Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Yeah, that's it. TRH is ahead of the curve and we can't see it because we hate him so much.

So I'll take off my hate-blinders and listen. Just post up the examples of people here opposing open carry legislation. On this issue tearing apart the gun community there must be examples aplenty.
If I said the Republican base is divided on the issue of abortion, would you conclude that the Republican base is "torn apart" over the issue. Division and being "torn apart" aren't equatable concepts. He's right. You're parsing in order to find disagreement.

Where are the examples of people here at the Fire opposing open carry legislation?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yeah, that's it. TRH is ahead of the curve and we can't see it because we hate him so much.

So I'll take off my hate-blinders and listen. Just post up the examples of people here opposing open carry legislation. On this issue tearing apart the gun community there must be examples aplenty.
If I said the Republican base is divided on the issue of abortion, would you conclude that the Republican base is "torn apart" over the issue. Division and being "torn apart" aren't equatable concepts. He's right. You're parsing in order to find disagreement.

Where are the examples of people here at the Fire opposing open carry legislation?
Every time it's been discussed here there have been, often heated, arguments pro and con.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To open carry, or to legislation allowing open carry?

I don't recall anyone EVER taking the position that open carry should be illegal.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You haven't went back two years and looked at the issue back then. I'd say once you do that, I'll get you a bunch of examples of people opposing open carry...but I won't 'cause I won't. I don't give enough of a [bleep].

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I like having the choice to open carry but do not do so. I have yet to see someone open carry using a level 3 retention holster. Most are in a nylon piece of crap often dangling on a clip meant for IWB.

Those that feel open carry makes them safer ignore the savagery of predators and the number of Police officers killed on duty in uniform. I see no one here advocating for laws prohibiting open carry. Having the choice is obviously best.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I see no one here advocating for laws prohibiting open carry.

I don't remember anybody doing that either, but like Ethan, I don't give enough of a [bleep] to go back two years looking for old posts and doing Hawkeye's work for him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm an old working cop and open carry can be a pain in the ass. People who should know better will call 911 and yell 'man with a gun' and you are not gonna duck that call.

You go, you are extra careful until you know what you're dealing with and you stay careful throughout. There is no way to determine if Mr. Open Carry is legit, a felon or whatever unless you run them. Most people will comply with this but some will not. Often these contacts are video recorded by folks with cellphones, etc. I do not let that affect my handling of the call.

You might think I am against open carry legislation. I am not. I have supported pro 2A legislation at all levels since I was old enough to vote. I have not wavered from this position, occasionally drawing the ire of coworkers and and administrators. Tough Shizzt. If freedom is a little uncomfortable, I'd rather have the freedom than the pretense of comfort.

I do not recommend open carry, because it violates a primary rule of survival in the concrete jungle- never draw unnecessary attention to yourself.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last summer I was easing along in the local Walmart parking lot looking for a parking spot and noticed a young dude walking along with a Glock of some sort locked in his Blackhawk Serpa holster open carrying. And about 20' behind him was a guy trailing along with a video camera. Trolling for trouble so they can be YouTube all stars.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i like open carry guys. while the bad guy is busy shooting them, i can get the hell out of dodge.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rem141r
i like open carry guys. while the bad guy is busy shooting them, i can get the hell out of dodge.

Yeah, what ever you do, don't engage the perps. Real men always run away from gunfire.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
To punctuate what Sarge has said, open carry is akin to being a uniformed LEO, when it comes to visibility.

You would have to be sleeping under a rock for the last year not to have seen the videos of the uniformed LEO's being targeted and murdered by some POS, simply by virtue of their uniform.

I'd rather catch the other ahole by surprise. JMHO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A few years back two gun clerks were closing up shop for the night in Minneapolis. They both liked open carry. Some pukes came in and killed them both and stole 100 handguns.
I think body armor should be worn if you are going to put a target on your back. Is body armor legal for civilians?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Today I noticed a guy in a Taco Bell in Arkansas carrying a Glock 34 in a Kydex holster. No one even looked twice at him besides me. I was trying to determine if I could get that gun out of his holster before he was aware it was gone. It was purely a mental exercise. I believe that if you decide to open carry you get a GOOD holster meant for Police Officers, and then get some weapon retention training. How do you get that kind of training? I don't know. I would hope some of the legitimate shooting schools like Thunder Ranch will train you not only to draw and fire, but the best ways to make sure no one else gets your gun. I said it before and I'll say it again; open carry tells the bad guys to shoot YOU first. I carry concealed for that very reason.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,500 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,002
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.