Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I need to get a few more for builds. Do you guys have a good source for reasonably priced lowers? I've been buying Spike's lowers from AIM Surplus. What do you guys use?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anderson. Try Joe Bobs.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Aero Precision.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's s reasonable price? I pay $65 OTD for in-stock stripped lowers. PSA/Spikes

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
PSA is a good choice..watch for free shipping...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Daveh
What's s reasonable price? I pay $65 OTD for in-stock stripped lowers. PSA/Spikes

I've never seen a Spike's for $65. Where are you finding those?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$50 Andersons local

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
Originally Posted by Daveh

I've never seen a Spike's for $65. Where are you finding those?

I will take some of them $65 Spikes lowers...The lowest I have ever found them for is $89.95 or $79.95 for blems....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I like to ask if there is any 'significant' quality difference from Anderson and the other two/three brands mentioned.

I see local prices vary from $60 to $200 for what seem like color or name differences. My other observation is the $60 Anderson are always sold out or on order. I gave an extra $20 for my first stripped lower. I know a dollar is a dollar, but on a project that will run 500 to 1000 bucks, I dont see the big deal over a 20 dollar bill. Now, QUALITY, that is a concern. I dont want to waste big money on a stainless varmint upper and 2 stage trigger, etc,etc and skimp on the foundation. How do these brands rank against each other?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Aero has great fit and finish and you can also get Cerakote finish. They have a Gen2 that has a tension bolt built in if you have any slop. All I use is Aero Precision they also make great upper it's called M4E1 with an internal barrel nut.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've been looking at them and they seem to have nice products. I'm going to see if I can get my hands one locally, but that may be the direction that I go.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Their hand guards are top notch also I use a 12 inch that weights 8 ounces and the scope mount weights 3 ounces. Everything that I have ever used of there's has had great fit and finish once a month they do a limited run color set so keep a look out.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I guess this would be a good deal, but as per usual - anything remotely resembling a good deal is sold out.

https://odfirearms.com/product/aero-precision-ar-15-stripped-lower-2-pack/

Areo gen II lower for $110 a pair

Or $70 each, plus ship, plus FFL fee.

http://www.eabco.net/Aero-Precision-Gen-2-Stripped-AR15-Lower_p_14405.html

I guess, I will see if I can find ONE locally for 100 plus? Will this shortage/panic ever end?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Here was a camo set they made a couple of months ago.

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by fourbore
I like to ask if there is any 'significant' quality difference from Anderson and the other two/three brands mentioned.

I see local prices vary from $60 to $200 for what seem like color or name differences. My other observation is the $60 Anderson are always sold out or on order. I gave an extra $20 for my first stripped lower. I know a dollar is a dollar, but on a project that will run 500 to 1000 bucks, I dont see the big deal over a 20 dollar bill. Now, QUALITY, that is a concern. I dont want to waste big money on a stainless varmint upper and 2 stage trigger, etc,etc and skimp on the foundation. How do these brands rank against each other?

You can get a lower priced product that is worthy of building on... or not. Like most products, chances of getting a quality part goes up as price goes up, but this is not written in stone.

My take is that the lower priced units vs. higher priced can be summed up by what that extra cost is actually buying. At the top of the list is inspection of each step along the way to preclude the annoyances that may not be evident initially in some of the cheaper offerings. Things like tight magazine wells, oversize/undersize pin holes, pin hole location out of spec, holes not straight allowing pins to walk out, the radius at the rear of the receiver not matching fixed stocks, anodizing discoloration or quality, etc.

These inspections add man-hours that increase the price AND the likelihood of getting a quality in-spec. product. I surmise, based on their quality, that Mega for example has more invested in their machinery/tooling not to mention well-earned reputation, than to jeopardize public perception of their product by cutting corners.

P.S. Sprayed on coatings sometimes add their own set of problems. The added price actually adding value depends on whether or not you might be putting lipstick on a pig and/or the quality of application of said lipstick. wink

Last edited by Captain; 02/14/16.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen things like tight mag wells and tight/loose pin holes, etc from expensive as well as cheap lowers.

I usually shop for the price & color I want, unless I'm going to paint it. I can't see any reason to spend over $100 for a lower, that's just a rip off. If you look around you'll see those high dollar lowers have problems too, but everyone seems to ignore them when they paid some ridiculous amount.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deere2320
Here was a camo set they made a couple of months ago.

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

I like the looks of that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The last three I purchased where Anderson and they were 35 or 36 bucks apiece and this was a couple of months back. I still have two of them I haven't used. The Anderson are great lowers.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The cheapest lower I ever bought has set some range records in its life.... The most expensive has too, but its only a colt lower..

i see zero need to spend lots of money on expensive lowers..

And at 50 or less a pop, if they ain't true, send em back or at least you haven't lost 200 or so...

I'm not a newbie to the AR or shooting either...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I ordered a couple of Aero uppers!!!!They Looked no better than a cheap Anderson or psa upper .....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.