B
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

You fuggin' ignoramus.... .

really?

after 10 years of coming here every day?

after answering 1-2 veterinary PMs every day the whole time?

that's all the truck it's worth?

just another [bleep] on the internet?

fine, I guess.

carry on...

Yep, you're a REAL DUMBAZZ, 'cause you think goin' to vet school and having folks call you "doc" makes you a goddam expert on everything, like the US Constitution you've never bothered to read.

Darrell, are you ever not a total jackass? It's not like an EMT with a lapsed certification has any more training on the Constitution than a vet does.

Thanks for making my point. I also do not have a graduate degree therefore I can parrot libtard schidt and be the dumbazz many expect me to be.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Can't remember the fool's real name but is Bluemonday our buddy TAK?

Some of his posts on other threads have a distinct odor to them...

Who is this TAK? Did he make you appear to be the dumbazz you are for real?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
The problem with this is that UtahLefty, BobinNH, and shaman are each correct.

There was always to be a separation of church and state. Yet, the Establishment Claude has been perverted. And, for the purpose of eliminating all gods but that of the State.

That is precisely what they are trying to do. We know "why".

I explain to people the reason they do this,and get the "deer in the headlights" look. They do not believe , or the concept is so abstract to them that it goes completely over their heads. [bleep] educations. not well read.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
To no one in particular,

Click On This Link for evidence that supports the notion that there are no atheists. There are only theists, and people who are trying to evade theism. This is from a man who is a former evader. A good read.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by achadwick
To no one in particular,

Click On This Link for evidence that supports the notion that there are no atheists. There are only theists, and people who are trying to evade theism. This is from a man who is a former evader. A good read.

The fool sayeth in his heart there is no God. 14th Psalm

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Until 1947, the Supreme Court had ruled numerous times that America was indeed a "Christian nation." I guess they decided that WWII had changed that, or that early jurisprudence had been wrong.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Can't remember the fool's real name but is Bluemonday our buddy TAK?

Some of his posts on other threads have a distinct odor to them...

Yes. It's TAK again.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by shaman
If I were an Atheist, and I seriously believed what I didn't believe in, I'd be doing something to make sure the deluded religious morons kept the right to pray as often as loudly as they wanted. I'd even think about wearing a WWJD T-Shirt myself. Here's why: after they're done shuttering the churches, they'll be forcing you on your knees, praying to something you don't want just like the rest of us. Take it from the guy who walks around with a funny headdress and a rattle-- you really don't want to get on the wrong end of this deal.

Traveling to deer camp, I drive several back roads to get to where I'm going. I've written about this before, about the epiphany I had one Sunday, driving back to town at sundown and passing all those little white churches, all of different demoninations with the parking lots filled and the lights blazing and choirs signing, and all inside thinking it was they alone that held the pass to salvation. And here was I , in my truck, listening to obscure Jethro Tull.

In long years of ancient time, stood alone a friend of mine.
Reflected by the ever-burning sigh of a god who happened by.
And in the dawn, there came the song of some sweet lady singing in his ear.
Your god has gone, and from now on, you'll have to learn to hate the things you fear.
We want to know, are we inside the womb
of passion plays, and by righteousness consumed?
Or just in lush contentment of our souls?
And so began the age of man.
They left his body in the sand.

Their glasses raised to a god on high who smiled upon them from the sky.
So take the stage. Spin down the ages. Loose the passion. Spill the rage upon your son
who holds the gun up to your head -
the play's begun.

Everything seemed right in the world that night, and perhaps that is truth, because we all think we have the answer, and in God's eyes we probably all look like that, little white churches like so many little white ant hills on so many little garden paths. That's a good thing, I think. It was the way He meant it to be-- a bunch of little white ant hills with a bunch of little black ants inside all safely assuming that they have the right answer.

I like the way you think

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago, and I've told this story before here, I was hunting on a private campground. The owner was involved with the local neo-pagan church, and was getting a lot of heat from the locals. The county sheriff and some of the deputies all attended the same Christian church up the road, and the pastor was telling his flock that the pagans were all devil worshippers and had to be expunged from the county.

Al, the owner, and a bunch of his friends got hassled by the police a lot. Once Al even got arrested and detained on a noise ordinance violation. It should have been a simple ticket, but instead they took him down to the pokey, fingerprinted him and strip searched him before making him sit in a cell for hours. When a judge got assigned to the case, he was from the same church. You see what's coming.

Mind you, I'm not a pagan. I'm just a good Methodist boy. However, I can't stand to see this kind of breach of civil rights, especially when it might interfere with my deer hunting. Mind you as well, these were not Satanists, just a bunch of New-Age tree-hugging types. Along about Halloween, I got a call from a buddy of mine at WKRC-TV news, wanting to know if I knew of any witch types they can interview for Halloween. I saw an opportunity, and the next thing you know, Channel 12's doing a live feed from Al's campground, showing their Samhein celebration. Al came off as a cool hippy grandfather in a bathrobe. The next thing you know it leads to some major newspaper coverage of the legal issues, and somebody somewhere got hold of it and it went national.

Enter the Jews. The ADL pledged support, and was going to bankroll the defense, and take it as far as SCOTUS if need be. Their theory, and it pays to take notice here, is that it is better to defend religious rights with cases involving Pagans and Santerians and such so that the issue never ends up on the door of a Jewish Synagogue. I mention the Santerians, because their previous big case had been defending the right of the Voodoo folks to kill chickens in their celebrations. If the chicken deal had gone south, the next step might have been going after Kosher slaughterhouses. See how this works?

So why should Atheists care? The point is that once you've done away with all the other religions, something is going to try and fill the void. It could be Gaia worship. It could be North Korean/Stalinist-type state worship. You cannot do away with a basic human need. The problem for Atheists, is that as it is, an Atheist can be pretty much left alone. That could change. Given a free hand and no other religion out there for competition, whose to say we might not end up with a Roman style religion, where the state makes worshiping the idols of the state compulsory? What if not attending the weekly committee meeting becomes a felony? What if you have to join in order to work, or vote, or have children? That might all be in store once there is no competition.

I like Flying Spaghetti Monsters and Invisible Pink Unicorns as much as the next fellow. It's all a good laugh. However, the last thing I want is someone making me tithe 30% to one of them.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
One can certainly have militant theists (90% of the world;s problems stem from religions fighting each other) and one can imagine militant atheists. But there can't be a militant agnostic.

Actually, I've run into at least two militant (I prefer to call them "evangelical") agnostics in my life. Their shtick was, "I don't know whether there's a God, and neither do you, because it's unknowable!"

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
To no one in particular,

The fool sayeth in his heart there is no God. 14th Psalm

I saw a guy once work this into an argument that the holiest day of the year for atheists is April 1.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Barak,

I saw a guy once work this into an argument that the holiest day of the year for atheists is April 1.

Now that's funny. laugh

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought so too, but I can't reproduce it, so getting the full benefit requires some imagination.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (222Sako, 338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 66 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.