wicked behavior, we feel that our community has the right to the exact same level of protection," said Zarriello.

On Feb. 4, undercover officers were following Scott, 36, who was wanted for felony warrants, said San Antonio Police Department Chief William McManus, KENS 5 reported.

As Scott exited his white Mercedes, an officer reportedly told him to show his hands. When Scott quickly turned around, an officer fired one shot, striking Scott in the chest and killing him, McManus told the station. McManus reportedly said the investigation to date has revealed that Scott was not armed and was holding a cellphone when the officer fired his weapon.

The department said in a statement sent to Fox San Antonio: "The San Antonio Police Department is continuing its investigation of the officer involved shooting. We will continue to provide the public with updates into both the criminal and administrative investigations as information becomes available. We are committed to conducting an unbiased and transparent investigation into this matter.”

Another fatal shooting involving a San Antonio police officer occurred on January 17, according to a document posted on the SAPD website. In that case, a 27-year-old white man who was carrying or exhibiting a deadly weapon was shot and killed by a 26-year-old Hispanic officer.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're public employees. Isn't that info available to everyone anyway?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can't wait for Chicago to list all the names address of every black person in the city too.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well,,,,many people use that tactic....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Half would be at the same address........the city lock up.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Like Ku Klux Klansman with hoods, [officers] do everything they can in order to protect their identities for fear of being brought to justice," Zarriello said during a press conference the paper held on behalf of the Scott family, according to KENS 5.

Ok. That's not a liberal, anti-cop statement, is it?

So if a cop arrests a gang of drug pukes, and they send the rest of the gang over to burn his house down, and kill his family, that's what they want?

Sounds to me about as smart as the newspaper that published all the CCW holders awhile back.

Pure liberal stupidity.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good God fearing Conservatives use the same tactic, what's the specific issue?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M
Good God fearing Conservatives use the same tactic, what's the specific issue?

That woman is comparing cops with KKK members and sex offenders.

Perhaps they need to publish her address?

Only publish it in the bathroom of the local lock-up.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Exactly, that would be fair.

Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Nobody should hide behind anything, step up and lay it out there.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd just inform her that from here on out she is free from the oppressive police protection, and give her a new phone number to call when she's in danger.

1-800-Eat-Shat

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M
Nobody should hide behind anything, step up and lay it out there.

Would you?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/2...me-in-austin-last-month-is-released.html

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have....

You think I have a lot of friends in my neighborhood....

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right.

When is the last time you arrested a bunch of bad guys?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I thought we were speaking of speaking one's mind, hiding behind nothing and letting the chips fall where they may....

Thomas Jefferson

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
The problem is, the sexual offenders had been convicted of their crime(s) and the publishing of address is a condition of their parole and/or probation. The offenders have the option of staying in prison in which case their address is not published. It can even be difficult to determine which prison they are in as there are privacy issues that need to be followed for the safety of the convict.

The publishing of officers' addresses flies in the face of this as it is not only before the officer is released from prison but it is before he is even charged with an offense. Heck, it is even before an officer is involved in an incident as the reporter wants to publish ALL officer addresses, not just those involved in a deadly force incident.

Public employees' personal information is not usually public information. It might be available through a FOIA request but I believe those are pretty specific in their requirements. A blanket request for addresses might be very well denied, as it should be. Where a person lives in relation to where they work is inconsequential to their employment, whether in the public or the private sector.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ok. That's not a liberal, anti-cop statement, is it?

So if a cop arrests a gang of drug pukes, and they send the rest of the gang over to burn his house down, and kill his family, that's what they want?

Sounds to me about as smart as the newspaper that published all the CCW holders awhile back.

Pure liberal stupidity.

Says it all.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner
They're public employees. Isn't that info available to everyone anyway?

No, Personal identifying info such as phone, address, ss # are not able to be foia'd.

Wage history and employment history are.

At least that is the way it is in Michigan.

Last edited by 12344mag; 02/07/16.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know everything in my personnel file is subject to public disclosure. Knew it from day one. However, if you want it, you have to pay the fee and my personal information must be redacted. No phone numbers, addresses, names of my family, social security numbers, etc.

Nothing about an officer's personal life is of public interest. At least, in my state. But, you can get names and cross check with property records to get most of it.

Keep your eye on the fruit........
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As long as they publish every other witness and jurors information.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 24 invisible), 1,689 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.