Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I will line up in the "horseshit" line given we are talking many hundreds of thousands or multiples of millions...

Conduct is the best proof of character.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
300%. Woa. 2-300% a year compounded over just a short decade or so isnt half bad.

I bet you are buying and selling more walnut stocks than company stock, yes?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My fuel bill (construction business) was $4000.00/MO. When gas was 4.00. I'm saving a pile now that it's $1.60.

At 45, market crashes are the best thing that can happen for my 401k....as they say, BTFD buy the [bleep] dip

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
I will line up in the "horseshit" line given we are talking many hundreds of thousands or multiples of millions...

This is of what I mentioned earlier...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by EdM

Somewhat but you have not answered the question.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

Somewhat but you have not answered the question.

Ed,

Let's just stick to hunting stories and forget about what you may think about what is available or what I might be capable of doing, as it really doesn't matter, does it?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
OK.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I gotta know what you're doing to get a 200-300% annual return. Indulge me please.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My only 300% return was on rimfire ammo. Of course, I don't want to sell it, but I am tempted.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Techsan
I gotta know what you're doing to get a 200-300% annual return. Indulge me please.

Yes sir. I'd like to know as well.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Shrap and JG, pardon what may be a personal question, but if you are not invested in the market, what are you investing in to grow your retirement assets?

Legit question Techsan. Without intending to sound arrogant or boastful, I made my retirement money in business....frac tank rentals, fuel and water hauling, dabbling in oil and gas investments, dabbled a bit in real estate, and consulting work. I would only allocate maybe 30% of any cash accumulations in the market, and then it was blue chip energy stocks such as ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, and Conoco Phillips. I'm going to sit tight for a couple more months and may decide to buy back into one or more of these.
Sometimes you can "make" $$$ by not losing it, which is my position right now. At least that's the way my feeble mind works.

Techsan, not sure if you're still in Lubbock or not, but I believe that owning rental properties in a college town is a great way to go.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shrap and JG, pardon what may be a personal question, but if you are not invested in the market, what are you investing in to grow your retirement assets?

Actually I had posted about this once before and was called a liar for the return on my money. These investors are so proud of themselves for a 12% annual return on your money and I have done between 200-300% annually with so little risk, you would shake your head.

There are literally millions$ laying unclaimed that are available if you do your homework and take those risks...

Are you selling option/derivatives premium?

Last edited by JBARTRAM; 02/09/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My portfolio contains very little stock but none of the portfolio is making money.....just static...

I'm almost overloaded on grub and ammo but as my buddy says:

"If ya can't see your firewood pile on Google Earth, ya ain't ready"

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Not either of the two gentlemen you mentioned. However, there is value in preserving principle, or NOT losing.

Having your money in cash is not making much...but...you are not loosing either. And when the time comes, you can get back into the market.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
On fuels versus savings/investments/retirement?

I'm still behind at this point. Granted, I'll never get the fuels back and hopefully the market will come around at some point, but.....

Since the artificial surge of crude in 2005

TFF

The artificial increase impacted every facet of our financial lives in a negative way

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saved a couple thousand bucks in fuel, lost a very well paying oil industry job. So yeah, I'd rather have $50-70 bbl/oil. Haven't checked my 401k's lately, don't need additional disappointment.

On the upside I'm now my own boss, figure sooner or later I'll be better off than I was before and I'm making the most of the time off.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I am loosing a lot more than i am savin gin gas. I do honestly believe oil will rebound . There just aint enough oil in the world to supply us with $28 oil. It has to go up. I bough BP oil stock last year at an average of $33.11 . It is $29 now. I dont worry, cause in the 6 months I've had it I could have sold for a big profit 3 months ago and just last week I was almost even. My FBIOX is the worst. It is a Biotech fund and put some more in last week and it is still tanking. My Reit is actually doing the best. ( AGNC) @ $18.50 per share. I am down just a little It is a Realestate investment trust. It gets me 13% interest. It is down 20% in the last 2 yrs and bought 4 months ago and I am sure it will make me money. I hope the market goes up soon. I did take out 18% of my portfolio, not cause it is down , but I dont like the fund my financial advisor picked for me. His 3 ideas he picked turned out to be huge losses. I'm done with him and have been doing better on my own and his ideas have been almost all of my losses.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Not either of the two gentlemen you mentioned. However, there is value in preserving principle, or NOT losing.

Having your money in cash is not making much...but...you are not loosing either. And when the time comes, you can get back into the market.

Hence one must diversify as has been recommended for many, many years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well, as they say, you ain't lost anything unless you sell.... I'm saving about $400 on semi-fuel a week, and I've lost nothing in my IRA's. I'll take it....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 7 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.