Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

I don't remember that. But it's Okay. Dr. Thomas Barnes did about thirty-five years ago when he showed the half life of the earth's magnetic field. It is one of the oldest geochronometers (earth clocks). Its half life is shown to be about 1,400 years. Of course evolutionist don't like this scientific information.

For those who don't know the half life of carbon 14 is 5,730 years. That means in 5,730 years half will be gone. In another 5,730 half of that will be gone, etc, etc.

Evolutionist don't like anything that can actually be checked to show the earth is not billions of years old. Here's a fun tidbit. When people were trying to get away from God and a 6,000 year old creation, the earth was dated to be millions of years old. Then when they gave evolution some thought the earth aged exponentially to accommodate the new theory. Then it was revised to a couple billion and now a couple billion more years were added to it. So the brainwashed evolutionist claim it is 4.6 billion years old. The idea the radiometric dating proves anything is refuted by the idea if a date disagree with a dated fossil the radiometric date is revised. The fossil is sacrosanct.

How did they get the date 4.6 Billion years? Allende, a meteorite, was dated with radiometric dating method and came up with 4.6 billions. That was the assumed age of the solar system. Odd they chose that one. I read some of the lunar rocks were older than that and some were younger than that. Of course they were rejected.

In order for Barnes to be right, Einsteins theory of relativity would have to be wrong. Does your GPS work? Then Barnes is wrong.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

In order for Barnes to be right, Einsteins theory of relativity would have to be wrong. Does your GPS work? Then Barnes is wrong.

Where did you come up with this foolishness? The GPS works from its satellite orbital position no matter how strong the magnetic field is. I was pretty sure you wouldn't accept a scientific fact if it challenged your world view. We both use rescuing devises all the time. The creationist just doesn't need as many. And then more scientific discoveries are made the fewer the creationist needs rescuing devises.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Geno.
Did I ever tell ya about the polish constipated mathematician?

He worked it out with his slide rule.

grin

Quite the comedian you are! wink

Geno

PS, actually that's kinda funny, one could substitute whatever nationality, gender, etc for Polish.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
antelope_sniper,

Where did you come up with this foolishness? The GPS works from its satellite orbital position no matter how strong the magnetic field is. I was pretty sure you wouldn't accept a scientific fact if it challenged your world view. We both use rescuing devises all the time. The creationist just doesn't need as many. And them more scientific discoveries are made the fewer the creationist needs rescuing devises.

You don't even know WHY the GPS system is dependent upon relativity?

Hint, it has nothing to do with the strength of magnetic fields.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
General relativity is more accurate that Newton's force over distance squared formula when it comes to 1) the orbit of Mercury around the sun, 2) very precise locations of GPS satellites, and 3) the gravity in a galaxy about half way out from the black hole in the center. Beyond that distance from the center of a galaxy, gravity is so weak, General relativity does not account for all the gravity. Dark matter is the popular hand waving for outer galaxy orbits and galaxy cluster orbit velocities.

Still, sending a probe to Mars? Good old Newton math is good enough.

General relativity was verified 100 years ago by light bending around the sun in an eclipse.

Putting gravity waves all over in the news is much ado about nothing, unless you are Kip Thorne. He has just about been squeezed out of history by the liberal wikipedia.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Hint, it has nothing to do with the strength of magnetic fields.

You couldn't tell I realized that from my post?

You don't even know WHY the GPS system is dependent upon relativity?

I've never heard a lecture on that subject, but I will speculate based on other things I have heard. There is something called gravitational time dilatation. The more gravity the slower time is. The satellites need to be programmed with this information for our GPS toys to work. Does this have something to do with Einstein's Theory of relativity? Am I close?

For sure bed time is getting close. Lord willin' I will "talk" to you tomorrow.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

This gun and vehicle were designed with a slide rule.
I was there.
The math for the hydraulic recoil taper is really hard.
The math for the barrel vertical balance and swing balance [equilibrator] is worse.

Clark,

cool

Thanks, and

Dude, you must be like ancient or something.

Maybe older than me, even. wink

Geno

PS, not to worry, I hearr tell that leopard skin dude is even older than us. I think he's from a culture where anything over 5 is classified as just "many" grin

PPS, I still have my slide rule from HS and JC blush

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Clark,
Dude, you must be like ancient or something.
Maybe older than me, even. wink

When I was 5 years old in 1956 I wore my cap guns and coonskin cap every day.
My father was chief engineer designing the M55, M107, and M110 artillery. When he would take me to work with him on Saturday to Pacific Car and Foundry Renton, I saw lots of red fluid on the ground and thought it was blood from shooting people with all those big guns.

When I started college in 1969 we had slide rules. By 1974 we all had calculators.

When my son was 6 years old I was giving him calculus problems. He is now 29 and makes $220k at Google.

My father was smart at math, my son is smart at math.
Not me.
I got through a lifetime of engineering [power supply design] using only my knowledge of algebra and first year calculus.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
BOWSINGER,

Imaginations are critical for seekers of Truth.

Or it could be the result of some one actually doing scientific research and investigation.

Says the idiot that believes the Earth is 4,000 years old, that men walked with dinosaurs, and super extra high scope rings will magically defy the laws of physics and flatten the trajectory of a bullet.

so ringman aint got a clue about line of sight,line of bore, and line of trajectory and gravity

bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
4ager,

You do realize you're "conversing" with someone who wasn't smart enough to NOT keep going to work for an employer long after that employer's checks started bouncing (as in many months of that),

Sometimes it helps to know the whole story. I didn't need the money and was extremely entertained by the actions. I didn't leave until I discovered there was no workman's compensation. Since I was regularly working with industrial knives, I quit that day.

and someone who believes that you can defy physics and magically flatten the trajectory of a bullet by installing extra super high rings under the scope, right?

You really stretch the truth. I did a three hour test comparing 1.68" high rings with 2.2" high rings. I sighted in the rifle at 200 yards with both and fired ten shots at 100 yards and 300 yards with the different rings. The rifle fired ten shots into .450" at 100 yards so it was easy to see how high or how low in relation to the point of aim the groups were. Both at the 100 and 300 yard targets the impact of the higher rings was closer to the point of aim. Even JBM will confirm this info for those who are inclined to be informed instead of wallowing in ignorance.

A couple years later Barnes Bullets ran the same test and made the same discovery. Science is observable, testable, repeatable and verifiable. On the other hand attackers and evolutionists need no facts.

I wasn't finished when it posted.

what a crock of chit

all that happened was the bullets trajectory crossed your line of sight when it rose and and then when it fell

line of sight is perfectly straight/flat
line of bore is perfectly straight/flat
line of trajectory drops as soon as it leaves the bore due to gravity

the "curve" of "line of trajectory" is "accomplished" by creating los and lob crossing each other

rounds "rise" across los once and "fall" below los once due to los and lob parralex/crossing

all you accomplished was a shift on points of rise and fall at said given yardage
higher or lower
wgaf..............
and their was a difference
cause you said it was closer to point of aim so their was a shift obviously...................

still waiting on my fred flintstone and dino the dinosaur picture pages calendar hanging out with missing books of the bible people.......................................

Last edited by renegade50; 02/16/16.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What does this all have to do with the OP?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
nothing really

except that ringman opened his piehole and we cant resist replying to him when he preaches on the wrongs of science according to him and that all of us should believe like he believes in the bible

im catholic

so Im supposed to believe that if ringman is not catholic he is not of the true faith and not reading the true bible from god and reading one of mans reworded false bibles from offshoot "religons" of the christan faith and is gonna burn in hades

that's what im supposed to believe about other christen faiths according to the catholic church

and he don't know chit about los,lob and lot

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
What does this all have to do with the OP?

We're all just riding the gravitational waves,

Chill dude grin

Geno

PS, that wood stove worked out OK? Getting enough wet stuff there to keep you all happy this summer? (reservoirs filled up?)

In it is contentment

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Clarkm
General relativity is more accurate that Newton's force over distance squared formula when it comes to 1) the orbit of Mercury around the sun, 2) very precise locations of GPS satellites, and 3) the gravity in a galaxy about half way out from the black hole in the center. Beyond that distance from the center of a galaxy, gravity is so weak, General relativity does not account for all the gravity. Dark matter is the popular hand waving for outer galaxy orbits and galaxy cluster orbit velocities.

Still, sending a probe to Mars? Good old Newton math is good enough.

General relativity was verified 100 years ago by light bending around the sun in an eclipse.

Putting gravity waves all over in the news is much ado about nothing, unless you are Kip Thorne. He has just about been squeezed out of history by the liberal wikipedia.

See, it is possible to be Christian AND Scientifically literate!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The wood stove makes life nice...I'm mostly burning almond wood and get it started with a small load of pine in the mornings. wink Most reservoirs are filling nicely but the one below me (New Melones) is lagging a bit. Supposed to be a good storm coming tomorrow & if the weather holds like it has for most of the winter, the lakes should all be in pretty good shape...the monster "godzilla" el nino we were supposed to have, never showed up...at least not yet.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 270cowboy, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,332
Posts18,487,602
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.