Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Perhaps you don't understand the necessity of being able to negotiate with the other side of the aisle.

What happens when one side refuses to negotiate?

Pick up you ball and run home? Like the Iowa debate?

That shows real leadership, alright.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
As my wife says, PA is Pittsburgh on one end and Philadelphia on the other with Alabama in-between.

So true.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Shodd

I'm one of those poor uneducated construction workers. At 48 years of age I managed to save a large sum and my property and home are paid for. Im preparing for early semi retirement. After this year I'll be working 1 to 2 days a week and enjoying life.

Meanwhile the so called educated people who don't know how to live within there means have put us all 21 trillion in dept!

Perhaps if I had a little less common sense and a little more education I would have dug myself deep into dept, worked till the day I die, and then passed on my burden of brilliance to my children.
Shod

Nice.

dave

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Perhaps you don't understand the necessity of being able to negotiate with the other side of the aisle.

What happens when one side refuses to negotiate?

Pick up you ball and run home? Like the Iowa debate?

That shows real leadership, alright.

-----------

Does NH and Trump's 16 point lead in SC answer your question?

Last edited by isaac; 02/13/16.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not really.

But his behavior is telling. As is that of those that lose their sanity and credibility defending him.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
My biggest beef with Trump, even more than the fact that I don't like him as a candidate and a man, is the fact that he has created an environment where all the republicans are destroying each other. Yeah, I know, attacks happen in every election, but he has proven that there is no floor on how low the process can sink. With the amount of material that they could be focusing on by going after Hillary and Sanders, their wasting their time and money destroying the republican party. We should be evaluating how well they talk about what's wrong with the democrat candidates as a preview to a general election. Instead, this entire process is all about Trump. If he wins, he have a horrible candidate at best that doesn't share our values imo. If he loses, he has made sure that the rest of the republican field is a bloody mess.

That is something that needed to be done.The Republican party is no longer the party of Conservatism.It is now the Party of Selfservatishm.They do not care what the Electorate wants,only their selfish ,greedy wants.Screw em!!! shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Negotiation is compromise, and compromise is betrayal. Damn, Bob, will you never learn?

In your personal lives, do y'all have ANY principles that are non-negotiable? How about your business life?

It's a rhetorical question, because, of course you do.

The problem is not negotiation. The problem is your stance at the beginning of the negotiation. Any deal you think you MUST make is not gonna be the best deal for you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Negotiation is compromise, and compromise is betrayal.

This.

We have about "compromised" our 2ns amendment right away.

Thanks to those willing to do so with an anti-gun lobby that never stops chipping away at the block. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Trump doesn't have to negotiate or compromise with democrats, he has to negotiate with GOP lead congress that have folded and nonnegotiated us into soon to be 21 trillion and well over 100% GNP debt. Damn bastards!

Unless someone has an extra 20 trillion laying around maybe someone should 'negotiate' our debtors like China into more favorable terms from strength.

Private sector produces money and public sector spends. We need a different set of smarts or we are over, we're probably all ready over but one have one last gasp.

A F'n in your face, up your ass, no holds barred negotiater, who'll walk away with the prize when the other side got handled after saying, thanks for your impute, let's do lunch, you're a great friend.

Kent

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Way too deep a thought for some here.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not really all that deep Bob...it's just that some take trump at his word & his current one liners & others look at the ways he's dealt with democrats in the past...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Not really all that deep Bob...it's just that some take trump at his word & his current one liners & others look at the ways he's dealt with democrats in the past...

The main thing you have to know about him is that the status-quo establishment of both parties fears and hates him. That's buku credibility.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since they passed NAFTA 20 years ago 60000 manufacturing plants have closed nation wide.NAFTA alone cost us 900000 manufacturing jobs.

Ross Perot predicted that and built his campaign around it.

And I voted for him. That was the last chance we had to turn this country back right.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sneaky way to start a third party.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think thats accurate. 90% of america is so fuggen sick of the PC crap that when someone comes along with the mojo to tell it like it is, and PC be damned, it feels right. i would be more of a fan if he just didn't appear as such a pandering, arrogant loudmouth. lets hope that if he wins, he surrounds himself with good people who know how to get schit done in that cesspole inside the beltway. i have my doubts.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
September 30, 2015

Yesterday the leading presidential candidate in the Land of the Free released his tax plan in the Wall Street Journal.
And the Donald certainly did not disappoint his supporters.
His tax plan is bold, aiming to drastically simplify the tax code and reduce the number of individual income tax brackets down to four.
He aims to cut taxes for all individuals who earn less than $25,000 dollars, and reduce the top marginal rate to 25% for those earning more than $150,000.
The corporate tax rate would also be cut to 15%, down from a marginal rate as high as 38%.
The Internet is now abuzz with economists analyzing Mr. Trump’s proposals, assessing the economic impact and making grandiose calculations on whether or not they would be “revenue neutral”.
Criticism already abounds with many saying that his tax plan would vanquish overall tax revenue by many trillions of dollars, leaving the Land of the Free in an even deeper financial hole.
These arguments and discussions are entirely misplaced.
According to government data that I retrieved this morning from whitehouse.gov, since World War II, tax revenue as a percentage of GDP has averaged 17.2%, with very minimal deviation.
Over that period, tax rates have been all over the place.
The top marginal tax rate has been as low as 28% in the 1980s and as high as 94% right at the end of WWII.
Meanwhile, over the course of US history, the top corporate tax rate has been as low as 1% and as high as 53%.
And yet in all this time, despite enormous variations in tax rates, overall tax revenue as a percentage of GDP has barely budged.
If you think about the economy as a giant pie, this means that the government’s slice of that pie is almost invariably between 17% and 18%, regardless of how high or how low they set tax rates.
So any discussion about whether Mr. Trump’s proposal will affect overall tax revenue is completely pointless.
Because seven decades of historical data show that his tax proposal won’t affect the government’s piece of the pie at all.
You’d think that with such incontrovertible historical data, the conversation would turn to the obvious question: how does one make the pie bigger?
Looking back at the data, slashing tax rates can make a big difference.
In 1988 when the US government restructured its tax code, they eliminated several tax brackets and cut both corporate and individual tax rates.
Yet real GDP growth doubled.
Human nature is a funny thing. We all tend to work a little harder if we know there’s a brighter light at the end of the tunnel. So slashing taxes is a nice start.
But there are much larger elements in that economic growth recipe.
It’s hard to make a bigger pie when you’ve got a national debt of $19 trillion; when you spend almost as much money on interest than on ‘defense’; and when you blow nearly the entirety of your tax revenue just on interest and mandatory entitlement programs like Social Security.
It’s harder still to create a bigger pie when the volume of laws, codes, rules, and regulations is enough to fill entire football stadiums.
US regulations have made its entire population guilty of crimes they’ve never heard of, often for the most innocent and innocuous activities.
Operating lemonade stands without a permit, collecting rainwater, failing to file a government survey are just a few activities now treated as criminal conspiracies.
And yet the government continues to publish upwards of a 1,000 pages PER DAY of new rules, regulations, and other proposals.
This isn’t rocket science.
If you look at places that have been patently successful in growing their economies from nothing, they’ve done it by cutting taxes, abstaining from regulation, and leaving people alone to work hard and become successful.
Singapore and Hong Kong are two examples.
They have almost no resources to speak of: no vast deposits of oil and gas, no huge tracts of land and fertile agricultural property like America has.
In fact, Singapore even has to import fresh water from Malaysia.
Yet they’re two of the wealthiest places in the world thanks to low taxes, minimal regulations, zero net government debt-- all things that the United States was once known for.
Until tomorrow,

Simon Black
Founder, SovereignMan.com

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by krp
Trump doesn't have to negotiate or compromise with democrats, he has to negotiate with GOP lead congress that have folded and nonnegotiated us into soon to be 21 trillion and well over 100% GNP debt. Damn bastards!

Unless someone has an extra 20 trillion laying around maybe someone should 'negotiate' our debtors like China into more favorable terms from strength.

Private sector produces money and public sector spends. We need a different set of smarts or we are over, we're probably all ready over but one have one last gasp.

A F'n in your face, up your ass, no holds barred negotiater, who'll walk away with the prize when the other side got handled after saying, thanks for your impute, let's do lunch, you're a great friend.

Kent

Trump has said he can negotiate or compromise with democrats...Trump:"Hey, look, I think I'll be able to get along well with Chuck Schumer. I was always very good with Schumer. I was close to Schumer in many ways."

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 02/13/16.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The problem is that republicans want to "negotiate" the conservatives out of the race before they get to run against a Democrat. It's lost the last two elections for us.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Trump goes down to his work site and gets his political advice from his construction workers. Its not educated but it is meant to be.

I'm one of those poor uneducated construction workers. At 48 years of age I managed to save a large sum and my property and home are paid for. Im preparing for early semi retirement. After this year I'll be working 1 to 2 days a week and enjoying life.

Meanwhile the so called educated people who don't know how to live within there means have put us all 21 trillion in dept!

Perhaps if I had a little less common sense and a little more education I would have dug myself deep into dept, worked till the day I die, and then passed on my burden of brilliance to my children.

Shod

Union or no? If yeah, the post is ironic. If no, nice work to you and yours.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Trump goes down to his work site and gets his political advice from his construction workers. Its not educated but it is meant to be.

Shod

Good for you Shod, there is a very real distinction between schooled and learned. Schooled only guarantees that you sat for a long time.

;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (338rcm, 160user, 300_savage, 44mc, 470Evans, 35, 12 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,494
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.