Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oddly, the "America's Future Fund" a PAC funded almost exclusively by the Koch brothers, attack Cruz and Kasich in support of Bush and Trump.

___

Anti-Cruz group launches $1.5 million ad blitz in South Carolina

America's Future Fund has long been critical of Cruz's foreign policy platform, and they're spending big against him ahead of the next primary.

American Future Fund, a "conservative" group that spent heavily against Cruz in Iowa, will begin airing a TV commercial in South Carolina that labels Cruz as “weak” on national security — a damaging label in military-heavy South Carolina. The spot ties Cruz to Bernie Sanders, the liberal insurgent who’s gaining momentum in the Democratic primary, and President Barack Obama. “Ted Cruz talks tough on national security. But look at his record. Cruz voted with Bernie Sanders against defense spending,” the ad says. “Cruz sided with Obama to weaken our ability to track terrorists.”
Story Continued Below
The commercial also attempts to paint Cruz as soft on undocumented immigrants, an issue where he has painted himself as the GOP field's strongest candidate of border security — as well as its strongest opponent of "amnesty" for people who entered the country illegally. The issue is a high priority for GOP voters, particularly in conservative South Carolina.
“Cruz proposed mass legalization of illegal immigrants,” it continues. “He even praised the traitor Edward Snowden. Ted Cruz’s talk is cheap. His national security record is weak.”
The outside group, overseen by veteran GOP operative Nick Ryan, is spending $1.5 million to air the commercial. It will air through the Feb. 20 primary on broadcast and cable stations statewide.
Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier slammed the claims, saying they were untrue and would not sway voters.
"The ad is appropriately titled “Weak” because none of the claims made stand up to reason or fact," she said in an email. "This is from the same group that failed to stop us in Iowa and will run into the same roadblock in South Carolina. As they should have already learned, misconstruing Cruz’s record will not work, because voters don’t believe it, they know that Ted has consistently led on efforts to strengthen our national security, fight radical islamic terrorism, and oppose amnesty."

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/20...ll-revenues-from-two-koch-linked-groups/

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting. The Koch's are Libertarian, correct?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, Pat....... you know those evil Kochs are Cruz's "handlers".

I've read it right here on this forum.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I sort of thought the Kochs were pro-Cruz ?

certainly , they are not in Trumps camp......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
I sort of thought the Kochs were pro-Cruz ?

certainly , they are not in Trumps camp......

Liberals try to tell you that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Well written, articulate and powerful come to mind.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I guess that they didn't want Cruz to feel left out since everyone's attacking Trump and not paying any attention to him... whistle

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "Cruz fear" manifests itself in lots of less obvious ways than the Kochs buying ads.

For instance, this morning Fox is showing S.C. polls over three weeks old showing Trump leading Cruz by double digits.

And Karl Rove is pronouncing the Cruz campaign "near the end" if he doesn't take the "white evangelical vote" in S.C.

Of course, those labels are applied during exit polls and we know Rove's success in deciphering those.

The candidates' rhetoric has never bothered the "big boys"......except with Cruz. He has a record of doing what he promises, so they feel threatened.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Rove is just trying to beat down everyone except Jeb/Rubio

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If successful in that, then he will beat down Rubio.

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen that ad airing here in the upstate.

I actually shouted at the TV that LT Pat and Capt Dan were gonna pissed at you!! grin

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

========

Going to be a great fight between Rubio,Bush and Cruz for their 2nd-4th place finishes.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Really can't wait to get down to S.C. next week. I've been in a 'early primary' state during 'the week'.
Think I can vote in the D primary? Tell them I lost my ID on the way.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by isaac
Well written, articulate and powerful come to mind.
Scum bag, cork sucking lieberals come to mine.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I understand your pessimism.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

========

Going to be a great fight between Rubio,Bush and Cruz for their 2nd-4th place finishes.

How many DELEGATES do you expect Trump to lead Cruz by when they leave S.C. ?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The issue is how many delegates could Cruz reasonably expect after losing both NH and SC.

Last edited by isaac; 02/11/16.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All I can do is bring the truth to the people. It's your job to convince them it doesn't matter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The issue is how many delegates could Cruz reasonably expect after losing both NH and SC.

Are you emotionally prepared for a Trump defeat in S.C.?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

No, the issue is whether you want a liberal president, or not. I will concede that Mr. Trump will win if that is what America really wants.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.