Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I guess I don't take too much on internet forums personal, could be a symptom of my work day where I have to deal with people with bigger issues. I know I got interested in this forum first to learn about 99s and then about other Savage models. I say bring on the discussions of the 99 and all its variants as well as all of the other small arms made by Savage. And if a picture of a scantly clad butt of the female persuasion happens to get slipped in from time to time then all the better, I think we are all guys here. By the way I think that sling she's packing is called a G-Sling!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Originally Posted by Fireball2
instead of complaining there is no Savage collectors forum.

Huh?

Your the one that started this thread Drama Queen.

Give it up, Joe. I'd sooner talk to a piss hole in the snow. He's about clueless. Not even worth the effort.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/12/16.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread is worthless without pictures.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skidrow
This thread is worthless without pictures.

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
And on a happier note got my 1907 Savage 380 pistol up and running! had to buy a parts lot, but now I have extra 380 stuff to keep her running! Joe might be intrested in a Rt. grip panel, I got a New wonder glue Im going to try!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I personally got tired of posting up things to discuss when almost nobody else bothers. All it would take is for a few folks to post up an oddball or unusual gun once a month each after the auction hammer falls on it, and this forum would stay interesting.

This is true of the whole Campfire, sadly this is what has become of this site. Criticism and foul language have become the norm, leaving little time or space for decency...

Does this mean you miss BRICKTOP?

Doc

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Which 99 is this?

Not my picture. He knows whose it is..... wink

[Linked Image]

What 99?

GEZZZ.. I wanted her to turn around to check the round counter. laugh

Doc

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Me too.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wouldn't mind seeing the sights, both of them!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Talk to diamond Jim. He has got more views of the model .......99

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlering
Joe might be intrested in a Rt. grip panel, I got a New wonder glue Im going to try!

Say the word and I'll send it out.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The only thing to remember; No matter how good looking she is somebody somewhere is already tired of her!

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I personally got tired of posting up things to discuss when almost nobody else bothers. All it would take is for a few folks to post up an oddball or unusual gun once a month each after the auction hammer falls on it, and this forum would stay interesting.

Don't stop posting Calhoun, I enjoy your posts and although I don't always comment it doesn't mean I'm not reading/learning, and mostly, what I have to say you already know. This goes for some others on here too. I really DO hate to see the acrimony that develops here because it is a very informative place. Biggest bunch of enablers on the web, I've probably bought 15 99's in the last 4-5 years because of you guys and I'm not exactly Donald Trump! Regards 21

Last edited by 21; 02/14/16.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
^^^ What 21 said. I'm lucky, I think I'm only averaging a little over one a year. But, since I retired, my wife is getting tired of me being in the way. I told her I will not get another job, I have plenty of paying projects as soon as my knee gets better and this weather breaks. But, if I do get so bored that I get a job, every penny I make is going into the restoration of my 68 Cuda convertible, and more 99's with condition, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
21, "...what I have to say you already know."

When RAM and I started answering questions about 15 ago on the old Gun&Knife board I didn't know much more than the people asking the questions. I learned a lot from digging up answers. My answers were not always correct but you learned from that, too. We have covered a lot of subjects since then and there are still a lot of subject to cover or cover better.

Now days for me it is not so much learning something new (with Savage there is always more to learn) as learning something that I have forgotten. So, post away. It's all good. The value it holds is only dependent on where the reader is on the information tree. There is always some ahead of you and some behind. Learning something new, or something you forgot, is what keeps me coming back.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've gained a lot of knowledge from posters here, and for that I'm grateful. I've also been able to purchase some parts here that just weren't available anywhere else. I don't see what the bitching is about.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 on what gregintenn said. I don't post much because I don't know a lot.
I do miss jed's and boltman's posts though.

Mike

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I enjoy this site as much as any on the internet. I think the guys here are swell- I respect the whole bunch. I learned a long time ago everybody brings something to the party, including this one. It is truly a Moveable Feast for the way it continues to evolve. Evolution is good. Change is good, for without it we grow stale and set in our ways- and curmudgeons are born and things get boooooring.

I tend to get excited about something, learn all I can, and then grow disinterested and move on to the next thing. I vouchsafe that would have happened with me and Savage lever actions too had it not been for y'all. You keep it interesting, and now Savages hold a firm place among the gun types that have held constant sway for me all my life. But, more importantly I have made friends with people I would have never met were it not for this forum.

Has the flavor of the forum changed? You bet, and several times at that over the 10 years I've hung out here. Do I care? Nope, for it has never changed for the worse- just sort of shifted direction a bit from time to time. Do I miss some of the guys who no longer stop by? Sure, but I suspect they had good reasons for drifting away, and anyway people change. It's what happens. (I'm Friends with Jed on Facebook, and by all accounts he is living la dolce vita down in Florida by the way.)

Most of us have talked the subject of Savages to death, and perhaps even gotten a bit jaded from over exposure. That's to be expected. The trick is to keep an open mind and an open attitude toward learning and sharing what we learned. Haven't we all, those who've been here a while, said something dumb or mis-stated a fact or pissed someone else off? I sure have, and I like to feel that I've grown from it.

Whew. I'm thirsty now. I'm gonna have two (or five) fingers of Sailor Jerry now. Y'all better still be here when I get back! wink

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What he said!

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
WOW! Well said buddy.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,533
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.