Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
BREAKING NEWS: Seventy-Two Killed Resisting Gun Confiscation In Maryland
National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 18, 1775.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Last edited by PopeYoung; 02/09/16.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Ya but they were real men. Not a bunch of tattoed, pierced lip'd, purple haired, limp wristed, we all get a trophy, chest hair waxers like most of what i see on the streets today.

God help us and our once great country!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They should have taken over a bird refuge instead....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PopeYoung

Satire is lost on the weak-minded....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
very nice....I wonder if anyone would fight today...good thing we had those brave men then....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maryland?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh

Trump Won!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by kingston
Maryland?

He's confusing Maryland with Massachusetts. People out west don't know much about geography. Seen several cases of this. Sort of like confusing Utah with Nevada.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
are there 72 guns in Maryland?? wink grin

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
are there 72 guns in Maryland?? wink grin

Yes. Not even counting the streets of Baltimore, I bet within two stops I could find 72 (or more). Or, I could have before my friends had that tragic boating accident and lost both of their collections.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably would have been better titled "BROKEN NEWS".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Maryland?

He's confusing Maryland with Massachusetts. People out west don't know much about geography. Seen several cases of this. Sort of like confusing Utah with Nevada.

Easterners often don't know that New Mexico is part of the US!
I guess they figure Tejas and Arizony share a border.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well they do, Mexico...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Maryland?

I've seen a number of cases of ID being mistaken for IA...by EASTERNERS. Westerners don't have a monopoly on liberal education.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Whooops, I didn't proof read this, it was on another forum and I just copied and pasted it.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PopeYoung

Kind of disturbing that anyone has to resort to Snopes to figure this out. I had it at "Gage".

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 160user, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,396
Posts18,506,899
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.