-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cam needs to take some lessons from wilson, manning, rodgers and what it means to be a leader with some class.

I'm looking forward to Manning retiring and Brock Osweiler getting the full time job. Brock Osweiler is a local kid that graduated high school with my son.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Did you guys see him throw himself on the ground after the holding penalty at the end ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by ribka

Football becoming a feminized reality show

A good hit used to be just a good hit. Now we have an analysis of possible physical harm repercussions and projected guilt and a self absorbed celebratory dance.

Right on there........someone else mentioned Dick "Night Train" Lane earlier, I can just imagine Cammie boy breaking into a Night Train led secondary..........he woulda immediately been clotheslined & no penalty would have been called either. Little Cammie would be so anxious to run the ball anymore after that.

Today that would be a season long suspension.

MM

Cliff Harris of the Cowboys was out of the same mold as Night Train.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I would love to see all those dreadlocks on the field with Dick Butkis an Howie Long. They would have been walking off the field with handfuls of hair...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Speaking of POS, that face mask by Talib was deliberate.

Here ya go

http://www.monistat.com/

Played a weak schedule and finally Cam had to face a real defense

I watch less and less pro sports. I miss the 70's and 80's ( too young to remember earlier times)

A good hit used to be just a good hit. Now we have an analysis of possible physical harm repercussions and projected guilt and a self absorbed celebratory dance.

Cam acted like a total POS no doubt, left his team hanging by not diving on the ball.

Regardless of how you feel about Cam, that schit by Talib has no place in professional sports. If you condone that crap you're just as bad as him. Grabbing someone by the face mask and attempting to throw them 10 yards is a dick move at best. Talib is just as big a POS as Cam is on the field. Don't know about off the field but I can say that Cam does do a lot for the greater Charlotte community with kids. He has a lot of maturing to do, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The difference in today and back in the 70s is that the guys are much bigger, faster and stronger. The league has realized they will be paying through the nose for future lawsuits if they didn't step up and give some protection to players. When you have 280 lb monsters that run 4.5 40s, it's a dangerous game despite the best equipment available.

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Shrapnel - I used to respect you, but you obviously know nothing about Cam Newron.

Iron Mike Ditka has a message for you

http://youtu.be/xALkB1ruBw4

Last edited by Paul_C; 02/07/16.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Super Bowl is nothing but a commercial enterprise born in the days that athletes were actually looked up to and boys wanted to emulate. I have never been much of a spectator, but on rare occasions when my leg is on ice and there are no rabbits, I find myself watching this spectacle.

I also grew up singing patriotic songs in school and reciting the pledge of allegiance. The Super Bowl starts with the "Star Spangled Banner" which represents everything great about America and that Puke of a Cam Newton can't even pay attention to the song and hold his hand over his pathetic heart. I hope he gets his ass kicked...

100% in agreement.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
90% of my workplace was pulling for Carolina,,, can't wait to yell How about them Broncos in the morning,,,, Cam was shut down and shut out,,,, I really wanted to see him get the stuffin knocked out just once tonight,,,

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cam just walked off..

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Cam Newton's post game interview is simply horrible! He acted like an immature baby! He didn't take any responsibility and he showed no class at all.

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 02/07/16.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't know the guy. I left Bama before his time at Auburn and all I know him from is his NFL performance and giving TD balls away( I start Fb games at kickoff). Grow up bro.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by kingston
Yea, he's an arrogant classless punk. It's disgraceful.

I couldn't agree more, but he is FAR from the worst!

Can you spell Jones or Burfect? I am not sure that I can either, but it is not worth my time looking up!

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Shrapnel: You are more than likely right about the young athlete Cam Newton but you are DEAD WRONG about the Super Bowl!
150,000,000 (one hundred and fifty million!) fans watched this athletic event with great anticipation and enthusiasm!
And they do so EVERY year.
And the Super Bowl is THE greatest sporting event IN THE WORLD!
You don't get 150,000,000 (one hundred and fifty million!) people to watch a "commercial enterprise!
All the various "commercial enterprises" associated with the Super Bowl are just along for the ride.
And this, are YOU saying young athletes DON'T look up to Peyton Manning?
Well IF you are then you are again, DEAD WRONG.
Long live pro-football and the Super Bowl.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Roll Tide!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
And players are making tten times or more money now. The protective gear, regs is much better now and play is much safer with new regs.

Play one year and can retire for life.players are paid commiserate with risk. You have combat troops making one per cent of pro players saleries and I am a former combat vet. I knew the risk and ai t complaining

American football is morphiing into non violent European football ( soccer)

I like seeing players pushing the new passive regs

I'll watch golf if I want boring non physical play

Cam is an immature, non team playing, self centered loser and the NFL fans saw this today

Speaking of POS,

that face mask by Talib was deliberate.

Here ya go

http://www.monistat.com/

Played a weak schedule and finally Cam had to face a real defense

I watch less and less pro sports. I miss the 70's and 80's ( too young to remember earlier times)

Cam acted like a total POS no doubt, left his team hanging by not diving on the ball.

Regardless of how you feel about Cam, that schit by Talib has no place in professional sports. If you condone that crap you're just as bad as him. Grabbing someone by the face mask and attempting to throw them 10 yards is a dick move at best. Talib is just as big a POS as Cam is on the field. Don't know about off the field but I can say that Cam does do a lot for the greater Charlotte community with kids. He has a lot of maturing to do, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The difference in today and back in the 70s is that the guys are much bigger, faster and stronger. The league has realized they will be paying through the nose for future lawsuits if they didn't step up and give some protection to players. When you have 280 lb monsters that run 4.5 40s, it's a dangerous game despite the best equipment available.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Cam Newton's post game interview is simply horrible! He acted like an immature baby! He didn't take any responsibility and he showed no class at all.

Showed his true color, that's all. Same POS he's always been.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ditka's gonna be pissed at a buncha you guys.......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Showed his ass has no class! And he doesn't have enough of what it takes to learn a lesson from this and turn it into a positive change.....for the better! Most times in life...arrogrant bastards wind up with their noses in the dirt....and getting kicked in their azz! Anyone with class would have thanked their organization for the opportunity to have their association, thanked the coaches in spite of not winning, and then given credit to the Bronco organization for winning and playing a good game!! ZILCH....coming from him! Now he can go home and pout on his pillow!!

Good riddance!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
^^

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah that Peyton Manning is such an upstanding guy.

WOnder how they kept this out of the headlines.

Altar Boy Peyton Manning

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.